User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Wondering out loud...LOL

After your baby's birth, did you gift your doctor anything? I didn't give anything to the doctor I had with DS#1 because I had so many lingering doubts and questions after his birth that didn't get answered. With DS#2, I REALLY like this doctor, from the first meeting she has been awesome. More doctors should be like her. I'd marry her if I could. LOL I am debating sending her a gift and wondering what others have done.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I like your comments! No, didn't get the doc anything - it's just not something which is done where I was. He was amazing - I was a high-risk pregnancy and he took me on half-way through since I had moved - and it was an emergency c-section at the end of it all...

But I know with my OB/GYN now, when I was in her office a few years ago I noticed a painting on the wall, and I knew who the artist was, and mentioned how lucky she was to have one of his works (worth thousands of $) - and she explained it was from a couple, she had delivered their baby after years of infertility. So maybe it's a big-city thing (like where we are now, but weren't before?) - or ?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've never heard of giving the doc a gift, it never even occurred to me actually.

Did you happen to have Dr. Poirier?

Z

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I did think about it but I never gave my doctor a gift. Maybe I should of because she was great.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

i wouldn't give either of the dr.s who i dealt with during my pregnancy or birth, mainly b.c they sucked...

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Both my dr's were amazing during DS' birth (yes, 2 because one of them was an intern). I didn't give them gifts, however I thought about sending flowers to the nursing staff as they were all marvelous (except for the crotchety old nurse who told me I was not doing a very good job at breastfeeding and that everybody should be able to get it...grr...).

Mind you, if I would have given gifts to my dr's, the intern would have gotten my phone # because he was very, VERY, good looking! lol...j/k, I'm married...

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think if your doctor was great then why not

LOL nadia "j/k, I'm married...".

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

We didn't get the doc anything although we did the nurse (who was absolutely AMAZING) a small something. She had us the whole way through from beginning of labour to delivery. My husband manages a local restaurant and we were talking about it. The nurse mentioned that she absolutely loved one particular thing on the menu. Once we were all settled in after the birth, my hubby ran out to the resturant and picked her up one and dropped it off just in time for her dinner break Nothing huge but something to say thank you.
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

We didn't get our doc anything (honestly didn't occur to me), but we did get the nurses (the ones whe were with me during labour and the post-partum nurses) some cookies from Cookies by George after DD was born. I was in labour 77hrs and then in the hospital 3 days after that, so we got to know a lot of the nurses -lol!
    2011 Coupons Used: $374.00
    2010 Coupons Used: $2142.00

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i dont know if this counts but we gave him some pics of ds. (he has a baby board in his office). we went back to his office and gave an updated pic when ds was getting a one year checkup by our family doctor. (both doctors are n the same building)
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I've never heard of giving the doc a gift, it never even occurred to me actually.

Did you happen to have Dr. Poirier?

Z
    I've never heard of Poirier. I had Dr. Howard, as an OB and for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    Mind you, if I would have given gifts to my dr's, the intern would have gotten my phone # because he was very, VERY, good looking! lol...j/k, I'm married...
    The anesthesiologist I had this time was SO dreamy. There I was, getting my epidural and that's all I could think of: Doc McDreamy does indeed belong on Grey's Anatomy and should he really be here putting a needle in my spine?! That aside, the epidural crapped out on me - I progressed too fast and got zero benefit out of it - through no fault of his own I didn't think he was too dreamy after that.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

it never occured to me to give my doc a gift either so no,lol. i feel like a jerk now,maybe it would have been a good idea.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I've never heard of Poirier. I had Dr. Howard, as an OB and for delivery.

The anesthesiologist I had this time was SO dreamy. There I was, getting my epidural and that's all I could think of: Doc McDreamy does indeed belong on Grey's Anatomy and should he really be here putting a needle in my spine?! That aside, the epidural crapped out on me - I progressed too fast and got zero benefit out of it - through no fault of his own I didn't think he was too dreamy after that.
    Hehehe, yeah, the last thing I wanted was for this really good looking doctor to be seeing my nether-regions at such an awkward time!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No I didnt get them anything, but I did send my OB a picture of Zach when he was born since he couldnt be there

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

We didn't get an actual gift for our OB/GYN either but we did give her a Thank You card with DD's picture at our follow up appointment. She's was amazing!!!

I was in the hospital for just over a week, so DH brought timbits, muffins, box of chocolate, etc for the nursing staff throughout the week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information