User Tag List

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Some do and some don't. One I have doesn't have any offer code or bar code. It does have a four digit PLU # though.

The other one has a Promo Coupon ID and instructs the cashier to press "coupon", F3, and to enter a promo coupon ID #.
    My gut tells me it'll be okay. Usually the PLU# are like the $10 ones they give out sometimes and those work just fine. But I can't be 100% sure.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

can you use the personalized offer for bonus points on a 20x the points day? (sorry if this question has already been asked!)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Hi everyone! I read the first page and almost all of the pages in this thread but I would love confirmation on a question. I used a spend $30 get 8000 pts and I made sure to be over ($30.29). I also used about $7 worth of coupons. The cashier said that the subtotal was under $30 so I would not get the points, so there was no point trying to use my coupon for the points. Would it have worked if she tried to use the code for the points or did I need to spend $30 after coupons? Thank you for any help!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maiyuu View Post
    Hi everyone! I read the first page and almost all of the pages in this thread but I would love confirmation on a question. I used a spend $30 get 8000 pts and I made sure to be over ($30.29). I also used about $7 worth of coupons. The cashier said that the subtotal was under $30 so I would not get the points, so there was no point trying to use my coupon for the points. Would it have worked if she tried to use the code for the points or did I need to spend $30 after coupons? Thank you for any help!

It would have worked. I tell the cashier to humour me and scan it (the computer will reject an invalid SDM coupon anyways). I usually say something to the effect of "I spoke with head office today (or yesterday) and they said it would work and to call back if it didn't" It's a small little lie. But that takes the pressure off the cashier.
    LoveCpn likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    It would have worked. I tell the cashier to humour me and scan it (the computer will reject an invalid SDM coupon anyways). I usually say something to the effect of "I spoke with head office today (or yesterday) and they said it would work and to call back if it didn't" It's a small little lie. But that takes the pressure off the cashier.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I asked the cashier but they were so adamant on it not working that I doubted myself. It wasn't the greatest feeling having someone talk down to me but I'll know now for the future. That is a really good tip! I will use it next time. thank you again!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Can I buy a 20x item multiple times in one transaction while using my points to redeem?

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugallady19 View Post
    Can I buy a 20x item multiple times in one transaction while using my points to redeem?
    Pretty sure you can't as you're not paying anything for the item, so 20 x $0 = $0....If it was a "2000 bp wub" you would get it though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

would I get 20x even if I did a redemption?

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

No, that's what I was saying above. If you're not paying anything, you get 20 x $0. Do if you're paying cash, you could buy multiple of the 20x items and get 20x the points on each of those items purchased. But if you're not paying anything....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    No, that's what I was saying above. If you're not paying anything, you get 20 x $0. Do if you're paying cash, you could buy multiple of the 20x items and get 20x the points on each of those items purchased. But if you're not paying anything....
    That's a tricky one. That's the way it used to always be. But I personally did it last year and was surprised when it worked. It's not supposed to though.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi everyone! I haven't taken advantage of the SDM promo for a while, I'm a little rusty now.

Are rain checks store specific?

Can I use it during a promo (20x and/or redemption)?

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjj3663 View Post
    Hi everyone! I haven't taken advantage of the SDM promo for a while, I'm a little rusty now.

not sure about store specific or redemptions, but I have used one during a 20x day no problem
    jjj3663 likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjj3663 View Post

I was told many moons ago that rainchecks are store specific because each store independently owned. But that may have changed. That was 5+yrs ago.

I have used rainchecks on 20x the points days and redemption days no problem. In fact I used to get rainchecks specifically for this purpose. I'd go on the last day of a sale and get rainchecks for diapers if they were out and use them later during 20x.
    jjj3663 and web3 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I received a mailout coupon for 20X points which expired today. The coupon said nothing about when the points would be added and they did not show automatically. How long does something like this take?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I received a mailout coupon for 20X points which expired today. The coupon said nothing about when the points would be added and they did not show automatically. How long does something like this take?
    Someone mentioned in another post that they conacted Shoppers about it, and it was something like November 18th that the points would be added.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information