User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Agreed that sometimes it does 'just happen'.
    For me, I was SO glad I didn't marry the first one who asked when I was 19, then again the next one when I was 25. Because then the RIGHT man came along... and when we married I was 28, had my education and some life experience under my belt, so I knew I made the right decision.
    ... and there is always hope!
    ditto

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Well, I can tell lovely stories about how I met my doggy & kitty.

I'm pretty much resigned to being a spinster. Had 2 near misses at marriage. First fellow I met at work, he was a wonderful friend, but a lousy fiance (twit was busy with another girl while I was in hospital having my appendix out). Second fellow was a nice guy, but I didn`t think it was fair to him to continue, since I preferred the company of his family to him (realized that when I turned down dinner with him to go shopping with his aunt).

Not sure I would even notice if true love came calling, I`m too busy having a fun life on my own.
    ticul likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

awwwww everybody stories where so cute! ok here is how i met my DH
    so this all happend in 2006 ok and his cousin is a good friend of mine

one of my close friends wanted to hook me up with her cousin and at the time i wasnt interested in being with anybody i was all about school and work didnt want a love life at all so she would talk to me about him and i would laugh it off and say yea i dont want to be in a relationship and all DH asked his cousin if he could add me to his msn my friend asked me and i said uuuuuuuh no a couple weeks later i got an e-mail from him wheni read his e-mail i felt different and was smileing then i pulled myself together and was like wth lol i e-mailed him sayin please dont ever e-mail me again i didnt want to add you to msn so what makes you think i want an e-mail from you later that summer we went to Turkey for a vacation apparently my friends cousin really liked my response and wanted to meet me haha so guess who shows up at our house he lived in cyprus at the time and flew over to the city we live in but thank god he did my sister introduced us in our kitchen the thing is my sister was in it as well cause my friends aunt is a close friend of my sisters and my sister really wanted me to meet him normaly im a talkative person and i dont get shy easily but when my sister introduced us i went quiet and got all red we sat down at the dinner table and was talking i had a napkin in my hands that i tore into tiny pieces thinking in my head darn i should of grabbed another napkin and he had a salt shaker that he nearly broke my sister said to me hun your always so outgoing and easy to talk to whats wrong with in front of DH and then i felt my face get redER lol we had a great time he was so sweet he decided to stay in the city we were at then on our first "date" we went out for dinner at this time we are still friends he asked if he could hold my hand and i was like NO ahahahahahahahaha see i wasnt use to the whole relationship thing he was first and i was his first we had an amazing 2 months in turkey together then i came back to calgary and he went to cyprus might i tell you long distance is hard stuff if you can pull it off then koodos to you fast forward to july2008 he moved to calgary we got married in december and this december 21st is going to be our 1 year and i have no idea what to do
    so this is how i met my DH well the very short version hehe
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was in Grade 9. I spotted my husband-to-be in the lunch-room...he was wearing a beige TerryWilliams v-neck sweater, beige slacks and those tan suede shoes all the 'cool' guys wore back then. I said to my girlfriends..."There he is. My future husband" and we all laughed. The years went on..we both dated, then in grade 11, he started dating my best friend, BUT would stop and talk to me on our front steps after he took her home. {{{snicker}}} Then she called one morning, sobbing...that he's broken up with her and could I puh-lease come over?!!! I did, secretly happy, of course, but willing to let her think I was so sorry for her.

Back at school that following Monday, 'the girls', as usual, walked down the hallways before class...sauntering by the basketball team (where my future hubby was standing, as he was on the team), and of course, they always said hi, and chatted with us, but for some reason, my future DH wouldn't even talk to me! Hah! And that went on for a couple of weeks...UNTIL....
    One day, I was alone in the hallway coming from a GAA meeting, and he was at the other far end of the hallway coming from a Student Council meeting. Aha! I thought. There's no way he can ignore me now! We're the only two people in this hallway now...he's got to acknowledge me! So.....we're walking slowly...slowly getting closer, and we're finally face-to-face, and he just walked by!!!! Nothing!!! So I slammed my armfull of books on the floor and turned around to face him, and he looked around and said, "You dropped something." Wha!!!!??!! So that was it....I went to grade 12, and he went to university.

But! Miracle of miracles....he was working for my Dad at Inco for the summer, and although we were semi-on speaking terms again, he never asked me out. And I thought...I'm not getting any younger, mister...you'd better act fast. But he didin't.
    Soooo...we were organizing a SadyHawkings dance at our school, and for those youngsters who don't know what that is...it's a girl-ask-boy dance. So...after picking up the phone and putting it down, dialing, then chickening out for a couple of weeks, I finally stayed on long enough for him to answer, and I just blurted out...."Do you want to go to our SadyHawkins dance with the boss's daughter?" and he immediately said, yes, sure...of course. OF COURSE??! Why did I have to make the first move??!!

Anyway...we went, he paid, we left the dance and got into his car and at that point it was pretty obvious to both of us that we'd be getting married one day. And the thing is...he wasn't mad at me all that year..he thought I was mad at HIM for hurting my best friend! Anyway...I told her we were going out from then on, and she laughed and said..well...it was never ME who wanted to cross the street to talk to you downtown, it was him! LOL!! Anyway...that first date for both of us felt like...oh. there you are. I was wondering when I'd find you. It so reminds me of the BareNakedLadies song where the couple find each other in their next lives...I swear he and I have been together before...!

So....4 years later, we married. And it's been 39 lovely years, that I wish could start all over again. It went by too fast.......Next year will be our 40th anniversary and we've already booked our honeymoon! Our first, actually. We spent our honeymoon in ThunderBay, lol, where he had to take his last teaching certificate course at Lakehead.
    Oh! AND, my girlfriends TO THIS DAY, remember me pointing him out in the caf and saying we'd be married.

Thanks, ladies for relating your stories, too! Aren't we such romantics??!!
    ticul and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wow Lynn49!!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Aww lynn
    It's seems straight out of a movie..i need to watch the notebook again tehehe

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Lynn your story is right out of a movie! Lovely!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trucks12trucks View Post
    Aww lynn
    It's seems straight out of a movie..i need to watch the notebook again tehehe
    Great minds think alike haha

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessandjake2005 View Post
    Yep, its true!!! Small world huh? I've met several people here on SC that have connections to people I know. Another SCer on here grew up in the same neighbourhood as me, played at the same park and we've had several mutual friends and never met until SC.
    It's funny, I met someone on here that I knew many years ago (ccmp1974). I don't remember why we were sending messages back and forth, but I happened to share where I grew up. She said, oh, I grew up there too! Turns out I knew exactly who she was, who her family is, her DH, etc. We rode to school on the same bus. What a small world!

Z

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, Ladies, for the compliments on our story...I guess I'm still a 'romantic' at heart. That's probably why I love marrying people so much! Invariably I get asked, "Do you ever think that the couple you just married aren't destined to last?"...and I always answer nope. I have faith that if they continue 'dating' and courting each other...if they leave their egos at their door-step they'll be married as long as we have.
    Ahhhh...ain't love grand?!
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

"I was wondering when I'd find you." - Lynn, that speaks volumes to me. Both my husband and I felt the same!
    And I agree that the time is going by WAY too quickly, and it feels even more precious for us because over 20 years of marriage, our bond is stronger, our love has grown deeper, and in ways we are way friskier, lol!
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i lovee this thread, here's our story:
    (has it's fair share of villians..lol)

I was veryyy young, around 15, my best friend knew his bestfriend, our best friends thought we would make a nice couple. I was totally against dating never paid much attention. Itwas July 2002, and we met for the first time at a picnic my friend and i set up for all our friends to get together (i didnt know he'd be there).

So it was love at first sight, i was a VERY VERY shy highschooler, never started ANY conversation, but that day i was the one who did all the talking. We talked alot, but stared at each other even more..lol.

Months went by we kept in contact through MSN, and he would come to my highschool in between classes, we DREADED the school bell, it meant i had to leave, he would still wait outside in the cold for my class to be over and i'd run like there no tomorrow to get to him as soon as my classes were over.

Well my parents were veryyy strict, my sisters never dated (they were 25 and 23 at that time) When they found out, i was locked in my room, our culture and religion prohibited dating. BUT... i thought i'd rather be married to someone i love then to have an arrange marriage i would dread for the rest of my life (Sure some arranged marriages are successful, but for those who find love in their partner. For me i already found my love, and no one else would ever take his place).

Well we eloped, i was only 16, we went and gathered our friends and got married through a religious ceremony (we couldnt get legally married- needed parent's consent). Our parents were furious, i returned home and they knew that we already got our religious marriage ceremony done, had LOTS of ups and downs after that, but in the end we stuck together, and went through it all. People in our community had alot of things to say about what we did and how we did it, we knew some of things were true, we rushed too much, but we were too young, and scared that our parents to rip us apart. My dad never talked to me after we got married.
    Still to this day he doesnt approve of our marriage. But my in laws welcomed me with open arms, and treat me like their own daughter. My mom loves my DH, and so do my sisters.

Its been 7 beautiful years and we have 3 daughters and another baby on the way!!

We both had to sacrifice to be with each other, going through school, was very hard i got pregnant, not to mention all the stress we had from our family during that time.

Now that we look back, and we're parents our selves, sure we made some big mistakes understanding our parents and they didnt try to understand us. And if we could do it all over again we would have waited a tad bit longer, but only now we know that our love is too strong to be broken by anyone, so waiting wouldnt have hurt us one bit.

All was a emotional roller coaster! looking back at our story we laugh and cry but that feeling we have when we hug each other or look into each other's eyes, we feel complete together, and we feel like all the sacrifices we made to be with each other did not go to waste.

When he comes home from work, i still feel the same rush i felt 7 years ago when i saw him after school.He's the most wonderful husband and dad, he loves his daughters (sometimes i think he loves them more then me lol... ) he can neverrr see me crying even if its over a movie, he knows what i'm thinking or worried about before i even tell him. For some one like him, would anyone NOT do what i did, i really feel blessed to have him and he does to have me.
    ticul and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Urouj....I just got goose-bumps reading your story!So you're 22 with 3 daughters and another on the way?! OMG.....!!! But I can truly understand that 'love at first sight' feeling...I had the same feeling when I saw my husband that day in the school lunch-room. And like you...even after 39 years, I wouldn't change a thing...we still hold hands when we walk....like two old foggies...lol...but I think that's what our daughter looked for all those years...when she found her husband, she told me early on in their relationship that she 'found someone just like Dad"....

All the best to you both (all!) throughout the coming years...I'm happy to hear your parents are so accepting, esp your Mother...stay close to her...you'll need her as you go through life.
    But don't you ever do something like that again, girlie!!
    Are you both hoping for a boy this time? ;-D

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    even after 39 years, I wouldn't change a thing...we still hold hands when we walk....like two old foggies...lol...
    This is what I think is key in any relationship...touching! I know couples who barely touch each other let alone hold hands while they walk, give each other kisses etc. I think its so important, and communication
    I fall asleep holding BFs hand...I wouldn't have it any other way
    itsjustmebub likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    "I was wondering when I'd find you." - Lynn, that speaks volumes to me. Both my husband and I felt the same!
    And I agree that the time is going by WAY too quickly, and it feels even more precious for us because over 20 years of marriage, our bond is stronger, our love has grown deeper, and in ways we are way friskier, lol!
    We're so fortunate...you, me...urouj...and others...
    Doesn't this song say it all about "knowing them when you see them again"?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wI-D...eature=related

Yes...we're very blessed indeed!

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information