User Tag List

Page 7646 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 6646 7146 7546 7596 7636 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7656 7696 7746 8146 8646 ... LastLast
Results 114,676 to 114,690 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Exhausted on a Friday? There’s a nap for that

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dear Santa....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    good evening, qt's

Attachment 259177
    Cheers!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FRESNO, Calif. -- Deputies have arrested four young men -- one adult and three juveniles -- suspected of breaking into a California chicken ranch and killing more than 900 birds with a golf club.
    Fresno County sheriff's officials acting on several tips Wednesday tracked down 18-year-old Gabriel Quintero of Riverdale. Also taken into custody were two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old.
    All have been booked on charges of burglary and felony cruelty to animals.
    Fresno Sheriff's Department spokesman Christian Curtice said he cannot release information about what prompted the killing of the chickens. He didn't anticipate any more arrests and said he did not know if the suspects had attorneys.
    Investigators say the suspects pulled back a fence on Sept. 20 to break into a Foster Farms, a poultry company. Once inside the barn, they beat 920 chickens to death with a golf club and possibly another blunt instrument, investigators said.
    The suspects were caught by detectives from a special Fresno-based agriculture task force, a sheriff's unit established to investigate farming-related crimes in the nation's leading agra-business county, with $5 billion in annual revenues.
    Not all the chickens at the facility were killed, said Foster Farms spokesman Ira Brill, noting the barns typically have several thousand chickens inside. He said Thursday that as a chicken producer certified by the American Humane Association, the company takes the incident seriously.
    "This disturbs us all," Brill said. "It appears to be a very senseless act of animal cruelty."
    The suspects were not employees or related to employees. The company is working with law enforcement to distribute a $5,000 reward.
    The Animal Defence League also offered a $5,000 reward, and officials there said they would be in touch with the Fresno Sheriff's Department.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/world/4-californ...#ixzz3F8gaFDAl

christ the bad cruel stuff never ends - as if their life wasn't bad enough at a chicken farm with thousands of chickens being raised for food, but to be beaten to death - I don't know what is worse to live like that and then be slaughtered alive or that - it's all very, very horrible and it's people who put these poor beings through this ........ - it really needs to stop and I really wish it would be in my lifetime but somehow I doubt it.........

"an act of cruelty" yes, of course but what about how they are being raised for food at that bloody chicken farm come on!!!!! poor poor chickens however you look at it, disturbs the hell out of me!!!!

Last edited by ecat444; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
    madchives, Andit, rockit and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Burning my way through another year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Elton John, Beach Boys, Eagles Wembley Stadium June 1975

Posted June 24, 2013 by vintagerock in Beach Boys, Chaka Khan, Eagles, Elton John, Joe Walsh, Stackridge. Tagged: classic rock, concert, concerts, gig, gigs, music, pop, rock, rock n roll. 49 Comments
    Elton John, Beach Boys, Eagles Wembley Stadium June 1975
    Line-up (pretty great actually): Elton John, The Beqch Boys, Eagles, Joe Walsh, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, Stackridge, DJ and compere Johnnie Walker. This was a big gig for Elton John. He had just changed his band, with only Davey Johnstone remained from the previous line-up, and was about to release a new album Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. I went down to London with a couple of mates and we stayed at a friend’s flat in Acton. We spent a couple of days in the capital before the concert and went to see Ducks Deluxe at the Marquee club, which was pretty good fun, except one of our party took ill and we spent half the night in hospital. The Wembley concert had an amazing line-up with Stackridge opening the day, Mutter Slater on his usual top form. Next up were Rufus who featured Chaka Khan, and delivered some funky soul rhythms. The rest of the bill featured Joe Walsh (Rocky Mountain Way was a big crowd favourite) and then the Eagles who performed all their hits and were joined by Jackson Brown on piano for Take it Easy. But the day belonged to one band: the Beach Boys who transformed the London stadium into sunny California and had us singing along to endless hit after hit. They went down a storm and Elton had a lot to live up to. This was one day when Elton made the wrong call. He decided to devote the majority of the set to playing the new Captain Fantastic album in its entirety. Now remember the album had only just been released and most of the crowd won’t have known any of the track. This didn’t go down well with the crowd, who were up for a greatest hit set, particularly after the Fun Fun Fun of the Beach Boys. People started to leave the stadium in their droves, including us. We made our way back to Acton where a couple of the flatmates were having a domestic. We decided to avoid that and set off on our 250 mile drive home, getting back in the early hours of the next morning. Setlist: Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding; Rocket Man; Candle in the Wind; The ***** Is Back; Dixie Lily; Philadelphia Freedom; Chameleon; Bennie and the Jets; Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds; I Saw Her Standing There; Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy; Tower of Babel; Bitter Fingers; Tell Me When the Whistle Blows; Someone Saved My Life Tonight; (Gotta Get A) Meal Ticket; Better Off Dead; Writing; We All Fall in Love Sometimes; Curtains; Pinball Wizard; Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting

================================================== ======================================

June 21, 1975 – my all-time favourite concert at a sold out (120,000) Wembley Stadium in England.

I borrowed a Honda bike and a buddy and me rode 100 miles down to London for the whole day event. Cost of ticket was 3 pounds 50

Elton John debuted Captain Fantastic album in its entirety as well as his greatest previous hits. Other highlights for me were Joe Walsh (solo); Eagles with guest Jackson Browne and Beach Boys – original line up.

What a bargain and experience.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning

Name:  images (11).jpg
Views: 96
Size:  1.6 KB

Burning my way through another year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning Q-sters

Off to the clinic for some bloodwork...

Enjoy Caturday...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning

saw this last night on letterman, and reminded me why i really should be a vegetarian again
    takes simon a while to get there but i liked the whole bit.

thanks ecatt for the posts, am going to sign those petitions, as for the assholes, as always
    one thinks serial murderers. so signing,,,
    Last edited by madchives; Sat, Oct 4th, 2014 at 08:47 AM. Reason: forgot words, ooopppssss etc.
    if you have some spare time

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning my Q friends. Have a Happy Caturday.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

happy birthday susan

warning this video is apparently x-rated - i had to remember how to sign
    in to youtube

Rocky Horror Picture Show - Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch me

http://youtu.be/jfKe0weme68

looks a little damp outside, i wonder why,,,
    my slightly xrated post for october
    promising to try to be not xrated for a while

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

and happy birthday gil

so much more than a drummer, but quite the drummer and singer

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Went to Todmorden Mills yesterday. There was an art exhibit on that was quite clever - a series of paintings depicting idioms and you had to guess what it was. My favourite showed 2 dogs lying in the street, one had his eyes open a slit and was staring at a shoe in the bottom left-hand corner. "Let sleeping dogs lie" was beautifully done with such fine detail. Not sure how long the exhibit will be on, but if you're in the neighbourhood, it's worth checking out (& free admission).

A friend came over last night & we were up way past my bedtime chatting & drinking wine. Needless to say, I don't have the energy to take Quincy cat to be blessed at St James today (wouldn't want to fall asleep during the ceremony, besides it hasn't made Quincy holy in the past, why would it help now? ). Brats and houseguest are all sleeping soundly now (Quincy was tormenting Lily dog earlier when she tried to look out the window to see whether the ground was wet and decide if it was ok to go out). Think I should probably go lie on the couch or on the floor with the cat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

Name:  love Sat mornings.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  24.1 KB
    heartgirl99, Andit, rockit and 3 others like this.

Thread Information