User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The potato discussion got to talking about heart-attack-on-a-plate foods (like the potatoes fried in bacon fat that I make when we're camping!).

What horribly unhealthy foods have YOU eaten?

When I was in my teens, I had jaw surgery and was supposed to have it wired shut for six weeks (got them off early, because I thought I was going to be sick, which would have been a bit tricky with your mouth wired shut. Good thing they came off, because shortly after that I DID get sick).

Now I LOVE food, and strained soup and milkshakes were all I could have! I lost a lot of weight, and really don't enjoy milkshakes as much since then.

I remember one night Mom made a roast beef and fresh homemade rolls. It literally made me cry. I SO wanted something delicious, but my choices were strained soup or Ensure. But I got a bit of satisfaction by eating...gravy. We strained some gravy and thinned it out enough so I could suck it through a straw! Sounds disgusting, but in my food-deprived state it was ambrosia!

Z
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hmm i guess my favourite bad food is poutine lol.. not very healthy but I don't eat it very often. oh and sometimes for work i will make a bacon sandwhich it makes me look forward to lunch lol and makes the daya whole lot better... all 12 hours of it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

lol i just thought about when i was 12 and i got my tonsils out... i didn't like just eating ice cream and popcicles and I have always hated jello... something about the texture so I went home the next day since they made me stay all night and made deep-fried spicy curley fries... wasn't so good for my throat but it made me happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

As a kid my mum used to make full english breakfasts, complete with Fried Bread. Basically bread fried in bacon grease. I shudder at the thought of eating it now since I'm a vegetarian but it was a tasty treat. Not shocking that heart problems run in my family.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

When we were kids my Dad ( who never cooked ) use to make us his famous Bulls eye sandwhich and we loved it. "Thickly" butter 2 slices of bread. Cut a hole in the middle and place bread in frying pan. Break an egg into the hole. Cook, Flip over, Cook plus cook the pieces you took out. Served with lots of Ketchup. We would get 2 each .Dad is gone now but when ever I cook this it brings back great memories. This recipe ( though maybe not the healthiest with all the fat ) has been passed down.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

we have always eaten crackers buttered with cheese on top... it's so good! I still do it but not very often

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    As a kid my mum used to make full english breakfasts, complete with Fried Bread. Basically bread fried in bacon grease. I shudder at the thought of eating it now since I'm a vegetarian but it was a tasty treat. Not shocking that heart problems run in my family.

As well as the bacon butties....the sausage and branston pickle sarnies.....oh my favourite - chip butties(Yumm)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    When we were kids my Dad ( who never cooked ) use to make us his famous Bulls eye sandwhich and we loved it. "Thickly" butter 2 slices of bread. Cut a hole in the middle and place bread in frying pan. Break an egg into the hole. Cook, Flip over, Cook plus cook the pieces you took out.

This is one of the few things my ds can cook...if he has to...and if there are real eggs in the house

Quote Originally Posted by dawn_sweety View Post
    we have always eaten crackers buttered with cheese on top... it's so good! I still do it but not very often
    I grew up doing this too..though i have kinda grown out of it now

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    When we were kids my Dad ( who never cooked ) use to make us his famous Bulls eye sandwhich and we loved it. "Thickly" butter 2 slices of bread. Cut a hole in the middle and place bread in frying pan. Break an egg into the hole. Cook, Flip over, Cook plus cook the pieces you took out. Served with lots of Ketchup. We would get 2 each .Dad is gone now but when ever I cook this it brings back great memories. This recipe ( though maybe not the healthiest with all the fat ) has been passed down.
    When I was growing up, this dish was known as an egg in a nest. I still make that on occassion, it doesn't have to be that bad for you if you don't use a pound of butter.

I eat a LOT of eggs, I simply enjoy them and find them to be a filling food to have for breakfast or hardboiled as a snack in my lunch. They're not thought to have much of an impact on cholesterol these days. I've had mine checked several times over the last few years, and it's fabulous despite my egg-a-day habit.

Z

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

We used to eat the pork rind when grandma cooked a HUGE pig. The pure fat turned crispy on the outside but still had soft butter fat underneath! Mmmmmmmmmm I miss that

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

when we were kids, it was a treat to have a raw hamburger meatball with salt and pepper on it....I would NEVER dream of doing that these days, way to many cases of e-coli or chance of becoming ill...

We used to eat raw hotdogs too right out of the package...now, no way, ewww!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    We used to eat the pork rind when grandma cooked a HUGE pig. The pure fat turned crispy on the outside but still had soft butter fat underneath! Mmmmmmmmmm I miss that
    **sigh** I STILL like to eat that...yummy!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

herm....lemme think...I'd say Chinese food. All that battered and deep fried stuff and sauced up noodles and heaps of plum sauce, red sauce. I don't eat it often but when i do I feel like this:

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dawn_sweety View Post
    lol i just thought about when i was 12 and i got my tonsils out... i didn't like just eating ice cream and popcicles and I have always hated jello... something about the texture so I went home the next day since they made me stay all night and made deep-fried spicy curley fries... wasn't so good for my throat but it made me happy
    I remember my Mum telling me about my sister... she had just had her tonsils out... and then ate some walnuts.... which made her mouth bleed... so she had to go back to the hospital!!

I loved eating ice cream and jello when I had mine out!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    when we were kids, it was a treat to have a raw hamburger meatball with salt and pepper on it....I would NEVER dream of doing that these days, way to many cases of e-coli or chance of becoming ill...

We used to eat raw hotdogs too right out of the package...now, no way, ewww!
    I loved to eat cold hot dogs straight out of the packet too!!! and bacon!!( the stuff in Australia is alot nicer than the bacon over here... IMO... dont wanna get flamed for that comment lol)
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, aussie, my husband still eats raw bacon with lots of onion - I can't even watch, it grosses me out so bad...

As for answering the question - gosh, what bad for me foods I have eaten - well, pretty much everything, it seems - especially growing up WAY too much food was fried. Sure don't do that much anymore...

Most calorific indulgence is probably Chinese food - DF shrimp and everything else fried and salty - gah, but it's good once in a while!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information