Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Like Tree2397Likes

Thread: The Cat Club

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

LMAO !

Your cat looks huge in the picture!!

Soo cute, I have a fat cat named Oreo, but she's a sketch and only comes out at night time and for food.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

reviving this thread.....

some weird things that my cats do:
    - scooter will sleep with her paw over her face. I heard that is because cats get headaches. Although I think it's just a way to cover the light maybe?
    - pesky will lay on my bed upstairs all day long, and if the cover gets on the floor, she will lay on the floor in it and not on the bed. she loves to lay under bunched up covers.
    - scooter loves to lick, she will lay on me and lick my fingers after I smoke, I don't know if she likes the smell/taste or she sees it as cleaning me?
    - scooter will lick pesky too and it will always end badly when them swating one another.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I just shaved my kitty-need to post a pic I think! lol He is hilarious. Well see we have this little massager that is small and we use it on each other's backs and then one time one of us had the smart (now we realize not so smart) idea to try it on the cat and he loooooves it! Now we can't use it without him trying to get us to use it on him! He loves to roll on his back to be massaged on his tummy for some really odd reason! Well when I started shaving him-I think he thought I had the massager maybe because it vibrates a bit and guess what he does? he got excited and rolled on his back! until he realized he was losing hair while being massaged! I thought I would play along and actually get some off his tummy which he doesn't usually let me do. bwahahaha. lol so he rolled over and allowed me to shave his back but not his tummy and he wasn't too happy with me-I think he wasn't pleased I tricked him! lol
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

what did you shave your cat with? I take pesky to a groomer to get her hair clipped every so often.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

we have special pet clippers because we used to have pappillions who had long hair and needed to be shaved and they were a small investment but it has saved us money in the long run. I researched how to clip cats because they have more sensitive skin and different skin than a dog does and I asked about how to do it and stuff. No one thought I would get the clippers close to him but no one believed me that he likes water either at first! lol We all think he is part dog! LOL

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

but since he has long hair-he gets mats easily and he is afraid of scissors but doesn't have too much of a problem with the clippers. Imagine that! lol We usually just go as long as he wants to and usually spread it over two days that we get most of it the one day and then just smooth it out the next day. He lasts a pretty long time actually. But we only go up to his shoulders because he doesn't like us clipping past there and apparently a cat's neck has extremely sensitive skin and it can rip easily and bleeds really bad so we will not ever do past his shoulders. Apparently all their skin is quite fragile so we are very careful and we try to make it as pleasent an experience as we can. He is quite good about it and for the most part just lays there and doesn't really care but when he has had enough he does care and wants to go so we let him. It's the best way to keep mats down and keep from using scissors that he has a fear of for some reason.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is my kitty;

not to bring down anyone's day but she has mammorry cancer and i accually have to put her down tomorrow.... which is extremely sad for me since I was 5. Love her to death. Make sure to get your cat spayed so they dont lose the risk of getting mammory cancer. <3
    Last edited by random_gurl09; Tue, Oct 6th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

random_gurl I am so sorry.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

random_gurl I am soo sorry you have to go thru that. I lost my dog earlier this year and it is really really tough and if you ever need to chat or need a virtual shoulder I am here for you as I am sure many others are as well! It does get easier eventually. our dog was 11yrs old almost 12 and it was devestating at first but it does get a bit easier. I still get tears sometimes thinking about her and when I look at her pictures I still get sad but it is getting easier. I know this is a cat thread but I just thought I would share that. I had to talk about it on here a few times and people here were amazing with support and so don't feel nervous about talking about it if you need to. It really helps. I have my kitty neutered and you brought up a good point to have pets spayed and neutered-they have less chance of getting sick with some stuff.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I better go comfort my kitty because he doesn't like the wind and he gets super jumpy (like me!) when it gets windy. Maybe he feels my fear? I hate the strong wind and right now it is gusting to 89km/hr. I hate this kind of wind. My kitty does too. He jumps at the slightest noise and sprints every direction. Even noises he knows scare him. I feel bad for him.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have four indoor cats and a large feral colony outside. DH feeds the outdoor cats dry food, wet food, yogurt and treats so of course they're going to stay in the area.

One of the feral cats started bodyslamming the backdoor if he was hungry and we hadn't put out food yet. Good way to get our attention.

That same cat would sleep in the sunshine outside the basement window where 3 of our indoor cats were frantically pawing and jumping at the window trying to get at the outdoor cat. He wasn't bothered at all and paid no attention.

Unfortunately over the summer the outdoor cats started disappearing and we are down to only four - 2 adult wild cats we can't touch (but they take our food!) and two kittens. I had moved for work so took the indoor cats with me so DH has now moved the two kittens inside to socialize them so we can get spayed/neutered and find them a home. We're "known" for this at the local vet office so they give us a break on the procedure and let us post notices in their office to find homes for them.

One of those kittens has had the phone put to him so often for me to hear him purring he thinks the phone is a toy and tries to take it. Not always funny when it's a business call.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Sorry random_gurl

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Rosie sleeps like this a lot, lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Terri, she's SO beautiful!
    Maybe it's a thing with bigger cats... We've had cats for years, and have our first 'fat' cat - at only six months, he's a big one! He started sleeping like this, and it's hilarious!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

My one cat just ate an elastic. I can't wait until she throws that up.

Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information