User Tag List

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -that service club is really doing a good service to provide the swimming and free food. Definitely a way to get the community interested in its fundraisers during rest of year. Glad that the event is of interest to you and your family! Marathon mom rep for getting that quick WM shop done!
    @jasperandchar -your credit card is giving your points per dollar spent-so every dollar earns you points. Are you finding in-store PC Plus offers when you have a a chance to pop into a Loblaws or No Frills banner store? I'll admit to buying another raspberry leaf tea because PC Plus gave me another 1000pts offer and the store has the $1 off regular price on the item too. Thought I best not miss that dual opportunity since paying regular price last time. Sometimes one offer in the current week's offers is enough to get me to buy that item.

I did get a Coke 6pk pop at Shoppers for $1.99 in mid-afternoon yesterday, but when I made a second trip in evening (to get the Lotto 6-49 ticket when I realized what a big jackpot there was), all that was left were packages of Diet Coke. Staff told me that customers were snapping up the pop.
    @SassyAshley -thrilled for you and your Mom that you both are moving together towards house/money goals. It really has helped your Mom to have full time work so she knows she has that financial steadiness.

Tax return-I had earlier posted I had no income. Focus group payment is actually other income, so I did have a line 130 entry.
    Teachers, you get a refundable tax credit on page 4 line 469 that can be applied against taxes payable. There are conditions on claiming up to $1000 of eligible school supplies (max $150 credit or 15% of your claim) but any credit helps!
    Adults and post-secondary students (your school may have a fee built into your student services for student bus pass), don't forget to claim any public transit monthly passes for your non-refundable tax credits. Students should check their school e-portals next week or by Feb. 28 for their tuition slips to print out.

Surprising find yesterday-pulling out my missing red $ store gloves out of a PC shopping tote used by Mom. She found them a week ago when I had tossed someone's laundry into my folks' bedroom. Mom thought I was conveying a message to her to wear my gloves (she has a everyday knit pair that are in dire condition). Mom had gone shopping yesterday and did not finish unpacking her tote, so I did in order to put the bag away. I was amused. I may keep the gloves for another winter instead of tossing them at the end of this winter. Third time I've lost this pair!! The Universe is having fun with me.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    $10 is a lot. Our local Y charges $5 for pool use.
    Yes, it is quite expensive. Our pool is part of our large community centre with weight room, racket ball courts, spin class area, small gym, public library, city parks office space, pottery room, Lion's Club room, Over 60 room, decent canteen, the old skating rink, a large new skating rink with stands and a walking track around it, etc. There is also a skateboard park out back and hoops in the front.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 19th, 2017 at 10:11 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-lilo-same here yep I know i have a head cold woke up with this -of course hubby has had one the past week but his cough -he was always coughing -ugggg
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -lilo-same here yep I know i have a head cold woke up with this -of course hubby has had one the past week but his cough -he was always coughing -ugggg
    I have had this for a week now.....so tired and coughing all of the time. May see doctor tomorrow as I still feel terrible. My boyfriend also has it and was put on antibiotics. The only positive thing is I have spent very little money this week - just food and cough syrup. Had some hot chocolate yesterday that caused a terrible coughing fit at the dog park...I had to drink the water I brought for the dog.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@Barbi s and @coupon girl - Get Well Soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-thanks for the get well wishes -just made 4 containers of homemade chicken soup
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

5 loads of laundry done. Washed. Dried and folded. Had to do a king size comforter at laundromat so did towels, bedding and couch blankets. Feels good to have it all clean. Dinner tonight is leftovers/fend for yourself. Will dig in freezer now and take something out for tomorrow night. Very tired tonight so looking forward to watching a movie.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We changed our bedding here too FBM and did 3 loads of laundry. DD has gone to a movie with her friend and DH and I are hanging out after a nice sunny but cool walk.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bf has a cold that started last thursday. Its ended up with him in the hospital er today...out via medic vac tomorrow morning for more tests.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Bf has a cold that started last thursday. Its ended up with him in the hospital er today...out via medic vac tomorrow morning for more tests.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it won't take them long to get the proper diagnosis and treatment plan in place.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

Gosh, sure hoping he recovers quickly; in my thoughts and prayers.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope everyone under the weather starts to feel better.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

-thanks for the get well wishes -just made 4 containers of homemade chicken soup
    This reminded me to make up my own batch of chicken soup because I used the last two jars in the jambalaya I made up a few days ago. I'm probably sharing info that everyone knows already....but that's never stopped me from talking! I always keep three doubled plastic bags in the freezer of bones and scraps. One is chicken, the other is ham (including the rinds that I trim off) and the last is beef. Whenever I peel or slice off parts of veggies that I don't use, they go into one bag or another. When the bags are full I make stock by leaving a full pot to simmer for a few hours. The ham and beef bones go to the dogs after I strain the broth. I'm sure most canuckers do the same but maybe some newbies don't. Believe me, with the cost of broth in stores, you *need* to make your own. Besides which, store broth is so salty.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! Hoping this short work week goes by fast!

Shopped at SDM on Saturday for me (milk/eggs/choc milk $15.31 and the rest for work for 20X the points. 18,055 in points!
    Went back and bought 4 TP for $3.99 and used .75 Coupons. Didn't have the coupons on me, oh well C'est la vie.

Washed my vehicle yesterday. It was so dirty!

My ipad is charging today so it will be ready to take and post pictures for stuff for sale. Back at it tonight since I plan on being home in the evening and around on the weekend for pick ups.

Well better get a money back rebate filled out and mailed out today

Have a great day!

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information