User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Let's say you have two bottles of juice, both from Sunkist, both the same size, but in different flavors; therefore, different UPC codes. There is a sign on the shelf where all the juices are stating that they are all $1.99 on sale instead of the regular $3.99 price, BUT there is no UPC code stated in the signs. You take the bottles to the cashier, and they scan in at $3.99 each. You are told that you only get one bottle free and not the other because they are the same juices and the sign does not state which juices qualify even though it says "ALL FLAVORS" on it.
    I didn't want to argue with the cashier as she was quite b*tchy about the whole thing, and I wasn't sure if I am totally right.
    Should I have gotten both bottles free because they have different UPC codes, or was she right?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I would say the flavour doesn't matter, it's the same product. So one SCOP.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry, I say one SCOP too.
    Its the same product, flavour doesn't matter.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

one scop,but hey that's still pretty good.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Since the sign said all flavours and didn't specify one individual, I'd say the one SCOP

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Both Free, Different UPC Codes, Different Product. if they updated one, the other wouldn't be updated right? so different SCOP's it would be like Pepsi Products being on sale, and both diet Pepsi and reg scan wrong, they are different UPC thus both would be free.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Both. Different UPCs.

I just went thru this at Wal-Mart... went all the way to the SCOP Hotline... left a msg, a lady called me back and asked for the store # and said she would file a complaint. I went back to WM, for a second time to debate this with them... at the time they had no knowledge of the complaint (but may now as I said one was sent...)... and finally got the SCOPs I should've gotten. Mainly, in relation to your situation, I speak of the St. Ives Scrubs.. same product BUT different "flavors" (one with sysilc or whatever acid, one without)... SCOP applies to each UNIQUE UPC code... thus both were free... and futher, thus your juices should both be free.... here's my link about this hoopla at WM..

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/122129-...update-canada/
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Mon, Feb 8th, 2010 at 09:50 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree - different upc's mean 2 separate SCOPs.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

no need to call her a b****
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, Feb 10th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    I agree. Sometimes I'm afraid of some of the posters here.

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Actually, I didn't call her a b*tch as that would mean that she is a female dog, which she isn't.
    I did call her b*tchy though which means "malicious, spiteful, or overbearing" OR "in a bad mood; irritable or cranky". In this particular case, she was overbearing and rude and talked over me as if she knew better than I did.
    Thanks to the SCers who actually helped by answering my original question.
    Last edited by Junerose; Wed, Feb 10th, 2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typos!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    Actually, I didn't call her a b*tch as that would mean that she is a female dog, which she isn't.
    I did call her b*tchy though which means "malicious, spiteful, or overbearing" OR "in a bad mood; irritable or cranky". In this particular case, she was overbearing and rude and talked over me as if she knew better than I did.
    Thanks to the SCers who actually helped by answering my original question.
    haha i love your referencing!
    thanks.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

I agree that both should have been free. Different UPCs, therefore they are different products, so both should have been free.

Just yesterday my mom got 2 Febreze Noticeables kits free at Sobeys because they scanned at 8.99 and 9.99 instead of 5.99 - they were different scents and so she got both free.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

UPDATE: Safeway had sent me an email saying that it is only one free product/type of product. The different UPC codes do not matter. I then contacted the Retail Council of Canada to find out what the real deal is. Turns out that we have some very knowledgeable SC's on here

It IS different UPC codes = each first one free. They said that they will be calling Safeway to let them know that they are misinterpreting SCOP.

Got a call from a manager from Safeway's Head Office with an apology, and asked that I go into the store to get a refund and to pick up a GC as an apology for the hassle that I got.

That's all very nice of them, but it's not so much the $2 extra that I had to pay, it was the way that the cashier had treated me. I wished that they had addressed that when I initially contacted them instead of focusing just on the SCOP.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thats great they are being held to SCOP. My dd had this happen at RCSS with jello and yes she got both free because of unique upc codes. The cashier said no but dd went to CS and they said DD was right so they refunded her the money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information