User Tag List

Page 2014 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 1014 1514 1914 1964 2004 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2024 2064 2114 2514 ... LastLast
Results 30,196 to 30,210 of 38027
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    Id say she is most defiantely teething she chews on everything no matter what I do to stop her. She just comes near me not very close and whines like crazy and when i try to take she dances away and continues whining.

I am still having trouble housetraining she makes no sound or anything that I notice when its time to go to bathroom I dont know what to do for htat I take her out every 2 hours but still some days lots to clean up.
    Try the frozen broth - if she`s teething, her gums might be sore.

As for the housebreaking, some dogs are very good at being very very subtle. When I first got Lily dog, we would be walking down the middle of the sidewalk & she`d suddenly squat & go. No sign whatsoever she had to. As we got to know each other, she made more of an effort to communicate & I made more of an effort to understand.

Do you have a set routine of what she does in the house? Or does she have free reign? It makes a difference. Some pups are overwhelmed by the freedom. Think of it this way - if you leave a 3 yr old alone in the house you expect a certain amount of damage, but not necessarily with a 17 yr old. Unless it`s Tom Cruise (Risky Business).

If you can`t watch her (or have someone watch her closely), she goes to her bed (crate). It`s a lot of work at the beginning - & you might have a setback or 2 when her body grows faster than her bladder & she can`t hold it - but try taking her out every 1/2 hour for the first 2 days.

Take her out on a leash.
    If she does what she`s there to do (pick a special spot in your yard, so it`s easier to deal with the mess), she gets a cookie & 5-10 minutes of playtime with a special toy or whatever her favourite game is outside (put her on a long leash or a clothesline works well too - you don`t want to spend the next 2 hours trying to catch her to go back inside).
    Take her back inside & give her a cookie (you want her to want to come back inside, where all the fun is).
    Spend another 5 minutes playing with her inside.
    She *should* be safe (no accidents) for the next half hour (you never know), but keep an eye on her. If you`re doing housework, wear a belt & hook her leash to a belt, so she`s always with you. Most dogs don`t want to go in front of others, especially that close (is she hiding right now when having accidents inside or does she do it right in front of you?). If you don`t want her with you (you`re cooking & worried about having her near a hot stove), put her in her bed.
    For the next half hour, go about your business (cooking, cleaning, computer, etc), then back out she goes. If after 5 minutes, she does nothing, back inside you go, no cookie, no playtime.
    It`s a bit of a pain, but after 2 or 3 days, you should figure out a pattern & maybe see how she signals she`s gotta go.

The other thing you can do, that I`ve heard others use with great results, is to hang some bells on your door. Tie some jingle bells (like at Xmas) to the door you use to take her out. Get her to interact with the bells (use her nose or paws). When they chime, door gets opened & she gets a Good Girl!

Just be careful that she doesn`t train you.

When she goes in the house, is it always the same spot? Sometimes there`s still a smell there that dogs & cats smell, but we don`t & she figures it`s ok to use that spot. You might want to put her food dish there, that should discourage her from using that spot.

Hope what I`ve said makes sense. Any questions, just ask, I`ll do my best to answer.

Good luck!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good Morning Ladies and fellow oppressed males
    The only question I cannot answer... why?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

morning everyone. very behind on my words.a quick question my friend gives her dog icecubes and he loves them: is it because of teething

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

good morning all, hope everyone has a great day

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo my fellow point savers and freebie lovers!

Hope you all are having a loverly Saturday - looks like summer is FINALLY arriving here in Ontario (and most other parts of Canada)

Thanks for the words and I am really hoping work comes down a bit soon so I can pop by more often then once a week (Darn work life, imposing on my social life, what's up with that????!)

HUGS AND REP ALL ROUND!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Morning,

Just got off work - not tired at all but thats what happens when you sleep 13 hours LMAO. Wont be on the computer much my fingers are killing from the stupid rain (hope it stops soon). Just have to watch a video for my online course about a guy who killed 15 ppl before getting caught and he did it for fun (clearly a lot of ppl have this hobby as well). Working straight till Thrsday morning (8 days straight) then get 3 nights off. I really thinking this managers trying to drive me into my grave. But for some reason today she was nice. I cant lift a lot of things and usually she could care a less and make me lift it anyways. Today shes like oh let me help , oh its ok let me lift that. Im like wtfs going on. Your just starting to realize now that Im not lying when I saw I have really bad pains.

Anyways off to finish my lesson then bed.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Thanks Andit,

She is blocked off from half the house, the half that as carpet and where the kids rooms are, she can go in the livingroom, kitchen and dining room. We use her kennel at night and when we go out if we dont take her with us, and in there she is very vocal about not going to bathroom in. Guess its cause its her house.
    Most times in house when she has accident there is nothing that I see and then shes right there doing on or the other..

I wil try the ice cubes and keep a better watch but I think I will pick up some bells and see if cant get those to work. I do notice sometimes a slight quiver in her and am starting to think thats her sign if it is it sure aint much..lol

Thanks for help

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaela View Post
    morning everyone. very behind on my words.a quick question my friend gives her dog icecubes and he loves them: is it because of teething
    Some dogs, like some people, just like crunching on ice cubes. My 2 don't like plain ice cubes, but LOVE the popsicles I make for them. The cat especially likes to chase it around & around in the big dog dish (while the poor dog watches, hoping he'll get bored & she can steal it).

I took the cat to the dog festival this morning. He wasn't overly impressed with all the dogs there, but did like the attention that he got from being the only cat there & sooo well behaved (at least that's what people kept telling me ). He slept in my purse while I walked around & every so often would poke his nose out, which got him a lot of "ooh, you're soo cute" & "here's a treat for you". I might take him back tomorrow morning, we'll see (I'm tired already & still have plans for tonight & tomorrow night). He's napping now, but at least he hasn't tried to get into the dog treats.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Hello everyone... It's Saturday and yesterday's sun has disappeared

Who would have thought that these games would have been so addictive?
    I cannot allow myself any more new ones; simply not enough hours in a day!

Have a great weekend one and all!!
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you went to woofstock! Wish I lived closer, but 3 hours in a small car,trying to navigate and battle TO traffic with 4 dogs....... ahhhhhh..not gonna do it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    you went to woofstock! Wish I lived closer, but 3 hours in a small car,trying to navigate and battle TO traffic with 4 dogs....... ahhhhhh..not gonna do it.
    Yep, had fun at Woofstock. Er, I guess we made it Meowstock? Traffic would be a nightmare - lots of construction, plus with the road closed off for Woofstock, lots of confused drivers blocking traffic. I took the bus, & even the driver got all confused about the detours.

Lots of dogs there & they seemed to be having fun. Only one dog seemed interested in Quincy cat & he just seemed confused by the purse. I don't take Lily dog cause she does not really like dogs (actually it's more that she wants to play, but can't seem to speak dog). I contacted the organizers last year & suggested they have a Meowfest for cat owners & their felines, but so far no go. Lily dog would be in heaven at that sort of festival, since she looooves cats.

Cross your fingers everyone. The little stray cat that goes for walks with Lily & me is hopefully going to have a home tonight. She's so cute, she runs up to us, meows, then walks beside Lily as we go down the back alley. I am sooo tempted to take her in, but don't have the proper resources (space & finances). Here's hoping Jackie will be living the life of a queen soon.

Hope everyone has a good evening/night. I'm off to the theatre (no naked men these days...darn ).

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wish I lived closer to TO too LOL I just generally like big cities...though I would not want to drive in toronto at all!

haha so today was interesting I went to home depot with my parents just to get out of the house...I ended up buying a chandalier for my bedroom its a little one was only $30 but our ceilings arent very high out there anyway so I couldnt get anything bigger than what I did, but I love it!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Ok does anyone here no any stores that ship to canada. I wanted to buy this.. Back to Basics SITSELP Slushie Express 200-Watt Stand Blender..to make slushies and stuff for summer but amazon.com sells and wont ship here, found at InCooking, said ship to canada but when fill out to order nothing to fill out for canada..

Anyone think of any other stores that might have and ship? Would love any help..thanks

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hmm try googling it?! see if any other stores come up then see if they ship to canada?

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    hmm try googling it?! see if any other stores come up then see if they ship to canada?
    tried that but will keep trying all i get is compare prices and they are all ones that dont ship..stupid idea to get slushie machine for kids..lol

Thread Information