User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

What is the plant in picture #3 by the stumps? (love the mushrooms!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I love those mushrooms too! I had a guy in Vermont carve them for me. He did totem poles and other kinds of log artwork all with only a chainsaw! They are from cedar and are almost 20 years old.

The flowers in front are just perennial shasta daisies(I'm forgetting all my latin terms, LOL) they grow like weeds and soon they will tower over the tree stumps. The big hole in the tallest tree stump was caused by me spraying wasp killer 2 years ago to get rid of the 1 million wasps that built a nest in there. The stump literally fell apart and the nest was so huge and scary.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Patty you have a beautiful yard , well organized and everything , I <3 the mushrooms too , I put in a Shasta Daisy last fall and was expecting a bumper crop this summer but so far I see a few leaves poking thru ', hope it'll take off soon.
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tidytaurus View Post
    Patty your yard is so beautiful, I am so jealous. So thats what baby hostas look like I had no clue, I bought some hosta seeds and am trying to sprout some for beside my house because its so shady nothing grows there. Any ideas how to get rid of aphids they destroyed the leaves on my trees last year and I want to be prepared this year just in case.

For Aphids the best thing is a blast of water if you have one those jet spray attachments for your hose, some years they are all over the place , haven't spotted them yet this year .

@Jays , I should give orchids a shot then ....

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

[QUOTE=donnaG;2121147]For Aphids the best thing is a blast of water if you have one those jet spray attachments for your hose, some years they are all over the place , haven't spotted them yet this year .

Thanks I sprayed them a few times last year with dish soap in power washer and it was so gross but I noticed them in early summer and they had already destroyed the leaves so this year I am checking trees every day so far nothing but I will be ready so no dish soap just water I can do that.
    I am horrible with plants. LOL. My neighbor gave me some wild orchids last week and seem to be growing but I think I messed up again I threw a bunch of wildflower mix onto my flower bed and now I have hundreds of new seedlings coming up and I can't weed the flower bed until they get big enough to distinguish flower or weed. Grrr I had just sifted the entire bed because it was overrun with weeds. Is there a website that shows what flowers look like when they are just sprouting??

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

That is amazing! I want some! Road trip!

Ok so why do shasta daisies not grow for me? I have planted them a few years and they never come back! I started some from seed this year ans am still waiting for them to germinate...???

Stump looks cool...I love natural elements in gardens....

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I love those mushrooms too! I had a guy in Vermont carve them for me. He did totem poles and other kinds of log artwork all with only a chainsaw! They are from cedar and are almost 20 years old.

The flowers in front are just perennial shasta daisies(I'm forgetting all my latin terms, LOL) they grow like weeds and soon they will tower over the tree stumps. The big hole in the tallest tree stump was caused by me spraying wasp killer 2 years ago to get rid of the 1 million wasps that built a nest in there. The stump literally fell apart and the nest was so huge and scary.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donnaG View Post
    For Aphids the best thing is a blast of water if you have one those jet spray attachments for your hose, some years they are all over the place , haven't spotted them yet this year .

@Jays , I should give orchids a shot then ....
    You should Donna... the phalanopsis ones are quite inexpensive now, you can even get them in zellers and that 'w' place now But i prefer to buy mine at Terra, i love that place, it's my second home in the summertime

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

[/QUOTE]Thanks I sprayed them a few times last year with dish soap in power washer and it was so gross but I noticed them in early summer and they had already destroyed the leaves so this year I am checking trees every day so far nothing but I will be ready so no dish soap just water I can do that.
    I am horrible with plants. LOL. My neighbor gave me some wild orchids last week and seem to be growing but I think I messed up again I threw a bunch of wildflower mix onto my flower bed and now I have hundreds of new seedlings coming up and I can't weed the flower bed until they get big enough to distinguish flower or weed. Grrr I had just sifted the entire bed because it was overrun with weeds. Is there a website that shows what flowers look like when they are just sprouting??[/QUOTE]

If you have roses watch them closely , that's what aphids would attack first, ladybugs are ntural predators of aphids , so if you see any , gently catch them and drop them on aphid infested plants.
    As for the seedlings , what weeds did you have , dandelions, clover , you'd know what they look like by now , any self respecting proper plant when a seedling would have have 2 start up leaves and then the regular leaves would start to show up , unlike weeds.

go to this link and explore a little and you'll know the difference , or post some pics. here , hope this helps...happy gardening

http://www.google.ca/images?q=seedli...N&hl=en&tab=wi

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    That is amazing! I want some! Road trip!

Ok so why do shasta daisies not grow for me? I have planted them a few years and they never come back! I started some from seed this year ans am still waiting for them to germinate...???

Stump looks cool...I love natural elements in gardens....
    OMG, i bought a shasta daisy last summer in a gallon container, this year it came back with a vengeance.. i bet i'd have trouble getting that sucker into a 5 gallon container

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Thanks Lynn... you won't believe me if i told you... the plant is a baby from one that my dh gave me.. the original croaked, but i managed to save the little one before he went down with the sinking ship.... i replanted it and just left it alone, watering when it dried out... i was happy enough to see that it was growing new roots, but imagine my surprise when it brought a flower stalk.. the first few flower buds never did open, but the last one seems to be doing very well, as you can see in the photo... there is one more tiny little bud growing, i wonder if it will amount to anything... i have several other orchids, all different I'll dig out the pics one of these days and post them
    Jays, I would love to see them. I'll take pics of our other lilies when they're in full bloom, too. My BFF has an orchid and I admire it from afar..

Tidytaurus, a nice easy indoor plant is a Pothos is you want something that climbs or droops over an edge of a shelf....

But my favourite has to be a Schefflera plant....they thrive on neglect (I've neglected to water it for weeks and it still had babies!)....It's "survival of the fittest" as far as plants go in our home and this one is the best one of all:

I bought a little sprout of it in a 4" pot about 3 years ago, and it grew to 5' tall so I gave it away last week to a friend. You're going to love watching this thing grow!

Patty, lovely yard and trmmings! It reminds me of out home that the kids bought from us....I really miss it, esp the pond and waterfall my hubby built for me (which is now under grass! Grr)...I'm sure you and your family get lots of use out of it!!!! It's gorgeous!

Oh, here comes the thunder again...!! What a nice relief from the heat for people!! It's like living in Camelot!! Hot all day, and a nice rain at night!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

@Jays, I'm so jealous of your Daisy ....look at my avi for a hint...lol! No, seriously I would have to buy another one this year if that one bites the dust

@Lynn , that is one die hard plant , which is commonly known as "umbrella plant" , i threw mine out without a pot , coz' I needed the pot , and the thing survived , I had to give in , bring it back in and repot it, and its doing fine , I think what is sold in stores as lucky "Money tree " with braided stems is this same plant.

Spider plants are also very easy to take care of plants for indoor use and purify the air, and their babies are soooo cute

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donnaG View Post
    @Jays, I'm so jealous of your Daisy ....look at my avi for a hint...lol! No, seriously I would have to buy another one this year if that one bites the dust

@Lynn , that is one die hard plant , which is commonly known as "umbrella plant" , i threw mine out without a pot , coz' I needed the pot , and the thing survived , I had to give in , bring it back in and repot it, and its doing fine , I think what is sold in stores as lucky "Money tree " with braided stems is this same plant.

Spider plants are also very easy to take care of plants for indoor use and purify the air, and their babies are soooo cute
    Donna, if my shasta keeps up, i'll have to split it next spring and give you half!

And i used to have one of those umbrella trees too... LMAO at you rescuing yours, cute story

i use a spider plant in my big iron urn that i have on the top step... by the time 1/2 the summer is over, it's filled in nicely and has lots of babies on it... i rescue one or two of the babies and i start all over again the next year with the urn

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Donna, if my shasta keeps up, i'll have to split it next spring and give you half!

And i used to have one of those umbrella trees too... LMAO at you rescuing yours, cute story

i use a spider plant in my big iron urn that i have on the top step... by the time 1/2 the summer is over, it's filled in nicely and has lots of babies on it... i rescue one or two of the babies and i start all over again the next year with the urn
    you only rescue the babies?? what happens to the mother plant??
    i have a cute lil spider plant, seems to be the only thing that can grow in this small apt
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The first lemon on my lemon tree plant fell yesterday for this summer. I wanted to take a pic of it before it fell, but I kept procrastinating and now it dropped. But I will post a pic of the lemon later on here.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

here is a quick pic of the lemon

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information