User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: I have lung cancer mastesized to the ribs and only months to live.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I'll bet you anything that someone will quit or not start smoking because you shared your story like this, and a life will have been saved. And that's a very good thing.

I hope you can still celebrate the life you've had and know that you've helped someone somewhere. I wish you peace.

Oh, and I'm also another one who always cracks up when I see your avatar!
    nat77 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Hi Eric, I was off the boards for awhile. I came across this post last night. I read maybe 3 lines then had to stop. I read everything now. My heart hurts for you deeply. I can't imagine what you are going through. All the emotions, maybe fear, anger, shock.
    I have 2 vices in this world, food and smoking. I lost my parents years ago, lost my first husband at 24. That's just the tip of the iceberg, yet here I sit here still smoking, deathfully afraid of cancer, just makes no sense to me. Why do I do it? I'm addicted, and trying to quit a addiction is hard, but not impossible. I have smoked for around 23 years, and have been seriously been working myself up to trying to quit. Your post brought me so much sadness and pain although we have never spoke. I don't even have the words to say what I want to you. I'm so so very sorry to hear this. My biggest hug goes out to you, and my prayers. I'm so sorry. xoxo
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thank you for sharing Eric, I am 51 and have smoked most of my adult life, I watched my dad die from lung disease and that still didn't kick me hard enough. I have my own reason to quit and have been smoke free for over a month and have no intention of smoking again. I'm so sorry that your prognosis is not good eric I have enjoyed reading your posts and I hope you continue to post as long as you are able. Take care

KELOWNA SINCE 1990 ILUVMYPUGTOADIE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

My heart goes out to you, your family and all that love you. Thankyou for sharing, I will be quiting soon you gave me a lot to think about xoxo

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have been thinking about you just about everyday. You have struck a cord with me and I am well on my way to quitting. Please take care

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know what to say. I too don't know you personally, but your story brought me to tears.

I hope your pain can be manageable, and i'll pray for you and your family.

Everyone in my family smokes, but me. They say i'm still young, but i've made it my life goal to not smoke ever since I found out what it really does to your body.
    nat77 likes this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks for your message.. very brave of you to share it with us.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I am so sorry for your situation. I only hope that your pain can be managed well enough that you are at least somewhat comfortable.

I personally am a non-smoker, and my hubby managed to quit just over a year ago (I am so happy for that).

I just wanted to share a story with everyone about my neighbour for a minute, though. He was a very active person - he stayed at home, but was always doing work on the house, on the cars, or in the garage, and always walked his two dogs while his wife worked out of the home. On a Friday night, he went into the hospital because he wasn't feeling well, and was very sore all over. The next morning he found out he had stage IV cancer, and the Monday morning he had passed away. He didn't even make it 3 days from finding out to passing.

Why am I telling this story? At least you know and you can get all your ducks in a row, and you are able to live your life to the fullest extent you can until your time comes. This man passed so suddenly, I think his wife is just now coming to terms with it (about 8 months later).
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Learn to use Swagbucks - easy - HERE
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I quit 10 yrs ago
    Learn to use Swagbucks - easy - HERE
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

your story has brought me to tears. Thank you so much for sharing. I lost a dear co-worker & friend today from cancer. She was a smoker most of her life. She had cervical cancer five years ago and they found out in october she had lung cancer. It eventually spread to her brain and mouth and she was doing chemo and radiation but stopped because she said the pain wasn't worth it when she knew she was going to die. She was in her early 60's and was a quick witted funny woman. We loved her so much. Enjoy every single minute you have left with your family and never give up hope.

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

I lost my Mom to lung cancer 4 years ago. Her story is similar to yours, she had back pain that wouldn't go away. I hope that by sharing your story some here will consider quitting. It's never too late and there are health benefits IMMEDIATELY after quitting.

Designer clothes (including kids) at great prices! Be my first Haute Look referral!
    http://www.hautelook.com/invite/CShaw223

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have never been a smoker but my father was and a lot of my friends are. I truly pray that your story will encourage others to quit. It was a very brave thing to do, to tell your story on a public web-site but thankfully you did. May you know that by doing so you might just cause someone else to quit and therefore save a life. God Bless you at this difficult time.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Bless you for sharing..I lost my Dad at 56..too young...Let them all know you LOVE them..our last months were very special..I wish the same for you..
    Gaylene
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm 28 now and I have been smoking for 16 years..since I was 12. Way to young to have started and its sad to know I've been smoking for over half of my life. I've been wanting/trying to quit for a long time now and just needed that extra push to do it. Your post has given me that extra push I needed. Now I'm definitely going to quit. When the going gets tough and I want to smoke I'll remember this post and remember how much you and your family are suffering because of smoking and that will help me to stop.

I don't know you and haven't been on here as long as many others who do know you. But I thank you for posting this. It takes a lot of courage to post something like this on a public forum.

I shall pray for you and your family and hope that God keeps you close and that in this final journey of your life you find all the love, hope, and comfort possible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information