• Me or a family member

86 78.90%
  • I hire an accountant

23 21.10%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

They have until Feb 28 to get T4 out.

We (by we, I actually mean me these past few years) use quicktax. I used to use a pencil and calculator until my husband showed me quicktax. It's one of the things I am greatful to my parents for. I know so many people who haven't the foggiest idea how to do their taxes. When I got my first job my mom handed me a tax package and a calculator and said "let me know if you have questions". Best life lesson ever.

I have messed up a few times using quicktax and had to pay it back, but it wasn't the program's mistake, but rather my interpretation, mostly surrounding the years I did some contract work and last year I didn't read the fine print on one northern deduction. I also like that quick tax will calculate for me how much RRSP I can buy before march 1 to maximize my return.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My mom does mine! She wants me to learn how to do mine, maybe I could do them this year....Previous years I was in university so it just wouldn't work for me to try and do them myself on top of my school work....

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i do them online. its super easy.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I've been u-filing for the past few years myself.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We use one of those computer programs and then send it electronically - there's no thinking involved, just plug in the numbers, just the way I like it

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I do both of ours, always have, since we're very basic. Last year I did my son's first one, and this year he will do it with me - 18 is just the right time to learn to do it.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

7 years ago I did an estimate on how much I would receive and it ended up I owed like 5000, instead of just getting it done I waited and waited, suddenly I had 5 years worth of taxes to do and since I knew it must be done I mailed the gov for all the forms and sat down to do my own. I couldn't believe it was so easy and my fear was silly yes I owed them for the one year and it was not close to 5000, I ended up getting a refund and my fear of taxes was gone. I had Liberty do them last year because I needed the money and I had them figured out so I knew what I was getting but this past year alot of things have changed so my dh is insisting we go to his guy at h&r because he has never made an error on his. Hmmmmm I hear alot of bad things about going there, but I have to let him win once in awhile but before we go I am going to figure everything out and if we don't come up with the same number I will want to know why. If you can wait for your refund do it yourself its really not that complicated, why pay someone else if you don't have to.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I've always done mine&DW myself.
    I have also used software but discovered that it made errors in determining who should claim what.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

DH does ours with QUICK TAX but a lot of our slips don't come until mid-end of March. Last year Scotia bank sent some in APRIL. Idiots.

We also file online now for about 10 years I think.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I have always done my own the old fashioned way, on the papers in the guide...always have gotten a rebate.

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

I have done my own forever.I also do some of my co workers as well,and a few family members.They usually give me $20 for doing it,though i dont ask.I use a pencil,and a calculator,and have had them right,to the penny every time.I also file mine through tele file,and have my refund in about 14 days.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I do mine and those of a few friends; I am in the CA program so I will never have to pay another accountant!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am a CA and I have done my own and my families and my fiancee and her families and friends for the last five years. I know taxes very well but I think that they take advantage of me hahaha. Oh well, if I can save someone else a dollar, I guess that's what the whole SmartCanucks family is all about.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

my dad buys Quick tax software so we use that to do all 4 tax returns...I used to everything with a pencil and calculator...

I think everyone should learn to do their own taxes...its like writing cheques its an experience...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hm, anyone done theirs yet? I thought for sure I would do it on the weekend, but just am procrastinating!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information