User Tag List

Page 2112 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 1112 1612 2012 2062 2102 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2122 2162 2212 ... LastLast
Results 31,666 to 31,680 of 38027
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tks for the words all.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Just got email back from TD bank to do an online job assessment..this is the one I would like to get but who knows who else applied so filled it out and wait and see what happens. Was bummed as there was an opening at pharmasave for postal clerk but have to be able to work till midnight so wont get that one..oh well..keep applying

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the words.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

robtweet...100pts...exp. 08/29/09

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

PointsandPrizes.com Keyword: WORKINGGIRL worth 100 points good through 8/29/09.
    PointsandPrizes.com Keyword: SMARTGIRLS worth 100 points good through 8/29/09

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

thank you for all the new words..repped where I could

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

waterwitch...100 pts...08/29/09...contests

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Man, you guys are fast.. I come to post a few new words, and find that they aren't so new So I updated the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    ((((lolcat)))))

Maybe SC can do a fund raiser of some sort?? I don't have a lot of extra income but I sure would be willing to donate the cash back I have, maybe we can get others to do the same???
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Girl View Post
    I'm new and don't have much cash back but you're welcome to it. I'm really sorry to hear that you are having trouble, lolcat.
    Man, you guys make me feel more loved than my real family, every time
    all your well wishes, and especially this sentiment, brought tears to my eyes.. the good kind, on a day full of the bad kind. YOU ALL ROCK, and I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by babygonnermann View Post
    Hi All!! Thanks for the words

I'm just thankful that she's living in Calgary full time and only comes to Ontario once a year. This morning I got to go out for a little while and when I came back, she was cleaning my fridge. Luckily I slept really well last night so my patience was a little better this morning. I appreciate the help, but ............. Yesterday she vaccuumed my house with the power beater attachement. I had to go into the basement because I wasn't going to watch her ruin my new hardwood floors.

Oh, well. Deep breaths in all the time. That's how I have to handle it.

I am feeling okay. I just can't do a whole lot. It's really hard to move around all the time, and I'm getting winded really easily. I have been feeling ill lately and am having trouble keeping weight on, but my doctor isn't worried right now, so I'm not going to worry. I've been having braxton-hicks for about a month now, but extremely irregular. Usually at night after dinner for about three hours. Other than that, things are fabulous (no swelling ).

Nice. I wish there was something I could do to help out. I really hope you don't have to go .

I hope everyone is having a great day. My day is getting better. MIL is leaving for the afternoon/evening . What to do with myself?!?
    BG... if I had to have my MIL live with me for more than 24 hours I'd go insane. You are much more patient than me

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just wanted to let you all know that after tonite or tomorrow i wont' be around much. i am cutting my interent for the rest of the summer and maybe longer. work is getting very hectic and after monday i will be working a lot more. 14 hr days. so when i do get a day off i wont be on here. lol so cutting the net. i will pop in from time to time to say hi. wish u all the best. take care of the ladies shaman. lol sry to abandon ya but u can handle them by now i should think. lmao

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

aww bye newsnake ..dont work to hard

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lolcat View Post
    No good news on that front at all. They have pretty much given me until this coming Monday to "Resolve the issue" (Pay the bills off) or they are going to proceed against me. I've sold every piece of jewelry and valuable stuff I've got, but still not enough to pay off the bills. We already took out an extra amount on our mortgage to pay off a bunch of the older bills before, so that isn't really an option, and we dipped into our savings that time too. Not really sure what will happen, since none of DH's or my family can help us either. I'm waiting on 2 phone calls today, but I doubt there is any promise from those, since they both were pretty sure they couldn't help me but would look into things and call me back anyway.
    You're welcome to my cashback too. I don't have paypal or such, but I could try to dig up some money (would $20 help?) & send you a MC or VISA gc somehow (still new ot shopping online).

Not sure if you've tried contacting a local church (not sure of your religion, but most churches try to help, regardless of denomination, especially the Christian ones - my friend's Menonite & I know her church has helped folks).

Here are some organizations I've found that might be able to help.

Ontario Association of Women's Centres (has a London location):
    http://www.oawc.org/

http://www.newcomersclub.com/Canada/on.html#London
    AMERICAN WOMEN'S CLUB OF LONDON
    London, ON Canada
    1st Vice President: Donna (519) 474-1543
    Treasurer: Pat (519) 472-8801
    Maybe they have inside info on immigration issues?

Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System
    http://www.lfcc.on.ca/
    Not really related to your situation, but might have some ideas.

Ontario Women's Justice Network
    http://www.owjn.org/
    This org deals with legal issues related to violence against women, but they might give you a lead on who can help:

So is it the feds demanding that you pay off your debt? Or is it the insurance company using that clause to threaten you? Have you mentioned that you are in no position to travel?

Here are the MPs in your area - have you contacted them yet? Try the Conservative ones first, they're the ones more in a position to do something, although the NDP MP might be more sympathetic.

Ed Holder (he's Conservative so has more power to actually get something done):
    Hill Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A6
    Telephone: (613) 996-6674
    Fax: (613) 996-6772
    EMail: [email protected]
    Web Site: www.edholder.ca
    Preferred Language: English

Constituency Offices
    200-390 Commissioners Rd West (Main Office)
    London, Ontario
    N6J 1Y3
    Telephone: (519) 473-5955
    Fax: (519) 473-7333

Joe Preston (he's Conservative, so has more influence):
    Hill Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A6
    Telephone: (613) 990-7769
    Fax: (613) 996-0194
    Web Site: www.joeprestonmp.ca/

Constituency Offices
    24 1st Avenue, Unit 2
    St Thomas, Ontario
    N5R 4M5
    Telephone: (519) 637-2255
    Fax: (519) 637-3358

Irene Mathyssen (she's NDP, so not sure how much influence she actually has)
    Hill Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A6
    Telephone: (613) 995-2901
    Fax: (613) 943-8717
    Web Site: www.irenemathyssen.ca/

Constituency Offices
    1700 Dundas Street (Main Office)
    London, Ontario
    N5W 3C9
    Telephone: (519) 685-4745
    Fax: (519) 685-1462

Glen Pearson (he's Liberal, so again not sure how much influence he'll have):
    Hill Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A6
    Telephone: (613) 992-0805
    Fax: (613) 992-9613
    Web Site: www.glenpearson.ca/

Constituency Offices
    768 Maitland Street
    London, Ontario
    N5Y 2W3
    Telephone: (519) 663-9777
    Fax: (519) 663-2238

Unfortunately, my friend who used to work for the Feds doesn't have any contacts left who could do anything.

Did you contact the media? I know you tried before, but have you contacted them again?

I can't think of anything else right now. Hang in there, it will all work out.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just popped in to check on you LOLCAT! hoping everything works out and the healthy baby is born soon

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Morning,

Just got off work - 1 more night then off camping.

LOLcat - dont go without a fight. There has to be someone to call. What about appealling it. I know this guy in my class did that and the they gave him longer to pay it off.

Im off to bed - have to work @ CP today.

Thanks for the words.

Everything is Awesome! :D
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Today's code word is WINGS for 450 points! Redeem your points now.

Good thru 07/31/09.

Thanks for all the words!

HelloHello! - Hope everyone's doing Awesome!!! :D

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Lolcat, just thought of something else (actually thought of it in the middle of the night but was too lazy to get up ). Can your DH's employer help? Could they advance him the money or work out something to help him get a loan? What about his coworkers?

I know when I left one job (boss was a twit ) to go to another job, my coworkers (about 8 people) gave me a gc for $100 as a going away present (they liked me better than my boss ).

Where my father worked, one of his coworkers had a fire & they raised money for him by having a BBQ. Company provided the location (front lawn), a group of folks did the hard labor - they bought hot dogs, made lemonade, a couple of people baked cakes & cookies - they managed to raise a couple of thousand dollars. & it was a relatively small company (about 100 employees).

As an absolute last resort, go to any church and claim asylum. Tell them you're trying to escape their evil banking system (the nitwit insurance company is part of that mess, no doubt).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Thread Information