User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank-you, improperganda. That was really interesting. I had all kinds of self-esteem issues when I was growing up and still do in some ways. But it's honestly never occurred to me to compare that part of myself with others. (I just assumed they were all ugly. ) Seeing the wall of casts was really interesting because I had no idea that they were all so different.
    I felt such sadness for the girl who got surgery. I can't believe her sister and the guys laughing at her. How cruel!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I find it interesting that these girls have the funds to pay for this sort of cosmetic surgery. & what on earth are their parents thinking to allow this (surely a 14yr old needs parental consent?). I'm surprised this wasn't ged by a teacher (this behaviour reflects other issues & counselling *should* be a priority).

& who on earth are these girls comparing themselves to? stars? What are they watching to get these ideas?

Maybe I've just led a very sheltered life, but I can honestly say that I have never compared myself nor have any of my friends to some ideal model.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks for the link. I did watch about the first 20 minutes of it, but got distracted by shiny things. I like documentaries but had never been to that site before and I found myself cruising through the history/war ones.

I never would've thought to be self conscious about what it looks like down there. Guess I don't spend enough time with a mirror aimed in that direction.

I agree with Andit-- they'd have to be comparing themselves to stars because where else would you make the comparison unless you and your girl friends are hanging out in the locker room spread eagled and taking notes? or am I being naive? Leave it to to give people a completely unrealistic view of bodies, relationships, and sex.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Why would her sister of seen her vagina though? Does that not strike anyone as odd? My sisters never seen mine... why would she?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Realistically speaking, now a days by the time kids are 11 they have been exposed to ography.

HELL, 20 years ago we had all seen by the time we were 11. I remember, clearly, finding a friend's dad's o stash and us looking at them and being kinda revolted but at the same time awed, cause our bodies didn't look like that.

Media also doesn't leave much to the imagination, you don't even need to go to , gossip mags are full of pictures of Paris Hilton getting out of a limo with out her panties on and so on and so forth. Frankly, girls have access really to only what is unrealistic to compare themselves to and nothing that's actually realistic to.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JD in Van View Post
    Media also doesn't leave much to the imagination, you don't even need to go to , gossip mags are full of pictures of Paris Hilton getting out of a limo with out her panties on and so on and so forth. Frankly, girls have access really to only what is unrealistic to compare themselves to and nothing that's actually realistic to.
    That's exactly what it is. Woman don't generally show them off to each other, so where else would they be looking. I guess that area is also more of a focus than it was when I was in high school. As far as I know, waxing wasn't in back then. Girls are also more sexually active now. And then you've got idiots, like that painter, telling young women that they don't quite measure up for the games he wants to play. Maybe I was a bit sheltered where I grew up, but nobody talked about what they looked like down there. So it just wasn't an issue.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JD in Van View Post
    Realistically speaking, now a days by the time kids are 11 they have been exposed to ography.

HELL, 20 years ago we had all seen by the time we were 11. I remember, clearly, finding a friend's dad's o stash and us looking at them and being kinda revolted but at the same time awed, cause our bodies didn't look like that.

I don't believe that sorry. My sons almost 12 and hasn't seen any ography, if you think Im just being naive i'm not.

I just have to disagree too about all stars having perfect looking jayjays. Theres one famous star off the top of my head thats in Hustler all the time with huge huge wing dings, I can actually think of quite a few that don't have any alterations. (Yes Ill be the first to admit im a pervert lmao) Ive seen a lot of different jayjays in mags movies etc and I never once thought I should get mine to be different. I love my gina I guess. I don't know what gossip mags your looking at but the ones I seen were always censored lol.
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Apr 19th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

After reading all the comments on here, I decided to do alittle research of my own. Here are a few comments I've found on girls being embarassed about their vaginas.

“Being sexually active, I have become more conscious about my vagina. I am very concerned about the physical appearance of my vagina. It’s really embarrassing. There’s extra skin on the left side of my vagina that hangs down, it’s kind of wrinkly, and it’s stretchy. It did not appear out of nowhere, I’ve had it for a long time. Is it normal? or is something bad that I should have removed? Please help me. I’m very confused and embarrassed.”

“I’ve read a lot of your articles on labia but I still can’t seem to get the thought of my own out of my head. Mine are big and noticeable which I know are normal but still bother me. I think it looks gross in certain underwear and I am very insecure about it. At times I even try to tuck them in so you can see them. I am 16 and started noticing this about a year or so ago. I am not sure if I was always like this or not. I’ve been with this guy for about 8 months and hes been down there with his hands and what not but I am a virgin and I was very skeptical about even letting him preform oral sex on me because of the reaction that he might have thinking it’s disgusting. About a week ago at his house things started to get serious but kept my hands covering my vagina because I was nervous. He was confused at why I would do that and told me he really want to give me oral sex and I really wanted to. I eventually let him and he did not say one thing bout my larger labia. I was very surprised and pleased but couldn’t shake the idea of what he really thought. I still consider surgery when I turn 18 for myself. I just cannot get the thought that I look gross out of my mind. I really need help on what I should do.”

“Is it normal to have long inner vagina lips? Do guys like longer inner lips? Mine are about half an inch longer than the outer ones. All the vaginas I’ve seen, the inner lips are hidden by the outer ones, and mine aren’t..I’m really embarrassed.”

http://enlightenedmale2000.com/2010/...-normal-labia/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think some it is hard wired, to wonder how we measure up to others. When I took gender studies we had to interview a woman about body image issues. At the time my daughter was 3 and rather then interviewing an adult woman, I interviewed her. Now this didn't have to do with sex or sexual organs (though I did ask her how babies were made to see what she said which was adorable, and she did know about child birth after watching our cat have kittens not so long before).

Now. I don't and have never owned a scale. I do not diet. I do make a concerted effort to distinguish between healthy foods and junk foods BUT I have never said to my daughter 'that will make you fat', I've always focused on the health aspect when it comes to life style, fitness and such, never body shape. In my house we rarely close doors (even more so then when she was little) and I've always tried to role model confidence and acceptance.

And even with all this I was SHOCKED and FLOORED by the things my daughter at the tender age of three had come up with. She had even at that age very firm (and unrealistic) ideas about body shape, gender and expectations. Things I can only image she picked up from watching other people interact around her and had extrapolated on her own. At THREE! It was something that even in creating an environment where it was a non issue, she was both curious about and extremely attentive to.

Now she's 11 and more easily embarassed then she was when she was younger. I often wonder what sort of things she internalizes about body image. Unfortunately going into the teen years I don't expect she'll tell me everything, I sure as heck never told my mother what I really thought about those things.
    Last edited by JD in Van; Tue, Apr 19th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by improperganda View Post
    After reading all the comments on here, I decided to do alittle research of my own. Here are a few comments I've found on girls being embarassed about their vaginas.

http://enlightenedmale2000.com/2010/...-normal-labia/
    Its not that huge of an issue is all im trying to say. There will always be people complain about something on them no matter wether were a positive or negative society.

It's way more of an issue to boys about their penises imo.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I don't believe that sorry. My sons almost 12 and hasn't seen any ography, if you think Im just being naive i'm not.
    I do think you're being naive. Sorry.

If he goes to school outside of your house. If he goes over to friends and you're not there. I assure you he knows and has seen more than you imagine.

Statistically speaking, the bulk of our kids will have lost their virginity by 17 and a decent amount of them closer to 13-14 (30% of boys, 20% of girls have lost their virginity by their 14th birthday). We live in a world where 12 year olds are giving and getting blow jobs. Where 13 year olds are sexually active. Not all kids are active at that age, but they certainly are exposed to and know about it.

That's reality. I know they're young. I know they look so small and innocent. But this is the facts.

If you don't think in some moment some where he had a friend who was like 'look what I found on my computer last night' and googles 'boobies' to show him, you are being naive. Or 'look what I found in dad's search history' or what ever. If that day hasn't come yet, it will very soon.

That's why it's important to start talking to your children about sexuality as young as possible.

I think all parents should take this test and read the info at the end of it, there's a really good book referenced called the The Real Truth About Teens & Sex:

http://www.canadianfamily.ca/article...want-you-know/

Also good resource for parents:

http://www.sexualityandu.ca/en/parents
    Particularly: http://www.sexualityandu.ca/en/paren...childhood-9-12
    Last edited by JD in Van; Wed, Apr 20th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I didn't watch the video, but I'll put my input. Woman are expected to look a certain way, and I have been told on numerous occasions (by men), to do this or that, get waxed like that etc. It's...unnerving to say the least, because I'm under the impression, because of these men, that I'm not "desirable" because I don't want to do "this or that" (obviously nothing like surgery). I'm not trying to let it affect me, but it is depressing.

Sally, I don't think my mom knows this, BUT, the first time I saw ? I was around ten. The first time I saw that my twin brother had nudie pics? 12. Maybe your son really hasn't, but I doubt it's something he'd proudly announce at the dinner table.

While I don't surgery will ever be a big problem, the glamorization of women in media does have a negative impact. And sure, it's been going on for decades, but it hasn't been solved. So the discussion is not over. (I mean, how young are teens getting fake tans these days??)
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I didn't watch the video, but I'll put my input. Woman are expected to look a certain way, and I have been told on numerous occasions (by men), to do this or that, get waxed like that etc. It's...unnerving to say the least, because I'm under the impression, because of these men, that I'm not "desirable" because I don't want to do "this or that" (obviously nothing like surgery). I'm not trying to let it affect me, but it is depressing.

Sally, I don't think my mom knows this, BUT, the first time I saw ? I was around ten. The first time I saw that my twin brother had nudie pics? 12. Maybe your son really hasn't, but I doubt it's something he'd proudly announce at the dinner table.

While I don't surgery will ever be a big problem, the glamorization of women in media does have a negative impact. And sure, it's been going on for decades, but it hasn't been solved. So the discussion is not over. (I mean, how young are teens getting fake tans these days??)
    I was 11 when I first saw nudie pics. My friend's dad had quite the collection of nudie mags in his house and noooo....I definitely did not announce that at the dinner table to my folks. Staunch Roman Catholic upbringing; my parents woulda told me to "get thee to a nunnery."

Oh...the glamorization of women in the media. Don't get me started on that. I could rant for hours about the media and their unrealistic expectations for "the perfect woman." Just as an example? How anorexic women in the media have become in the last 20 years. We watched the original Karate Kid movie last night and at one point, I leaned over and whispered to my DH, "You know, by today's media standards, Elizabeth Shue in this movie would be considered 'fat.'"

Oh the glamorization of women in the media. Argh. I have to leave now because my blood pressure is rising!!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hm, I hate to be argumentative, but I wonder whether these girls would simply have found some other body part to obsess over if this surgical option hadn't been available to them?

I still question where they are getting these ideas. I'm the child of eastern European parents, so some things were a little less strict for me. I was having a small glass of beer with dinner by the time I hit kindergarten - by the time my friends were teens & dying to have a drink, I could care less. My folks also took me to all sorts of R rated flicks when I was young (ok, so these days that stuff is on prime time, back then it was scandalous).

It never dawned on me to save up my pennies & have cosmetic surgery to make myself more appealing or dye my hair or even to style it differently. & it wasn't cause my parents kept telling me I was perfect - my Mom insisted I get on the stationary bike each evening for a half hour before my fav TV show to "get in shape" & my Dad teased me mercilessly about everything, including my appearance. A few years back when I took a tumble down some stairs & broke my arm & smashed my face in the concrete (face was swollen but luckily nothing was broken) - when my Dad came to get me from emergency, he started calling me Ms Wannabe PotatoHead (started off as "your nose has been replaced by a crooked potato" & went downhill from there ). When I had the transplant, the teasing was even more intense - I had IVs in both arms & on the sides of my neck. My Dad still calls me Frankenstein's monster.

I wonder, tho. I was also never bullied (don't remember anyone else in my class who was). Maybe I was too busy with my nose stuck in a book to notice the wannabe mean girls of my time.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

You have way too much time on your hands if you are sitting there worrying about your vagina and what it looks like.

When I was teenager the last thing I was thinking was "Man, my vagina looks weird" I was too busy out having fun and going to school.

These childrens parents need to book them some after school activities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information