User Tag List

Page 1604 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 604 1104 1504 1554 1594 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1614 1654 1704 2104 ... LastLast
Results 24,046 to 24,060 of 38027
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    Thanks hes sending me off to read the instructions..lol..men cant read them i guess

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY........ we read instructions. WE just no better then to pay attention to them.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newsnakeowner1978 View Post
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........ We read instructions. We just no better then to pay attention to them.
    lol

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Haunish. If you are doing any sort of home renos which include even painting your home or hardwood flooring between $1000 - $10 000 total combined you can deduct the cost from your income taxtes. It really comes out to 15% total tax credit but better than nothing. Here is some info:

http://canadaonline.about.com/b/2009...tax-credit.htm

Is this what you were looking for?

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Took the shorter of the brats over to visit friends at the office tonight. Being a cat, he decided to be anti-social & jumped into an open box of brochures & refused to come out. Every so often he stuck his nose out to check whether or not I was still there. Needless to say the humans in the room were doubled over laughing at his antics.

Thanks for posting all the recipes. I guess I'll have to do more cooking. Too bad my mom's bringing me a ton of food tomorrow (she likes to bring me homemade dinners once a week - my freezer is still full from last week!).

NS, good to hear you're feeling better.

Amy, sorry to hear about your friend's mother. The good thing is that now they have a diagnosis, they can treat her properly. If she wants to talk to someone who's been on dialysis, give her my info. It can be pretty scary at first, not to mention making you feel like your body is twisting inside out. For what it`s worth, it does get better.

Hope everyone is having a good night.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by S J View Post
    uugh , they called the company was crystal egale, but hubby wasnt home, they said they want to come when he is there{ read they want to sell us something and want both to be there and hooked}. pushed it for next wednsday , ugh will have to say no and will blame it on hubby
    I did telemarketing for a company like this when I was a teenager. actually, I did the initial calls to see who 'qualified' for the product then someone else called to book the appointments. It was when they told me that I'd have to do the booking calls that I quit (2 weeks later). I didn't ask too many questions 'cause I was just a kid who wanted a job but when I clued in that these people were trying to scam people with their crappy products my conscience kicked in. My parents raised me right.

When I get the calls and the person says 1. they want to come to my house before they'll give me my 'free' gift or 2. my husband has to be home - I just tell them I'm not interested. Some of them will try to push it 'oh, so you want me to give your free gift to someone else?', uh, yeah. go scam someone else 'cause I'm not falling for it. My g/f let someone come to her place and they were there for 1&1/2 hours because she was too polite to say no. Her free gift was a coupon for a set of pots & pans that you couldn't buy in London and definitely wasn't worth driving out of town to get.

Last year when I went to the women's show in toronto I entered a lot of contests and someone called me 3 months later saying I 'won' a contest to win a 2 week vacation at 50% off. I told the guy that if I 'won' something I shouldn't have to pay anything to get it. Then I hung up on him.

Don't waste your time. Be rude and hang up on them 'cause they'll keep calling you.

just my 2 cents.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Sry haven't really gotten to this all yet.. BIG exam tmr.. not ready enough :S .. What is a Wiki? Some words are daily while others are just weekly?

Re "The Brats" Haha! They seem so well behaved! You want a brat, you should meet mine!.. Don't let her inside that sec& she'll let herself in.. (sliding screen door, non sliding screen door w handle.. replace 2.. soon 3, let in storm door & chewed up brushed nickel handle. Won't stay still when rain, thunder, lightening, fireworks.. sometimes just won't sleep.. usu when have exam next day or something important.. Has let herself &lab out of garage.. took about 25mins to find lab, 1hr to find shep.. might I add this was in a pouring rain storm)

ps.. is there someway to retrieve old list as I won't get to words til 11pm ish tmr?
    How did the exam go? Hopefully you aced it.

As for your shepherd, sounds like she`s got storm phobias. Some dogs you can train to get over it, by using storms as the cue to do tricks & get lots of treats. Takes time, but worth it if it works. If you want more info, let me know.

As for letting herself in & out, 3 days after I brought my Lily dog home from the shelter, she opened the front door (round doorknob) & let herself out to go visit the neighbours. She now helps around the house, opening the sliding closet door & picking stuff up for me, although she refuses to do windows.

If you want a laugh, I have a video of the cat opening the front door on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    we have a prog thermostat. pays for itself. you can do two things haun, you can change the temp, or the time that it kicks in, should say in instructions.
    I WISH I could install one of these. I have a 68 year old gravity fed boiler that is the most inefficient thing anyone could have. Remember the Nightmare on Elm Street movies? Mine looks like that with the trap door in the front of it. Our thermostat on the main floor doesn't work any more so I have to go down to the boiler and turn up the temperature by fiddling with the pressure guage. I'd love to get rid of it but because the boiler and all the water pipes are wrapped in asbestos, I'd be paying a good chunk of money to have it properly removed. Then they'd have to take the boiler apart because it's too big to fit through the door.
    I love my house with all it's wood trim and charming features but the plaster walls (no insulation in them) and the original windows cost me a lot in heat loss.

Mike Holmes come to my house! When am I going to win the lottery???

CaLoonie lol am loony stardreamer7880's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there is a new swagcode if anyone that is here is doing them

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RTlady View Post
    Hey guys... just remembered what I forgot...

I need a new "potato" recipe - I'm tired of mashed, boiled and scalloped
    potatoes. Does anyone have a different version of serving 'em??
    I looove lemon oregano potatoes! Cut lengthwise, add some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano, (i sometimes add a dash of curry too). Bake at 350 for 450 mins or so, stirring them often, and adding more oil if they start to stick to the botton of the pan.

OH I GOT ONE, THAT'S MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE WAY WITH POTATOES!!!!

potatoe pancakes, grate potatoes, and put in cold water, splash of vinegar to keep em white, drain really well, put flour and butter in, mix. add to hot oil in pan.

zucchini ones are awesome too

goes great with fish

I LOVE zucchini! I'm going to try this one, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amycrows View Post
    NS try it with spinach too, I do it alot. But also add spice. I make them into veggie sandiwches that way. I add egg into it, so almost exactly like pancakes without the sugar of course. I also put baking powder
    Wow all of this is making me so hungry.. but im going to bed in a couple mins. boo.

to all whose asking, ty, yes i am feeling quite a bit better. but watch out. she's pmsing.

kill kill
    Aww how sweet, our cycles have aligned

I'm going to TRY to get on sometime during the day tomorrow... this cable internet is giving me a hard time.. it's been down so often lately. today it was up for an hour in the morning and a couple hours in the evening.. other than that its been out.. grrr

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amycrows View Post
    Haunish. If you are doing any sort of home renos which include even painting your home or hardwood flooring between $1000 - $10 000 total combined you can deduct the cost from your income taxtes. It really comes out to 15% total tax credit but better than nothing. Here is some info:

http://canadaonline.about.com/b/2009...tax-credit.htm

Is this what you were looking for?
    Hey, thanks! Will check this link out too myself!

Newsnakeowner, heehee you is outnumbered here fella!
    Do you mean to say you do read instructions...?!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stardreamer7880 View Post
    What is this P & B stuff you all are always getting? LOL I WANT TOO but suspect it is a Canadian thing. Got my e-gift card for walmart.com ordered two books both new releases but one was paperback. I've entered the contest for the gc every week on bidcrap for last couple years, so glad I finally won. I hadn't been signing up for many contests kind of got discouraged on them but not any more!

Thanks for the words Nikks and Amy couldn't give either of you rep.

I've found with the GMB on PS that if I just buy one I never get anything good but the more I buy at one time altogether the better my chances are of getting something good. SO always buy at least 2 to 4 at a time. Last time I bought 2 I got something that I didn't like I sold it for 999 and got 2 more and that is when I got the fancy chandelier and robot doll, which I wanted both of those so turned out good. Going to have to kick some of the people I don't know off my PS as it is slowing my game down and getting hiccups in it, feel bad doing that but been sending them names of the people that were looking for friends when they added me. lol figure put them altogether and they won't miss me.

Off to work on pogo and PS
    "I've found with the GMB on PS..."

??? whazzat ??? You won a chandelierm robot and other stuff? Ooooo, please tell me about that club?

Got video games just collecting dust? http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6163218490671

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    Ok I have never had Lobster yet in my life...and I so wanna try it..

Went shopping and got a few dealstoday so I am happy, plus bought more books not that i really needed any, but was 4 for $10

Oh ya gotta try it - yummo, in my opinion!!! Some places don't cook it right though. If it's overdone it gets rubbery. Used to love lobster stuffed mushrooms at Red Lobster. I make a poor man's version from canned that I do sometimes with crab instead too. If you ever try canned, best to get the one that says it has large pieces but I'd try lobster tail or something like that first - much better. Ought to figure out my recipe for those mushrooms. I am bad for not measuring and usually eyeballing stuff. Can often replicate a recipe pretty close if I eat it once or twice somewhere. Hm, now I am craving crabcakes and we don't have any cream cheese...

Another social & fun place to play where everybody wins eventually! https://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=02pvn46jx7920

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

SOUTHWEST for 200 points! Redeem your points now. Good thru 3/6/09.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

i like spinache in lasagna..(well USED TO), but nobuddy else likes spinache, like it uncooked in salads tho.
    You, me and Popeye then? I love spinach in lasagna and as salad too. Love that spinach salad with the sliced fresh strawnerries and slivered almonds covered in that poppyseed dressing...mmmm!

Yeesh, now there's two places I need to visit after I eat and not on empty tummy. The grocery store and here. You guys is making me hungry!

I owe a few folks some rep but I will come back later and catch up. Need to go earn some points before month ends. Should check my email again for my last few stragglers for the SDM event too.

Have a super-duper day y'all! C'ya's later

Oh ya, Newsnakeowner, might have some man company here soon maybe? You won't be so outnumbred then LOL

Have a super day all!

Another social place to play & win! https://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=02pvn46jx7920
    Last edited by Mbgurl; Fri, Feb 27th, 2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: oopsy - illiterate today

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

RTlady,

I know some potato recipes if you still looking for some. Potato Latkes - potato pancake of sorts - very ez. There's a few others I could share too, if interested? Ever try mixing Kraft Italian dressing with parmesan cheese and shaking potatoes like shake n bake in it? Roast in oven on fairy high heat - not bad for a change. PM me if still looking, I know more recipes too.
    Last edited by Mbgurl; Fri, Feb 27th, 2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: oopsy - over chgd to oven

Thread Information