User Tag List

Page 1215 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 215 715 1115 1165 1205 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1225 1265 1315 1715 2215 ... LastLast
Results 18,211 to 18,225 of 38027
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone I is feeling better...Havign probs witha pic for you all but working on it....

Rebel your linky aint working for contest for me, homepage.....UGH.
    Last edited by Aphena; Thu, Nov 27th, 2008 at 11:12 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/signaturepics/sigpic24297_2.gif
    http://pureromance.com/index.aspx?cnsltID=36112

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

GOT IT!!!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/signaturepics/sigpic24297_2.gif
    http://pureromance.com/index.aspx?cnsltID=36112

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

glad to see ya aph. I had a thanksgiving meal fit for a king!! IT was great. I didnt have room left for chocolate pie though. UGH. Danielles mom is a great chef. We had a great day and got to meet danielles brother and sil. They are all nice. Danielles dad told Nanny even if jake and dani dont get married he wants to keep jake roflmao.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whew! It took me forever to get through like 36 hours worth of posts! LOL
    I don't have the energy to write anything tonight, but it was very fun. The kids had a great time, and it was a shame we had to come home early today, but DH had to work. We didn't sleep so well though, littlest one HATED not being in her own crib. She cried half the night. DH ended up sleeping on the FLOOR with her, when we had giant cushy beds. He was so sad... lol

Wiki is updated, and now I'm going to bed. Very sleepy!

Hugs and lurv to all... will post more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    Honestly we have been wondering if she was OC, you cannot move anything in her room, main reason I dont go in there, is if it is moved even half an inch, even a cm, she notices and freaks, it has to be exactly where she had it. We have been trying to get her to go through her stuff to get rid of some things and she cant, freaks out, breaks down, says she cant move anything from her room it has to stay where it belongs. Dolls belong in their place, bed spread, everything. I was going to talk to doc. thats why I started the rule they put their own laundry away, as she freaked out if I didnt put her clothes int he exact spot they were to go, not that i knew which shirt went in which spot.
    A bit ago we had tried to get her to change direction of bed, and she couldt, completely broke down, said she just couldn't.

We are getting her to put some toys together in a separate place so the kids can play with those and she hopefully wont be upset, she 's not lacking in the toy department, so hopefully that helps next time
    Oh Haun, I just had to reply to this one very quickly. That is JUST like me, at all ages. I am very OCD, and it has taken me many years to overcome it even a little bit. I was pretty well forced to overcome it at least a bit when I had kids, but before that I had a hard time living with anyone (family, roommates) who would touch my stuff at all.
    It is much better now, it just takes time and effort to overcome those feelings. I would avoid medications of all kinds, unless it is totally out of control. The meds for OCD are terrible!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree about no meds lolcat. I just tried to teach jake its okay for things to change and he can deal with it. He goes totally nuts if he dont have school. So for past two summers he has had a summer job with cherokee nation so that he has a routine. I really have a fear of him becoming a workaholic with his oc behaviors.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lolcat View Post

Oh Haun, I just had to reply to this one very quickly. That is JUST like me, at all ages. I am very OCD, and it has taken me many years to overcome it even a little bit. I was pretty well forced to overcome it at least a bit when I had kids, but before that I had a hard time living with anyone (family, roommates) who would touch my stuff at all.
    It is much better now, it just takes time and effort to overcome those feelings. I would avoid medications of all kinds, unless it is totally out of control. The meds for OCD are terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by seekthetruth View Post
    I agree about no meds lolcat. I just tried to teach jake its okay for things to change and he can deal with it. He goes totally nuts if he dont have school. So for past two summers he has had a summer job with cherokee nation so that he has a routine. I really have a fear of him becoming a workaholic with his oc behaviors.
    I used to be really against meds until i tried everything else - i cant even function without mine - had to do homeschooling when i was 13-15 because of agoraphobia and panic attacks. Many therapists, relaxation training, cognitive behavioural therapy and even a hypnotherapist could only help so much. When i was 18 i made the decision to go on meds and my whole life changed.. i was able to go to school and feel a bit 'normal'.

Since she's a child i'd definitely put off giving her meds unless its absolutely necessary, but i wouldnt rule it out completely. I remember working in the public schools with kids that had *severe* ADHD whose parents would refuse to medicate them and we'd always have to separate them from the rest of the students because they were such a disruption. It'd be ideal if kids never had to go on meds but they do have their place if the benefit outweighs the risks.

I know some people may disagree. Its a sensitive topic when kids are involved. I"m not trying to offend - just speaking from my experience.
    Last edited by rebelinu; Fri, Nov 28th, 2008 at 01:11 AM.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphena View Post
    GOT IT!!!

yay you're back!

Hope you're feeling better

I"m gonna send you an xmas card with some 'stuff' in it

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babygonnermann View Post
    That's not really fair. He only said that he was going to do it. He didn't actually do it ... I hope she gets in trouble on monday too
    because of ds son's past behaviour, he kinda has this rep hanging over him. apparently he TOLD her wat to write. she wrote it added a letter so it became FUNCK ds erases the n... he's saying he told her to write FUN. (no one is buying that), and ofcourse erasing the n din't help him and then looks worse on him, when they ask her about it, she admits it and what does he do? like a clam.

but i did stress to them, that she should be taking responsibility for doing it because she din't have to do what he says. sheesh. and too, i think it's a guy vs the innocent girl thing. my boy is a dumbbutt.

Yes it can, I had stopped at hospital in town where I had lived at the time, Doc told me was bowels, was gonna give me meds and send me home. Nurse came in says itsmy appendix, has me pain pills asays go drive as fast as you can. They are waiting for you , she had already phoned ahead. She basically saved me I say. If I had gone home it would have burst.
    nurses know more than the dr's. and even interns. it was an intern that was "observing" that discovered the aneurysm when dh was in dr's office. sheesh. am so grateful he was there. and i think when they are fresh out of med school, they see things that the older dr's miss. cause they are looking for stuff.ya know?

Just got phone call my Stephen King Kingdom Hospital dvd set is in...woohoo..guess what I am watching this weekend
    am jealous. *talk to the hand*

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelinu View Post
    yay you're back!

Hope you're feeling better

I"m gonna send you an xmas card with some 'stuff' in it
    u better hope customs isn't reading this, or the narc division.

i totally agree with you reasoning on the kids and meds issue. if the benefits out weight the risk. ABSOFREEKINGLUTELY. ryan has run out infront of card like 5 times. (hows that for a safety issuse? ) i seen another parent whose kid did the same thing but refused meds. but they did get him tested, turned out wasn't adhd, was autism. so lucky they did not go the med route. but at same time..if you try the meds and they don't work, then they can rule out adhd, and move onto an alternate diagnosis.

ps: i have agoraphobia too. maybe we should get together some time and disucss it. rofl.

to embed a video from youtube (using firefox, mie is screwed) , click the line with OBJECT in it, not the html one, and go to advance, paste that line, copy and click the yutube icon. that will put yt /yt around it.. it will be like 10 lines of gobblygook

like this

you know wot this reminds me of? ppls baby tapes. the daughterinlaw (stepson's wife), has 16 hours of the grandson rocking in a baby swing. rock, rock, rock, rock, rock..i looked at her (???) she said, WELL, IT'S NOT ALL THE SAME DAY!

omg 16 hours. roflmao
    Last edited by NSangel; Fri, Nov 28th, 2008 at 06:25 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

awww that kitty is sooo cute

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

this time when I voted it only gave me credit for 20 votes not 25

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

gmorning everyone. I am putting up my christmas tree and doing some cleaning today and going to visit my mil I recon. I will visit when I can lol.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

blondies-100 (from Mom's menu newsletter)

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seekthetruth View Post
    gmorning everyone. I am putting up my christmas tree and doing some cleaning today and going to visit my mil I recon. I will visit when I can lol.
    ya know the way she talks we shoulda figured out she was american long b4 she came outta the closet...

putting up xmas decorations, think i need a nap. bbl or..maybe..son is home pd day at school. and then cadets tonight.

Thread Information