User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I'll update this thread as soon as I hear back, but as of now they are NOT giving $ back or applying it to purchases. I talked with the assistant manager, and he is calling to verify with HO tomorrow morning. As soon as he has an answer he will get back to me & I will post here.

Fingers crossed that after this the ENTIRE store will be made aware of policy changes & no more cashier fights. The lady at CS today actually told me "there's no way I'm going to give you the product for free" ha. We'll see.

**UPDATE**
    I just talked to Kevin (who you need to ask for if you have trouble!) and I'm going in this afternoon to make my first "cash applied to other items" purchase!!!! Yeah!!! Now to make sure WM south is on board and we're set!!! (I suppose we can just have them call the North WM - who actually did the research). He said the email from Maria matched their new internal communications... he's in until 6 today
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Jaysmom; Mon, Apr 11th, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Superpoints invite: http://superpoints.com/refer/Invitetoken Invitetoken

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is the new coupon policy?

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

Yes i'm calling my walmart first thing tomorrow morning to see what's happening lol
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysmom View Post
    I'll update this thread as soon as I hear back, but as of now they are NOT giving $ back or applying it to purchases. I talked with the assistant manager, and he is calling to verify with HO tomorrow morning. As soon as he has an answer he will get back to me & I will post here.

Fingers crossed that after this the ENTIRE store will be made aware of policy changes & no more cashier fights. The lady at CS today actually told me "there's no way I'm going to give you the product for free" ha. We'll see.

WM North... waas the lady indian or the like? (not sure how else to communicate my lack of knowledge, lol)... she gave me a few good laughs so far, hehehehe.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    What is the new coupon policy?
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/194986-...ck-out-canada/
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

There was two of them, lol. Both talking about how I couldn't even use the coupon. I wish I grabbed names, but one was Caucasian & the other was ?? Indian ?? (from India) I think...not sure. But the manager was very nice & promised to keep me up to date. I pray one of them at least is working when I get to apply my overage to some milk, lol!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I printed out the coupon policy the other day. I am taking it to the South Wal-mart tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it goes over well. I am going to ask first and hope to get all the kinks out before I bring my items to the till.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Let us know!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I will for sure. You let us know how it goes at the North too. maybe we can get this all figured out. That would be nice.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Update!!!!!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I took my printout to Wal-mart south this morning. They have a new coupon policy out. It has 2 pages and is at each cashiers till. i read it and it exactly matches the on-line except for the part about cash back or applying it to other purchases. The co-manager at wal-mart south said he would look into it after lunch with the front end manager. Hopefully there will be good news there as well.
    The part I especially liked about the new policy is that it says you can use 1 coupon for each item purchased. So if I am buying 4 of something instead of the cashier saying its 1 per item so I couldn't use 3 more coupons on the other 3 items. I can now. No more doing 4 seperate transactions. WHOOHOO. Unless of course it states 1 coupon per transaction which a few do. Anyway I am so happy that the cashiers all have this info handy now.
    Now just to wait about the cashback! I see Gillette travel foam in my future. I just want cash back once.LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

THANKS GUYS!!!!!! Both of you (Coley & Jaysmom) for looking out for us, and taking the time to talk with management about the new coupon policy Greatly appreciated!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Ah hahaha.
    Wow is all I can say!
    Thanks ladies for doing research and getting jiggy with it!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Confirmed. Wal-Mart south will give you cash back or apply the overages to your other products being purchased. WHOOHOO

I am sure there will be cashiers for awhile that won't know about it. But hopefully within a week or 2 everyone will be infomed.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Ugh, I was at WM south today & bought 3 gilltette foams (only product left for "common" overages). Anyways... Get to the till & the girl has to go over the coupon carefully - fair enough. Then she has to call a supervisor over b/c she hadn't heard of the 'overages' policy. The supervisor hadn't heard of it either. Ugh. But, it was busy, so she said "yeah, go ahead." Now for the interesting part: the cashier says "sorry, they're really coming down on us and are really strict with coupons now. They even released a huge new policy to make sure everything is done right - we almost always have to check with a supervisor or we get in trouble."

EEKK!!! I think the intent of the new policy is being completely misconstrued by lower levels of management. It was implimented to make sure that couponers don't face trouble at the tills and also to make Walmart more coupon friendly. It seems to be having the opposite effect. People think the policy was issued to better regulate (negative connotations) coupons & place stricter controls on them.

It's like a game of telephone gone wrong now cashiers are scared because they think WalMart wants to be less coupon friendly.
    Last edited by Jaysmom; Sun, Apr 17th, 2011 at 07:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information