User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My dad was a single parent of three kids (I am his youngest). So Dad always did the cooking when I was young. As we got older, my sister and I took over most of that responsibility and Dad worked. Dad is one of those people that does not use a recipe book. His motto is "the best way you know how."

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My mom did most of the cooking, she was a SAHM and so she would have supper ready for when my dad came from work. He would do the bbq on the weekends and we helped out when their was big meal happening. He always had to cook his own fish since no one else in the house liked to eat fish or the smell of fish, so we made him cook it when everyone was out.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Like most ppl on here, my mom is a SAHM and so she did all the cooking and still does. My dad did the BBQ stuffs and he helps out when it's a big dinner plan - usually for the weekend. We, children, helped whenever she needed: wash veggies, peel potatoes, etc. Now that I'm married and moved out I just come over for dinner. LOL it's great.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My dad never cooked anything...EVER. I think he would just eat Bread and Butter rather than cook. My grandmother lived with us while I grew up and took care of us kids, while my mother worked outside with the men. We learned to cook with Grandma and I am the main cook in our house. My hubby can cook but perfers not to. My two sons are excellent cooks as both their wives work outside the home and don't do much cooking except on the weekends.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

DAd didnt' start cooking til I was a teen.

Mom did it for 20 years and said now it's your turn!
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I finally figured out why we let men BBQ and yet most of them can't even identify what they are BBQing, it's so they stay out of our way while the real work gets done. LOL My DH does not BBQ though either.

That being said my dad cannot cook, never did, never BBQ'd, my mother also didn't cook so when I got fed up of being raised on sandwiches and canned soup I decided I better learn how to cook so from about 12 I have been the cook of the house.
    I know better than to use the BBQ. 1) You're better at it than I am and 2) I prefer the stove when I do cook. I'm not bad at it, but Patty is way better.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

To answer the original question, not very much, but I do remember a spaghetti sauce he made that was fantastic. My mom was a SAHM until I was about 10, then we owned a convenience store. When I was 13, my mom told the three boys either you work in the store or you can cook your own supper. This is when I learned how to cook. By that time, my dad had a stroke and definitely could not cook being partially paralyzed on one side.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jul 20th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

My dad often cooked supper if he was home from work before my mom. Often times he would burn stuff and my mom would get super pissed and go buy McDonald's. He grew up very poor and a lot of his meals were different or "creative". For example, we would eat salt on our French toast instead of maple syrup. I loved it and to this day still eat it that way. He usually did all the BBQing and other meal prepping like carving the turkey.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Both my parents cooked...though it was more often my mom in the kitchen. I was super lucky that my dad managed a pizza resturant in his late teens/early 20's so he could cook, and cook well! As kids we LOVED his sloppy joes! But he also makes a wicken lasagna & 'pas-gettie, ohhh and PIZZA! We never starved when mom was away

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

My Mom did most of the cooking even though she was working and my Dad was at home. My Father took an early layoff from work because he was really sick when I was younger so he was home all of the time. My mom would cook dinner and my Father would heat leftovers the next day for us. Although without fail I would have a tuna sandwich and Tomato soup waiting for lunch when I came home from school, so he did cook some His idea of cooking was franks and beans or potatos cooked in a fry pan with tons of butter. It really is no wonder why he died of a massive heart attack when I was only 8!

My Mother however was a great cook and still is.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

if you can bbq it or put it in the frying pan my dad can make it otherwise no...when my mom is in the hospital I usually cook or when I was younger we would get KFC because dad cant cook LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

my dad NEVER cooked, my hubby NEVER cooks.
    bah! ;p
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My dad was a single parent of three kids (I am his youngest). So Dad always did the cooking when I was young. As we got older, my sister and I took over most of that responsibility and Dad worked. Dad is one of those people that does not use a recipe book. His motto is "the best way you know how."

Same here, my dad was a single parent of 3 kids. His cooking was wonderful! He made the best fusion dishes - without a recipe, though -just "some", "a little", "to taste", "whatever you think" when it came to asking for recipes!
    We didn't have a BBQ. And dessert was always store-bought -as a kid, I was lucky that my dad has a sweet tooth.

Now that he's remarried, my stepmom and him share the cooking and I always look forward to going home for the holidays to eat their yummy food!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My mom worked afternoons mostly so my dad cooked for us a lot, although we did have a lot of take out nights haha. I also learned to cook at a really young age.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Apr 5th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information