User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: **ladies only** re: Diva cup

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinigal View Post
    (...replacing your tampon every time you do number 1 seems like such a waste...).
    Er...perhaps TMI, but I've never had to do that.

Z
    kazm-l likes this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I honestly think their disgusting. How in the heck do you do this in a public washroom? Too messy for me. I think the grossest thing I ever saw was a "gently" used one for sale on kijiji, she only used it for a year. Omg. Nasty! I know some ladies like them but to me its just not something I have any interest in trying. But then again I dont even wear tampons because I find them highly uncomfortable. Maybe its because I have a really tipped uterus, not sure.

(btw your not supposed to replace your tampon everytime you go pee, thats right in the intructions)
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Nov 16th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I honestly think their disgusting. How in the heck do you do this in a public washroom? Too messy for me. I think the grossest thing I ever saw was a "gently" used one for sale on kijiji, she only used it for a year. Omg. Nasty! I know some ladies like them but to me its just not something I have any interest in trying. But then again I dont even wear tampons because I find them highly uncomfortable. Maybe its because I have a really tipped uterus, not sure.

(btw your not supposed to replace your tampon everytime you go pee, thats right in the intructions)
    I have a tipped uterus as well. Maybe that is why I have such trouble with tampons. I've only once been able to wear one and not have to take it out because it hurt. Even yearly exams are painful, last time I ended up crying the exam hurt so much with the speculum being put in. Other activities usually hurt and the doctor thinks that it is because of the tipped uterus and I'm smaller there than average in that area.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I honestly think their disgusting. How in the heck do you do this in a public washroom? Too messy for me. I think the grossest thing I ever saw was a "gently" used one for sale on kijiji, she only used it for a year. Omg. Nasty!
    eww.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You don't need to touch it in a public washroom, they hold enough so that most people don't have to change it more than once a day.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been using the Diva Cup for four years, and like Trinigal, I too wish that I had started using one sooner. I really hate the amount of waste created by feminine hygiene products, so that really convinced me to try out a menstrual cup. After using one for so long, I also have to say that it is convenient to not have to remember to carry pads or tampons in my purse, and to have to change those every few hours (which is really inconvenient when on a beach/sightseeing/doing outdoor sports, etc.). These are terrific when you travel. I also find that blood/fluid emits an awful odour when using pads, and that always made me uncomfortable; with a menstrual cup there is no smell. I was nervous about putting them in but I found it wasn't much different than inserting a tampon. I also found it more comfortable than a tampon to wear and remove. I highly recommend this product!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I started using them when they first came out over 10 years ago and loved them. I stopped because I am on Depo now. I found them very convenient and inexpensive. I would definitely go use it again. It is good for the environment and is so convenient.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I really wanted to try the Diva Cup after reading about them... but I couldn't justify spending 30$ on something not knowing if it would work for me. I bought the disposable cups instead and tried them at home. I realize the design of the disposable cups is different and this may explain the overnight leakage... but disposal time was such a mess... I remember thinking thank goodness this didn't happen in a public washroom.

Sally - While I wouldn't really want to buy a used diva cup myself, I'm pretty sure I read that the Diva cup is 100% silicone. Items made of 100% silicone can be boiled and sterilized. Don't ask me how I know this

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I have one and LOVE IT! They are way nicer to your lady bits then tampons are. The min you have to empty it is once every 12 hours, so depending on how heavy your cycle is you can get away with never changing it in a public washroom! The first period I used in on was the only one I ever had any leakage. Its a bit of a learning curve. Since then, its been fantastic. It was the first time since I was 13 that I didn't wake up to bloody sheets. I always leaked at bedtime weither I wore a pad or a tampon, but not with the diva!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I change mine in the morning and before I go to bed. I am very heavy and have never once had a leak or have had to change it anywhere but the comfort of my own home. The way it fits, you can do any business and not touch it, unlike a tampon. I love the fact that I do not have to sit in something wet....I have actually forgotten that it was my time of the month a couple of times because of how clean it is and the decrease in my cramps. One of the best products I have ever bought.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I honestly think their disgusting. How in the heck do you do this in a public washroom? Too messy for me. I think the grossest thing I ever saw was a "gently" used one for sale on kijiji, she only used it for a year. Omg. Nasty!
    Double EEEWW!!

I use an IUD and have no period anymore!
    Get 5 deluxe beauty products sample each month for 21$
    with
    Glossybox
    , please clic to subscribe!!

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have a diva and have been trying to get the hang of it for ages. When it works it's great, but I get leaks, and it feels odd and uncomfy sometimes. I think I may have to get the next size, since I've had my DD and am almost 30.. Anyone tried the mooncup or any other brands?

Since we're sharing.. I use sea sponges from Jade and Pearl for med-light days. Love them to pieces.. super comfy and easy.
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information