User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Call me paranoid but I would never ever give them information on how we "do things"; especially to management because they will find a way to cover all loop holes. Just my 2 cents.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slick_canuck View Post
    Are you MrsSmith?
    No I am not , but I know her and she is on this board! You can check out her website if you want to message her though.

http://www.mrssmithextremeshopper.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slick_canuck View Post
    Call me paranoid but I would never ever give them information on how we "do things"; especially to management because they will find a way to cover all loop holes. Just my 2 cents.
    Either that or he has realized the value in what we do! Imagine this...my friend and I NEVER shopped at LD EVER it was too expensive. Now primarily all our extra shopping money is spent there! This is revenue they never had and even if we only went when we had free items (which we do not) they still get our tax and they get the coupons which the manufacturer pays them to accept! Times this by the amount of people who are in the same boat and its some pretty coin they were not getting before.

This ups their sales lines and makes their store look like a super seller! The coupon policy for LD says that the PM of 1 item is reviewable by the manager. I often don't have a problem if I go when the "good" CS agents are there.

Now if a whole store has been trained by the manager as to how to treat couponers as VIP's instead of bottom feeders (you know we have all had that kind of experience at least once) then he is going to get boat loads of couponers coming to the store! We all talk up a storm about the people we have bad and great experiences with right!!

its pretty smart if you think about it!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine88 View Post
    I'm not really sure how to put this into words, but I was at the LD price matching this morning and the manager, Robert B. came up to me when I was pricematching and said to me "so you've taken the class eh?", and I'm like "what class?", and hes like "you know that class that someone teaches about price matching and couponing and stuff", and I'm like "well its more of a forum that you read from and learn, and then attempt to replicate, but its not really a class"..so as I was about to leave the comes back up to me and says "well, get all your friends to come in here and talk to me so that I can better accommodate you guys with sales by ordering extra stock and having you guys come buy it here instead!"

**the part that really confuses me is that the girl ringing me in wouldn't allow me to price match more than one of each item, so maybe he meant store sales, and maybe getting us to call him about which coupons we have for the upcoming LD sale so he can order extra stock for us to spend our coupons on?..thats sorta what i interpretted it to be, but by all means, if anyone happens to give him a call and pass along the message, let him know a SMART CANUCK'ER talked to you recently and passed along the message. He said he would try and get some cards ready for us (I guess to notify him of our coupons?). basically he wanted me to bring all the local SC'ers to shop there..

***sorry, I just really wanted to get outta there, cuz the lady ringing me in didn't seem to like that I had a stack of flyers from other stores that I was PMing, even though I was prepared and organized and had all my coupons and money out before hand. Maybe she just long due for a smoke break, because I ended up seeing her outside smoking after..(hmmmm, coupons must really stress her out!)

i hope this all makes sense..but if anyone calls, or visits the store (Lougheed LD) and clarifies what he wanted, let me know!
    He stopped someone else I know and what he wants is for all the couponers to shop at his store!

He will waive the 1 item only PM rule and all he asks is that if you are going to go and buy 4 or 5 or 10 of an item, is that you call ahead of time and let him know and he will special order the items for you (takes a few days). If regulars let him know what new coupons came out and what he was going to get a rush on (ie right now venus razors, secret deoderant, olay bw, and skintimate shave gel to name a few) he would ensure there was extra stock!

Not a bad idea, worth going a bit out of your way to ensure you get what you were actually looking for! Nice to have someone who is willing and happy to special order you 5 cases of diapers and wipes so that you dont wipe out the shelf for someone else and you still get what you want and you just have to wait a few days!

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tarawshopper View Post
    He stopped someone else I know and what he wants is for all the couponers to shop at his store!

He will waive the 1 item only PM rule and all he asks is that if you are going to go and buy 4 or 5 or 10 of an item, is that you call ahead of time and let him know and he will special order the items for you (takes a few days). If regulars let him know what new coupons came out and what he was going to get a rush on (ie right now venus razors, secret deoderant, olay bw, and skintimate shave gel to name a few) he would ensure there was extra stock!

Not a bad idea, worth going a bit out of your way to ensure you get what you were actually looking for! Nice to have someone who is willing and happy to special order you 5 cases of diapers and wipes so that you dont wipe out the shelf for someone else and you still get what you want and you just have to wait a few days!

If he is going to wave the 1 PM rule then that is awesome! It's nice to have a manager who actually wants people to come in and shop with coupons. I usually do smaller trips but have seen others with cart loads of the same items, so calling in before hand is a great idea for everyone.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thats awesome.........saves me a trip across the bridge!!
    gone shopping!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa13 View Post
    If he is going to wave the 1 PM rule then that is awesome! It's nice to have a manager who actually wants people to come in and shop with coupons. I usually do smaller trips but have seen others with cart loads of the same items, so calling in before hand is a great idea for everyone.
    Exactly, I hate nothing more than going to get a great coupon deal only to find the shelves bare and watching someone with 15 of them in the cart! I never EVER take more than 2 or 3 of something without calling a special order in and I rarely ever clean out the shelf!

Its just a respect thing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tarawshopper View Post
    Either that or he has realized the value in what we do! Imagine this...my friend and I NEVER shopped at LD EVER it was too expensive. Now primarily all our extra shopping money is spent there! This is revenue they never had and even if we only went when we had free items (which we do not) they still get our tax and they get the coupons which the manufacturer pays them to accept! Times this by the amount of people who are in the same boat and its some pretty coin they were not getting before.

This ups their sales lines and makes their store look like a super seller! The coupon policy for LD says that the PM of 1 item is reviewable by the manager. I often don't have a problem if I go when the "good" CS agents are there.

Now if a whole store has been trained by the manager as to how to treat couponers as VIP's instead of bottom feeders (you know we have all had that kind of experience at least once) then he is going to get boat loads of couponers coming to the store! We all talk up a storm about the people we have bad and great experiences with right!!

its pretty smart if you think about it!

they don't get our tax; they just collect it & forward it on to the provincial & federal government (just like any other retailer is legally required to do.)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Okay went and did my first shop at the lougheed LD...SO GOOD! I can't say enough good things about them.

Go check out my blog about it http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/156364-...a/#post2468326

Then head on over or give them a call to place your order for your bajillion diapers, wipes, venus razors and olay B/W!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

He is an old school friend of mine and is an all around great guy. He and his wife use coupons too so he is honestly saying he would like the business. It all goes towards his sales and ultimately makes him look better and us happy too.

He just wants to know what items to stock up on so he can offer more product to more customers. As it stands now, couponers come in and buy multiple items and then there isn't much left for other regular customers who are just in for the sale. But he is truly a good guy and would do anything he can to help us be happy.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Boy, am I ever glad I read this thread. Thank you soooo much for posting this lady's link to learn. I will be learning it online. I really appreciate it!!
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I just met Robert for the first time the other day. He was SOO great and accommodating, had a nice conversation with my BF and I about coupons and even took the time to explain to an older gentlemen who had just purchased some pop that if he bought 2 he could apply the manufacturer coupon they had on the pads out front, and offered to return the purchase and ring it up with the coupon to make it a better deal. The gentleman and lady at CS had no problem PMing more than 1 item for me, but I only PM'ed 2 different items, with 2 and 4 of each.

I was definitely blown away by the customer service and recommend this location to the lower mainland stackers in the area!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What 1 item PM limit? with the Campbells soup they were the only LD to let me do 14 at a time so my coupons would stack with 2 cents over. I use 4 different LD, Lougheed is a great one! never an issue.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

This is hilarious! I never knew of such a class. But i think it's so nice for manager to support that - both for ease of shoppers but for his store too. it's a win win situation!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So glad to read this...since I tried to stack coupons at LD in Vancouver today and was rejected, Lougheed is quite far from me but as long as I can use my coupons from p&G that I got today I would be soooo happy...when is a good day and time to catch him there?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information