User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Low

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So I've been feeling quite low the past few days. Hubby is gone away for 2 months with work. I'm into week 2, and I've been handling that ok. I have a great circle of friends close by who keep me busy. But I've just been feeling so low. Long story short....DH is military. We are from NL and I've been desperately homesick since I moved away 5 years ago. DH says we will go home, but the plans never seem to come though. On top of that, I'm working in a miserable job which I really hate. Thinking about going there each day actually makes me want to cry. But I won't quit because the more money we put away, the sooner we can go home. It's a viscous cycle. It's been 5 years of, we'll move home soon....we just have the wait for the right time. And as some of you know, we lost of cat Scooby a month ago very unexpectedly, so I'm still having some very hard moments with that.

I'm starting to crash and indulging in a huge pity party the past few days, hence my post here. SC and the people here always cheer me up, so I just wanted to post and share my woes, hoping I'll start to pull myself out of it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Awww hugs for you! I feel for you...it really sucks to hate your job and have to go everyday (I know!) and to miss home on top of that! Keep your chin up Wimbly and keep working towards your goal. Talking about how you feel is important...thanks for sharing

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lmack30 View Post
    Awww hugs for you! I feel for you...it really sucks to hate your job and have to go everyday (I know!) and to miss home on top of that! Keep your chin up Wimbly and keep working towards your goal. Talking about how you feel is important...thanks for sharing
    Thanks I figured Bi*&%ing about it here may help release some of the stress. I told DH last night that I sit at work and I honesty feel like I'm just wasting my life sitting there. It's a horrible feeling and to feel like your stuck at that job right now feels even worse.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I know how you feel...I went through the same thing a few months back. I was faced with going back to work when our youngest son was only 2 months...so hard! I cried everyday and finally we decided to make some lifestyle changes that would allow me to stay home with the kids. In order to make up that money I now babysit two kids full-time. Can be crazy at times but I am just happy to be home

Hang in there

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch Wimbly. If you ever want to chat, you can always PM me.

I hope things get better for you soon! *big hugs*

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I know how you feel. My bf was away for a month not to long ago and it drove me crazy. We havent been apart for more than a couple nights in 4 years.

Theres nothing to you can do keep busy. The more you do, the less you'll have time to think about him. Nights are the worst tho, personally I cant give you any advice there cause no matter what I did nights always sucked.

Keep your head high!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Hugs Wimbly!
    I know how it is to go to a job you hate...I used to cry every morning on the bus before work so one day I couldnt take it anymore and got off at a random stop and faxed my resignation letter in that I had written only a few min before haha Best desicion of my life...no jobis worth the stress and your well being. Have you started looking for something else?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wimbly I'm really sorry to hear this. I too know how you feel about the job thing. I literally get panic attacks when I think about my job. I will join your pity party, should I bring something? Junk food is great for pity parties.
    Really though, I can't imagine how hard this is for you and I truly hope things turn around for you so that you are able to go back home. Could you maybe take some time off to visit for a month while he's gone? Maybe you'll feel better. If it's a crappy job, then it doesn't matter what you risk just to get some peace in life.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope you see that light at the end of the tunnel soon. It must be sad to live so far from your family and your home. Add to that a crappy job and a DH working out of town and it is no wonder you are feeling down. Just keep your goal in front of you and keep busy and you will get through this rough patch. Take care.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time right now.

Things may seem bleak now, but there's always a rainbow after the rain. Just hang in there, things will get better.

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

You guys are wonderful! I'm still feeling pretty down this evening. I have been looking for something else, but nothing has come up And I can't take any time off because I used all my leave for a family vacation back in May....maybe something will come up.

On another note, a lost kitty showed up on my patio tonight. I don't know what to do with her, I've checked online and I can't find anyone looking for her. She was hungry so I fed her. She's sitting on my patio now, staring in through the window. But she hisses at my dog and my cat growls at her, so I'm afraid to let her in...
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I once had to introduce a new kittie to 2 other cats - I put the new one under a laundry basket until they could "sniff" each other and get used to each other. Do you believe in fate or wishes? You need something to keep you busy, right? Make sure s/he has it's own litter, though. You could look at Sally's "I need a name" thread to find a name for her/him. Or not. Up to you - what do you FEEL like doing?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I once had to introduce a new kittie to 2 other cats - I put the new one under a laundry basket until they could "sniff" each other and get used to each other. Do you believe in fate or wishes? You need something to keep you busy, right? Make sure s/he has it's own litter, though. You could look at Sally's "I need a name" thread to find a name for her/him. Or not. Up to you - what do you FEEL like doing?
    I was just going to say fate! And especially since the kitty is is waiting even after you feed her/him. Ohhh I think it was meant to be!
    Avon has a great idea about the basket and letting your other pets get used to it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think we all need to "pity party" once and a while. Have a good cry, punch a few strangers, maybe kick the cat. Seriously though let it all out, talk about it to yourself too. Women are so good at rationalizing things in our heads. How many times have we talked ourselves out of killing someone once we have our little "in our head" conversations. A sense of humor helps too. If you can't laugh, you can't live.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hope you start feeling better about things soon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information