User Tag List

Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Like Tree2397Likes

Thread: The Cat Club

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Terri, she's SO beautiful!
    Maybe it's a thing with bigger cats... We've had cats for years, and have our first 'fat' cat - at only six months, he's a big one! He started sleeping like this, and it's hilarious!
    Thank you!! Lmao I think it's just a fat cat thing too!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    My one cat just ate an elastic. I can't wait until she throws that up.
    What happened ? Did she throw it up yet?

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    What happened ? Did she throw it up yet?
    We went and bought some 3% hydrogen peroxide, we read that online you can induce cats to throw up by making them drink it. So, we took her into the bathroom and forced her to drink some, she was freaked out and scratched us pretty good. My bf held her and I made her drink it from a dropper. We had to try a couple of times because she was struggling a lot, and it was getting everywhere. She did throw up twice, the first time there was no rubberband, but the second time there was!

I called the emergency vet before my bf got home and asked what I should do, they told me I should bring her in to be safe. It would of been $99 to the exam, and then $50 to induce her to throw up. The hydrogen peroxide and dropper cost us about $3.

I think she is fine now, we got it out. She was freaked out for sure though and it wasn't fun for us either, I hated seeing her in pain, it was a lot harder than I imagined. I kept reading online how cats swallowing things like that can be really damaging to them and can kill them, getting wrapped up in their intestines, so I didn't want to risk it.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Can my kitty in my signature join? Her name is Chessie.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

We went and bought some 3% hydrogen peroxide, we read that online you can induce cats to throw up by making them drink it. So, we took her into the bathroom and forced her to drink some, she was freaked out and scratched us pretty good. My bf held her and I made her drink it from a dropper. We had to try a couple of times because she was struggling a lot, and it was getting everywhere. She did throw up twice, the first time there was no rubberband, but the second time there was!

I called the emergency vet before my bf got home and asked what I should do, they told me I should bring her in to be safe. It would of been $99 to the exam, and then $50 to induce her to throw up. The hydrogen peroxide and dropper cost us about $3.

I think she is fine now, we got it out. She was freaked out for sure though and it wasn't fun for us either, I hated seeing her in pain, it was a lot harder than I imagined. I kept reading online how cats swallowing things like that can be really damaging to them and can kill them, getting wrapped up in their intestines, so I didn't want to risk it.
    Poor little thing!
    I'm glad you got it out

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My new avatar is of my cat Cookie she is so sweet. I have another cat her feet are funny. She has 6 toes on every paw and her back feet face the wrong direction
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by melonhead; Thu, Oct 8th, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

My cat used to sleep in the bathroom sink too....when he was a lot smalller......and he also loved to be in the shower with me too!

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I'm bathing my cats this weekend (they kinda stinks for some reasons!) Random I know..but I'm bored..
    Trade & Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/85672-i...e-lqqk-canada/
    but I'm open to anything!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My cat hates having a bath

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by melonhead View Post
    My new avatar is of my cat Cookie she is so sweet. I have another cat her feet are funny. She has 6 toes on every paw and her back feet face the wrong direction
    Wow, a polydactyl! And I thought our kitten had huge back feet! Those are amazing!
    By facing the wrong direction, do you mean the side with the dew claw is on the outside, then?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes , I call them thumbs lol. If you look at the picture you can see they are on the outside of her paws. She was abandoned outside as a kitten .My husband found her while we were looking for our own lost cat. She had made her self a home under an old mans deck he told my husband if you dont take her she is gonig to the pound, and we could not see her go to the pound.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

My cats would HATE to be bathed. How do you do it???? I would have scratches up and down my arms, just like I have now from what I did last night.

That 6 paw cat is awesome!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My cats would HATE to be bathed. How do you do it???? I would have scratches up and down my arms, just like I have now from what I did last night.
    Neither Lily dog nor Quincy cat like baths, but they put up with them, cause they know that liver is coming if they`re good.

Here`s the 2 of them giving me the cold shoulder after a bath:

When I first brought Quincy in from the cold, he thought the best hiding spot was in the bathtub - if he couldn`t see out, then no one could see him. He also used to sleep in the sink. One time my parents came over & were worried cause they couldn`t find him. They`d passed by the sink about a dozen times & not noticed him. Of course, he was a 3lb ball of fluff at the time.

About a month after Quincy came to live with us (when the switch went off in his head & he decided he loved me and didn`t really want to kill me), I was taking a shower & he decided to join me. Poor boy kept losing his balance in the wet tub & couldn`t jump out - I had to pick him up & put him on the ground. Since then, he always sits in the doorway when I take a shower to keep an eye on the evil water monster. As soon as the water is turned off, I hear a loud Mee-Meow - I think he wants to know if the coast is clear.

I`ve taught both to get in the tub on command. I started with an empty tub & lots of liver. Now, they stand there, sighing loudly, while I give them their baths (dog goes first while cat watches & laughs at her). They get lots of treats for being good, but I`m sure they`d rather skip the torture session.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I've been bathing them since they were kittens. They get really uptight while in the water but they don't scratch or anything except once in the winter! I learned my lesson hard and never bath them during cold days!
    Trade & Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/85672-i...e-lqqk-canada/
    but I'm open to anything!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

That 6 paw cat is awesome!!!
    Mine doesn't scratch me, he just squats down and cries

Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information