User Tag List

Page 74 of 272 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 4070
Like Tree9953Likes

Thread: Dollarama Grabs!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I forgot to mention that a couple wks ago, I came across some great stuff! I got Betty Crocker icing kits. Wilton Pie things, lol, like a press to make mini pies if you know what I mean. I got a box of dinosaur cookie cutters and a box of 'transportation' cookie cutters.
    sweetmomma and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I often wonder about the plastic fumes in those stores... Can't be healthy. Other stores don't smell that way!

There have been recalls of items sold there... poisonous counterfeit toothpaste, contaminated baby and makeup wipes, lead in baby products. A manager wouldn't always be aware of where everything came from or how it was made. Great if there are products (like chips and brand-name chocolate bars) you KNOW are safe and are coming from the usual channels.
    Funny you say that, today I walked into the Dollarama with my brother-in-law and he was like "I love the way the Dollar stories smell like plastic.." (a bit odd, I know) but I never noticed the odor until he pointed it out today!

I'd also like to point out that those recalls did not -just- happen at the dollarama, other stores had to remove products from the shelves also.

As for the deals I found today:
    Lots of name brand school suplies for $1-$3 (Crayola crayons, markers, pencil crayons, bic pens, sharpie markers/hilighters, etc.)
    My little golden book puzzles $2
    Hardcover children's books $1.25

Name:  godenbook.jpg
Views: 5352
Size:  16.0 KB
    anisa likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's a lot of stuff!
    Also, if there is more than 1 in your city, well worth the trips!
    Each store tends to carry a little bit different extras so definitely look around.
    I know for Saint John (NB) the North End one is pretty good but the Parkway Mall one has a bunch of different stuff.
    scbpooh and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Man I'd rather buy food at Dollarama than Zellers. At least unlike Zellers not all their cans are bulging and dented.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Winnipeg downtown Portage store - Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD and Leapfrog Talking words factory DVD - 3$ each. These are highly rated on Amazon and you can check out the content on Youtube first. Very good DVD for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. Suggested retail price is about 14$. On sale now at Amazon.ca for about 5-7$
    http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/ju...21223/cat80050
    Name:  dvd_letterfactory_00_s1_39880.jpg
Views: 4347
Size:  32.0 KB

http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/ju...egoryNav=false
    Name:  dvd_talkingwords_00_s6_39881.jpg
Views: 6577
Size:  55.2 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Man I'd rather buy food at Dollarama than Zellers. At least unlike Zellers not all their cans are bulging and dented.
    or covered in mouse crap... but that's a whole other story....

p.s. this is my favorite thread keep posting everyone!

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I finally bought the nail stamping kit........I love it!!! I went to Walmart right after the Dollarama, and saw the exact same kit for $14.96.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian.mere View Post
    Went in today for sponges and found another new item that I'm excited to try! It's the Wilton breakfast sandwich pan for $3. This is the exact same one.
    http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2105-08.../dp/B00AA5AAZA
    The wilton pan, works great. Made breakie for the whole fam, and they loved it. Think I'll try my own waffle recipe next time though, although I was missing the maple extract. Not crazy on their recipe, but LOVE the pan!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OK I've already tie dyed my king sized bed sheets (came out amazing!) and ive done at least 5 shirts. and a hoode! i'm going to do a chair cover next. those tie dye kits are awesome!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stores are not allowed to sell dented cans, so if you ever see them you should complain. They can actually be written up by the health department for it.
    ericaraina and xssavings like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ok, went in for my usual weekly items today (gum for my husband, etc) and found more goodies! Going to head back in on pay day and pick up some and will share pics. Here are items I saw today that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

*Starfrit salt/pepper mill, $3. I can't find a picture of it anywhere online but it's a dual mill, does both salt and pepper with the one mill. I'm going to pick this one up.

*Rubbermaid ice packs for kids (well adults too I suppose!). I remember seeing the ladybug, peace sign, frog and monkey but can't remember the price. This is the exact one. http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Blu.../dp/B004LWACQK

*large Mason jars (actual Mason jar), $1 each. I have no idea if this is a good price or not.

*3-pack smaller mason jars (not Mason brand but still nice!)...um I think it was $2 for the set of three.

*Bearpaws $2, Goldfish chocolate chip $2, Oasis 3-pack orange juice drinking boxes $1, Groesch (spelling) non-alcoholic beer that I think were $1.50

*boxed sets of invitations and blank cards. They are by Carlton Cards and are really nice!! I especially liked some blue polka dot ones I saw today but had no reason to buy them. Oh and I didn't realize that they actually get all their greeting cards from Carlton Cards. Today when I was there, there was a Carlton Card rep in there doing the cards. The card I bought actually has $4.99 on the back! I've noticed that the quality of cards has improved greatly over the past year there!

*Licensed cupcake cups with the little decorative piece that you stick in the top of the cupcake. These were really nice. I noticed Disney Princess ones but didn't look through to see if there were others. I'm almost positive this is the set I saw and I think they were only $1
    http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princes...s=cupcake+cups

*Staedtler marker set! $3. I don't know if this is the exact set but it was similar. http://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Trip...pd_sim_sbs_t_1

*Quartet dry-erase marker set, $3. Bought this set and it's super nice. I love me some colourful dry-erase markers! It's this exact set!
    http://www.amazon.com/Quartet-Double...+erase+markers

Gotta go finish supper but I'll try to think of more and post later!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

If anyone sees the Wilton breakfast pan in Montreal, PLEASE let me know!!!! Thanks.

I love this thread!!!!!

Melanie

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by leda View Post
    Something that made me and my son happy today; Hamster Webkinz for $2.50. I started looking for these the other day and ordered a couple online at Chapters. $2.50 even beats the sale Chapters had on a couple.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/s...kinz&suggest=1

My dollarama had the peace one, brown one, sparkly pink, purple, leopard print purple, halloween one and an easter one.
    I got a pug webkinz for $3 at a dollarama too! i remember them having i think a frog and I can't remember. I just love pugs and didn't realize that webkinz toys cost double than what i paid! For anyone who's interested I found them at the dollarama by vaughnmills.

Quote Originally Posted by MelSprag View Post
    If anyone sees the Wilton breakfast pan in Montreal, PLEASE let me know!!!! Thanks.

I love this thread!!!!!
    OMG if anyone sees the pan or the zumba weights in the Markham area, please let me know!
    Last edited by kerpao; Thu, Aug 8th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Even though we no longer have Zellers, I stopped buying food from there the day I saw a mouse run across the floor in one if the food aisles.... !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

need a new salt/pepper mill...will look for this one. I purchased one from CT awhile back for around $15 with the salt and pepper included.[QUOTE=canadian.mere;5576792]
    *Starfrit salt/pepper mill, $3. I can't find a picture of it anywhere online but it's a dual mill, does both salt and pepper with the one mill. I'm going to pick this one up.

Page 74 of 272 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast

Thread Information