User Tag List

Page 2094 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 1094 1594 1994 2044 2084 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2104 2144 2194 ... LastLast
Results 31,396 to 31,410 of 38027
    Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    yeah I checked monster no jobs in my area posted at all..same with workopolis just remembered another site thought was govn with job listings but cant remember what was
    http://www.careers.gov.sk.ca/

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/srch_eng.as...8&Student=true

You can also try websites from local placement agencies in the area as well.
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

thanks BG

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

ok another question about filling out applications...what does it mean when asks for professional references? I dont even remeber what to put for references are they people you know or people you worked with?

I havent had a job since 2000...I dont even remember what I got paid at my old jobs, so just putting min wage at time ...feel lost..lol

on another note for my tattoo its either my arm or side of calf..any one have one on their calf..did it hurt its gonna be all black and grey..have one on arm and was fine but this is bigger so wonder ing how bad the leg will hurt
    Last edited by haunish; Mon, Jul 20th, 2009 at 01:40 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Usually professional references would be supervisors or managers. For wages I always put "usual starting salary"

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKitty View Post
    Usually professional references would be supervisors or managers. For wages I always put "usual starting salary"

what would I do though , if most the places i worked are no longer around? I dont really have anyone to put except a manager from 15 years ago..maybe

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

what would I do though , if most the places i worked are no longer around? I dont really have anyone to put except a manager from 15 years ago..maybe
    Maybe just list References Available Upon Request. Then, when you go for an interview, you can explain your situation & present them with character references.

I know with me, I hadn't worked in 5 yrs (while I was on dialysis, etc) & started doing some volunteer work. I got lucky in that the folks I volunteered for hired me on for a few hours a week (the most I can handle with my lousy energy), but I could have used my supervisor as a volunteer as a reference. Maybe you could try that? Volunteer a few hours & see what comes of it? At least it would give you the confidence to know you can do the job.

Do you have any ideas as to what you'd like to do?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Maybe just list References Available Upon Request. Then, when you go for an interview, you can explain your situation & present them with character references.

I know with me, I hadn't worked in 5 yrs (while I was on dialysis, etc) & started doing some volunteer work. I got lucky in that the folks I volunteered for hired me on for a few hours a week (the most I can handle with my lousy energy), but I could have used my supervisor as a volunteer as a reference. Maybe you could try that? Volunteer a few hours & see what comes of it? At least it would give you the confidence to know you can do the job.

Do you have any ideas as to what you'd like to do?

I have no idea I went to the Academy of Learning here back in 2000 for Office administration and Medical office Procedures..Got the diploma for the medical office one, but its been so long I dont remember anything and the school has sucha a bad rep here some people arent looking at that anymore(never finished seminar for Office oneand dont seem to have anymore)

So at the moment I though twould try at pharmasave, shoppers, coles. I love books and working in some sort of book store would be ideal. But I also dont drive..will be trying for license at some point but have to take course for that as well. I have serious thing about driving.

So at moment really dont know what to do, always wanted to do CSI kind of stuff, but no schooling here and they dont need that here , so at this moment I just want a job I will like with adult interaction.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have no idea I went to the Academy of Learning here back in 2000 for Office administration and Medical office Procedures..Got the diploma for the medical office one, but its been so long I dont remember anything and the school has sucha a bad rep here some people arent looking at that anymore(never finished seminar for Office oneand dont seem to have anymore)

So at the moment I though twould try at pharmasave, shoppers, coles. I love books and working in some sort of book store would be ideal. But I also dont drive..will be trying for license at some point but have to take course for that as well. I have serious thing about driving.

So at moment really dont know what to do, always wanted to do CSI kind of stuff, but no schooling here and they dont need that here , so at this moment I just want a job I will like with adult interaction.
    Do you have any friends/neighbours who could get you in? It's always easiest if you have an in, to get a job (never worked for me, since I never had the right connections, til after I got sick, then it was too late).

I also wanted to do the CSI stuff, long before CSI ever went to air. Unfortunately, around here I needed a Masters degree to get into the lab I wanted to work at, so it didn't work out (by that point I had had enough of school).

Your best bet is to just go into the places you want to work with a copy of your resume & have a chat with the store managers.

Good luck!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Do you have any friends/neighbours who could get you in? It's always easiest if you have an in, to get a job (never worked for me, since I never had the right connections, til after I got sick, then it was too late).

I also wanted to do the CSI stuff, long before CSI ever went to air. Unfortunately, around here I needed a Masters degree to get into the lab I wanted to work at, so it didn't work out (by that point I had had enough of school).

Your best bet is to just go into the places you want to work with a copy of your resume & have a chat with the store managers.

Good luck!
    most my friends are guys, so I dont wnat to do their jobs..lol..I always wanted to do the CSI type of stuff. since forever at one point even thought of working in a morgue or something..little weird I know, but I dont think anything like that will happen not where I live. So I am printing some out to drop off on way to gym and see what happens I guess.

Does anyone know if need any specific qualifications for working in a bank? Not sure if should try there

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I know highschool students that worked at banks, so i don't think you need a whole lot. but i always thought it would be hard to get into. i would call up or go online, sometimes they have a link where it says join team, then maybe you can find more info. good luck on the job hunt haunish someday that will be me, and i won't know wot to put either. but am putting boo for a reference lmao. ya ..right.

i'll use this exp on here giving out g/cs and word it so i sound super important

dont' forget to claim that 25 pt twitter word : expert. only good til midnight on p&p.

planning on making a rabbit hutch tonight, see how dh feels the house smells like a fuxin ZOO. and i can't bend over and do 3 huge cages, 2 medium ones. so i'm kicking em all out.

anyone on here keep their small animals out in the wintertime? my hubby is talking about doing it, and i'm scared they will freeze to death. he says that ppl at his work keep em out and have a lightbulb, but i heard a horror story where a hutch caught on fire and the animals died, so i'm scared of hooking up electricity to it.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have had a simply lovely day, this pregnancy has given me no desire at all most of the time to eat which I think is a good thing, I am getting my supplements in and if I lose weight good for me. But hubby is driving me nuts and insists I keep eating, thankfully he is not home to drive me nuts but half of my battle is not having energy to prepare the damn food for myself. I have to cook for the kids and I do but they are content with grilled cheese or chicken fingers but I won't eat that anyways (I don't eat chicken) so I dunno what to do. He has called me like 5 times today, what have you eaten? Geez...I guess it is good he cares but man annoying

So I was going down to the basement today with some laundry in my hands to start up a load. There was something on the stairs which I didn't see, I tripped on it and fell down the stairs. I am fine, landed on my butt/back but somehow hit my right elbow really hard on the floor (the stairs are wood) and it hurts like a mofo ... I know its gonna bruise nicely, and it hurts to even pick things up. I doubt it is broken or anything but wow it hurts soo much.
    And did I mention to you guys I have been babysitting my nephew for the summer? He is 8 yrs old, not so bad but sometimes they all get worked out and I swear the last hr or two they are all ready to kill each other for some reason. He was supposed to be in summer camp during the summer as my sister and her hubby work but since the Toronto strike is still going on, his camp was cancelled and my parents are in Jordan so no choice. I do not mind it, but man is it ever tiring sometimes....sigh needed to let all that out

Haunish I know banks usually look for someone who is in school uni or even coop students but here you need to have a uni degree to work with the banks. I would seriously stick to something you will love and also maybe something you can benefit like I would love to work in Walmart or a clothing store for the discounts. Take a look at the employee perks with the store you look at

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I did just apply online at TD bank, they werelooking and all a person needed was high school.

I am appling at the local salvation Army as they are hiring and pay is good and can look through clothes for kids before putting out. I did work at walmart and have to say I wouldnt work at this one again. Was going to try home hardware but havent heard good things there. the book store is not hiring but going to drop one off anyways..never know

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I know here in ON you need a college or uni degree to even be considered to work at banks. Have you tried local libraries - my sister loves books and kids shes worked at the local libray for years and loved it. My sisters making about 17.00$ an hour too (must be nice eh). Have you tried Canada Post - they hired me LOL Im sure they would hire you. You can apply online on their website and all I had to do was submit a criminal record check. (Im a helper so I work about 3 - 4 hours a day and make about 40.00$ - 60.00$ a day). Have you tried local business like real estate or something with the certificate you have you would be a receptionalist or a secreatary. Im looking into receptionanist jobs once Im done school to get work experience. You just need to know how to type (which Im guessing you do) and answer phones (if you like to talk like me its perfect).

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki911 View Post
    I know here in ON you need a college or uni degree to even be considered to work at banks. Have you tried local libraries - my sister loves books and kids shes worked at the local libray for years and loved it. My sisters making about 17.00$ an hour too (must be nice eh). Have you tried Canada Post - they hired me LOL Im sure they would hire you. You can apply online on their website and all I had to do was submit a criminal record check. (Im a helper so I work about 3 - 4 hours a day and make about 40.00$ - 60.00$ a day). Have you tried local business like real estate or something with the certificate you have you would be a receptionalist or a secreatary. Im looking into receptionanist jobs once Im done school to get work experience. You just need to know how to type (which Im guessing you do) and answer phones (if you like to talk like me its perfect).

I will be dropping one off at the library, but am not sure how to apply at canada post. I have often thought about getting a job there. Do you just submit online or does a position have to be open at the moment?

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

most my friends are guys, so I dont wnat to do their jobs..lol..I always wanted to do the CSI type of stuff. since forever at one point even thought of working in a morgue or something..little weird I know, but I dont think anything like that will happen not where I live. So I am printing some out to drop off on way to gym and see what happens I guess.

Does anyone know if need any specific qualifications for working in a bank? Not sure if should try there
    I will be dropping one off at the library, but am not sure how to apply at canada post. I have often thought about getting a job there. Do you just submit online or does a position have to be open at the moment?
    You can apply online or go into your local branch and ask about positions. I got in as my moms helper but if you ask about helper positions or sick covers then you can cover off the persons route. They send it away and if you pass the checks (they run your name basically you need a clean criminal record) they put you down and when someone calls in you cover them (which you make more money with that position) helper you basically sit in with the other worker and put the mail in the boxes.

Thread Information