User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: prince william and kate

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For the Stampede parade, I can't believe you can buy seats! Never heard of such a thing
    http://cs.calgarystampede.com/events/parade.html

Cool, Rick Hansen is the parade marshal.
    We always watch the parade on TV.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nice to know they are on Canadian soil!

Crazy with the media though - almost 1400 credentials given out, compared to 20 for the last queen's visit.

Interesting watching ET on US tv tonight - it was all about the clothes!

Beautiful dress she was wearing getting off plane - Canadian designer Erdem

At Rideau Hall

Laureen Harper; Prime Minister Stephen Harper; Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge; Sharon Johnston, wife of Gov. Gen. David Johnston; and Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge

Getting on plane in England, she was wearing Cdn designer Smythe les Vestes jacket over a dress by French label Roland Mouret. Jacket sold out everywhere once it was seen - has a really cool cut out at the back hem.

YUM on their dinner tonight, made by young chefs

The savoury menu included Salt Spring Island goat cheese and rhubarb beignets, Quebec cheese and Saskatoon fruit wine fondue, potato-crusted Alberta yak tartar, and dried Ontario pear and bitter chocolate cream cups.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm watching the ceremony right now, Kate looks just beautiful! Oh and William doesn't look too shabby either

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The program was really nice - and gosh, the two of them smile the whole time!
    Can't wait to see them more on the casual side tonight!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Pretty dress for the evening -

V-neck Issa Jersey dress

Awesome pics of the day on UK Daily Mail site

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...1-red-hot.html

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

A-hole seperatist protestors in town today. Poor people waiting and hoping for a walk-a-about for hours didn't get a chance to see them. They were rushed into the culinary institute. Although one little girl was picked out of the crowd to give her flowers.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So very sad that protesters had to ruin things.... wish their protests could have been done by them just ignoring the royal visit, and staying away!

Patty, glad to see you are interested in the royal visit!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    A-hole seperatist protestors in town today. Poor people waiting and hoping for a walk-a-about for hours didn't get a chance to see them. They were rushed into the culinary institute. Although one little girl was picked out of the crowd to give her flowers.
    I saw that and the kid was cute. However, I didn't see you there nor in Quebec City yet.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quebec City looks like a beautiful place to visit.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

you can tell william is a tad nervous he keeps playing with his tie and suit button (almost like he doesn't know what to do with his hands) and kate is doing really well for her first major royal duties with some minor guidance by will (they do see very well knit and touchy.. no holding hands but he guides her gently and she reassures him) she seems genuinely happy to be here and has put care into her outfits (Canadian designer, hat with maple leave and wearing red and white, the same pin the queen wore when she was here last year for canada day) but not enough care to seem high maintainance (the white dress was the dress from her engagement photos) i'm sure she knows the outfits she picks and what she wears will be highly talked about (and copies and sold out in stores)

i gotta say i knew she slimmed down for the wedding but OH MY is she looking thin.. in some of the dresses she has worn and the angle it looks like she's nearly frail! i don't see william as the type to make a negative comment about her weight (like his father did to Diana pushing her towards an eating disorder) but i do hope it's just my imagination running away with me and she isn't dealing with those demons
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I saw that and the kid was cute. However, I didn't see you there nor in Quebec City yet.

Nope I did not make it up the river. lol

Apparently there were only a few dozen protestors but they were very loud and in Quebec city the mayor made sure the seperatists, his words, wold be far away from the reception area.

By the way CBC is doing a crappy job covering it. They kept cutting away at crucial parts to interview some nucklehead.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So very sad that protesters had to ruin things.... wish their protests could have been done by them just ignoring the royal visit, and staying away!

Patty, glad to see you are interested in the royal visit!

I am hoping that William will finally embrace his duties and try to follow in Diana's foosteps with regard to charity work. She was really just starting to understand the sheer power she had to draw crowds and use it for good.

I read an article about a friend of hers who was having a charity function and he was worried that it would not be successful, Diana offered to show up and it was a huge success. She knew and what Kate has over Diana is an 10 year age differece when she was thrown into all this. Kate is prepared and she already knows her power, it shows. The red hat on Canada, the blue dress in Quebec city.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Landing in PEI

They have a busy day there!

Monday is packed with events.Up to 30,000 people are expected to crowd Charlottetown streets – a throng equal to the city’s entire population – in the morning as the royal couple is welcomed officially.
    Prince William will speak, there will be a walk-about and they will be photographed with actors dressed as the Fathers of Confederation.
    The day also includes search-and-rescue demonstrations, a beach picnic and cultural events hosted by the province and a dragon-boat race at Dalvay-by-the-sea that will pit the newlyweds against each other.
    In the early evening, the royal couple departs Summerside, PEI, bound for Yellowknife.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information