User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I've no advice to add that hasn't been said already but since we're on the topic I'll throw in my BC pill/vasectomy story. After we had our first 2 children I still wanted a third but DH really wasn't sure. When I needed another pack of BC pills I told him I'm getting older and don't want to be on BC pills any longer (over 30 and a smoker) so he could either go in for a vasectomy or we have a third and since I have C sections, they could do my tubes then after delivery since they're already in there. He didn't pick up my pack of pills that day and we have 3 girls He really didn't want to go in for a snip n clip. Why are guys so scared of it? It's so much easier then having your tubes done unless like me, they're already in there doing something else.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by poppleton View Post
    A little off topic, but that above link may not contain entirely true information, as being on the pill does not guarantee a complete cessation of ovulation. Some researchers think many as 10%+ of women taking the pill for year will see "break-through" ovulation, where the pill directions were followed exactly and ovulation still occurs (and therefore pregnancy can as well).
    I've only heard about 2%. But a lot of times its because the person needed to be on a higher dose pill to regulate their bodies and or weren't taking it as directed. Thats why theres so many different dosages/brands. Of course anything can happen, but there is no need to "shed" or anything.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Apr 18th, 2011 at 08:21 AM.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Have you ever tried going off the pill? After my DH had his snip I decided to stop the pill that I had been on for 18yrs. I originally took it because cramping was so bad but I guess as I got olderand had kids something changed so my periods are very 'normal' now. It did take about 6 months for my body regulate itself and some days it was no walk in the park but I'm happy to be off the pill for good now.
    Whatever you choose just do your research. Good luck.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Just popping in to say if your DH isn't on the list to get the V yet, the sooner the better. We were told there is a 6-12 month waiting list in HRM. 10 months later and my DH is still waiting.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Mirena too, and I love it. I get my period for 1-2 days every 3-4 months and that's it. It's $300 for 3 years birth control and my medical through work covered it. I didn't have any bleeding when it went in or any problems at all.

I actually got it, not for birth control primarily but because I was having debilitating periods (they were so heavy that my iron levels would crash and I would get woozy and weak and that doesn't even get into the pain) and they've really stopped that entirely. I can't say enough good things about them.
    Last edited by JD in Van; Mon, Apr 18th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Just popping in to say if your DH isn't on the list to get the V yet, the sooner the better. We were told there is a 6-12 month waiting list in HRM. 10 months later and my DH is still waiting.
    Oh, gosh, that's a long wait. My husband got a referral to a urologist (his former one left the city), saw him within a month, then got booked for the vasectomy two weeks later. I know that was quick, even for Saskatoon!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, gosh, that's a long wait. My husband got a referral to a urologist (his former one left the city), saw him within a month, then got booked for the vasectomy two weeks later. I know that was quick, even for Saskatoon!
    That is quick for sure! The Halifax area has been in a crazy boom for babies the past 5 years, and that may be why there's such a long delay for a V. When I went in July to have my baby, I was told they average 10 babies born a day. If there is a big storm or disaster event, they count 9 months on the calender, circle the month and expect to be twice as busy busier.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

can i say....menopause ?....sorry , i feel sarcastic ....
    Last edited by Mia001; Mon, Apr 18th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caroman View Post
    Have you ever tried going off the pill? After my DH had his snip I decided to stop the pill that I had been on for 18yrs. I originally took it because cramping was so bad but I guess as I got olderand had kids something changed so my periods are very 'normal' now. It did take about 6 months for my body regulate itself and some days it was no walk in the park but I'm happy to be off the pill for good now.
    Whatever you choose just do your research. Good luck.
    My manager who had bad cramps like I do, was told that they'd get better after having children. I don't even know if I want any, so poop on me (mine get so bad that I can't follow a conversation...eep!)
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    My manager who had bad cramps like I do, was told that they'd get better after having children. I don't even know if I want any, so poop on me (mine get so bad that I can't follow a conversation...eep!)
    I use to have ones that were so bad I'd almost pass out from the pain. After baby one no cramps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby 2 they came back

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Wow, that's a crazy length of time to wait! We live in Dartmouth, but thankfullly DH is in the military and will get it done by his Dr on ship instead of having to go into a regular Dr.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    can i say....menopause ?....sorry , i feel sarcastic ....
    I can't wait! Thought I'd be like my sister, hit 50 and it would be done! However, my mom's was much later, but she had a kid at 45, so I always wondered if it was that which delayed menopause for her.

I've been in a combo of perimenopause combined with PCOS (symptoms overlap) for about 10 years. The last few my periods are torturously painful and heavy, but at least I get one every month now (thanks to being on metformin for two years).
    Last year my gynecologist suggested getting Mirena, but once I did lots of research, no way was I going to take those risks - so my choice was to live with what I have, hoping it would end fairly soon....

Yup, being paid back for all those years with light periods, or skipping months at a time, lol!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Really? The urologist told him to expect a wait of three or four months!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Well I personally am not one who likes to mess with my internal organs very much. I have had some issues with my insides in the past, and I have been put on several different BC

Tri cyclin pill (made me VERY sick, to the point where I would almost faint at work, nauseous all the time. It was AWFUL.)
    One day (before I had DD) I had my period, and I was actually hemorrhaging (sorry TMI) But literally, over flowing super pads AND tampons in like under 10 minutes. I really thought I was going to die from blood loss, I went to the hospital and the dr didnt even look at me, he gave me a perscription for BC and sent me home.. WHAT?? I WAS BLEEDING TO DEATH!!! lol
    That brings me to the Ortho Evra patch. I wore this for approximately a month, until I seen a commercial on TV that said "warning, if you or anybody you know is using ortho evra stop now and if you have any serious complications call this lawyer" SO that was the end of the patch.

after I had DD, my Dr. put me on Yasmine. It was working great, but I heard another one of those "if you or anyone you know" scenarios and I stopped taking it imediately(probably should have seen my Dr. but i was scared and didn't want to keep taking something that could have killed me)

I know people who were on the needle, which others have mentioned could cause weight gain(so could any BC) but I also heard there is an increased risk of ovarian cysts? I had a friend on the needle who had reoccurring problems with ovarian cysts and claimed it was due to the pill. Not sure how much fact is in it, but Im sure its not really GOOD to trick your body into thinking it pregnant all the time, to prevent what is supposed to naturally clean out our systems.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    if you get depo prevera ( which is the shot) your period will stop. you only need to get the shot every 3 months. Ive never been on it, But have heard side effects are wieght gain.
    I have been on the Depo Provera needle for 11 months now and I have spotted every day since I started taking it. Sometimes it is almost as heavy as a period. The only reason I am still on it is because I am breast feeding and it is the only other alteranative to taking the pill(which I am horrible at remembering and that is the reason why I have an 11 month old). So I am forced to stick it out until my son is a year old and I can try switching him to cows milk.

So Depo Provera can go either way, you may lose your period, or you may get it constantly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information