User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just so you know..the 'big' city of St.Thomas takes then too CRAZY!!!! YIPPY!

rhondarichardson1 rhondarichardson1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I was there yesterday in Barrie Ontario and they had Axe,Dove,colgate,Milk bone just to name a few.I think I saw sunscreen for $2.
    That is so awesome that they take coupons they are NOT a Dollar store anymore more like a $2 dollar store lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone heard about Burlington or Hamilton? I can call today, just wondering if others have heard yet?

Oh, hello there.
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

That is truly unbelievable, and makes up for the stupid price increases!

My place is about to fill to the brim with free or nearly free junk. I better start making gift baskets ASAP.
    For $10 off for new customers at www.well.ca please use promo code KicklegsSmartestCanucks
    Surveys that pay! https://legerweb.com/RMBY0

Oh, hello there.
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

If anyone finds out about Welland, could y'all post it here? If you beat me to it, I mean
    For $10 off for new customers at www.well.ca please use promo code KicklegsSmartestCanucks
    Surveys that pay! https://legerweb.com/RMBY0

Trading Score
    437 (100%)

I called the one at Vaughan Mills location and they confirmed that they are now taking manufacturer coupons as well
    JOIN SWAGBUCKS AND START EARNING
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Ceren
    JOIN SUPERPOINTS AND START EARNING-25 BONUS POINTS-!!NEW!!
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/8pos4f

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Just called Dollarama at Orfus Road (just off Dufferin) in Toronto and they are taking them. Yay! Although the girl who first answered the phone didn't know - so I wouldn't expect all the cashiers to know how they work yet!

It was cute - I asked the guy if the rumor I heard about them taking coupons was true and he was like "yes! its true!" fairly enthusiastically

I'm so excited! Although this is probably not a good thing for my wallet

moneysaver
    Trading Score
    460 (100%)

Did anyone cheked any brampton location?are they taking coupons.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Gah, my local store doesn't seem to have a published phone number anywhere. I'd love to call them before driving out there, though I admit it's not very far.

It's such a random situation there regarding brand name products too, would have to bring a nice array of coupons and hope for the best.

It's definitely the kind of place that would have different offerings in each location. I'm sure this in response to DOllar Tree and Target as someone else mentionned. All the better for us! Thanks OP!
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I e-mailed asking if it was true that they now accepted manufacturer's coupons. This is what they said:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do accept manufacturer’s coupons – provided that these coupons are directly from the manufacturers and that we sell products that are subject to these coupons.
    Furthermore, there could be exceptions to this principle in regards to some specific products.

Thank you.

Rina Clarizio
    Représentante service à la clientèle
    Customer service representative
    DOLLARAMA L.P./S.E.C.

Can someone tell me what this means exactly?

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

bdkmosher - I LOVE you!!!! you are my new hero- I saw this thread and I thought, I just feel too crappy today to go check it out.
    I saw so many things there last time and wistfully thought about all the deals I could have gotten if only..........I'm so excited! thank you!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    Gah, my local store doesn't seem to have a published phone number anywhere. I'd love to call them before driving out there, though I admit it's not very far.

It's such a random situation there regarding brand name products too, would have to bring a nice array of coupons and hope for the best.

It's definitely the kind of place that would have different offerings in each location. I'm sure this in response to DOllar Tree and Target as someone else mentionned. All the better for us! Thanks OP!
    I googled the address and dollarama together in order to get the phone number for mine - it showed up on yelp.com or something like that. Isn't that weird that the store locator on the dollarama site doesn't list phone numbers? I guess they really don't want us calling the stores, lol!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I asked the cashier at the dollarama I go to about coupons and she said they don't accept them at their store hopefully they will someday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

wow, thanks so much for the post!!!
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

OK, so I went to my store. It did not go well. I'll paste my email to head office since that summarizes my experience ...

Hello,

Upon learning that Dollarama now accepts coupons, I decided to visit my local store and see what I could find. I asked an associate when I arrived to ensure they were aware of the new policy and she said "Yes we take coupons". I selected several items that I had valid coupons for (not expired, manufacturer coupons, not printed from the internet, matched to products as applicable - though some items were not as pictured on the coupon, they did meet the description, i.e. $1 off ANY St Ives lotion). I also added other non-coupon items to my purchase.

Every single coupon I had was rejected. This was very embarrassing and I'd like to get some clarity on the issues IF and when I decide to return to Dollarama ever again:

1. The store associates said they had to scan the coupons. Coupons from save.ca, brandsaver.ca and websaver.ca NEVER have bar codes on them. Therefore they did not accept this coupon even though they agreed it was for the correct item. How should these be processed?
    2. The coupon I had for Dawn had a barcode but the scan did not work. The associates claimed this was because the Dawn in the store did not match the picture on the coupon. No other store in Canada that accepts coupons follows this procedure. Obviously the item has to be for the correct product and size (if applicable) but since manufacturers make many different versions of their product, the description is what retailers will use to ensure the coupon is valid. Will Dollarama be following this policy or must the picture match exactly?
    3. The coupon I had for St Ives did not scan either. Again, the associates claimed it did not match the picture, but they also said 'You will get this item for free if you use this coupon, we can't let you have it for free." This is again contradictory to other Canadian retailer policies. While the consumer may get the item for free (technically not free as taxes are still payable), the retailer receives the funds back from the manufacturer. In this sense, coupons are tender, not a discount. Will Dollarama accept coupons even if it means the item will be 'free'?

I should add that these experiences relate to your store in London, Ontario located at 1860 Dundas St. There were 4 people at the cash trying to figure this out, including the store assistant manager.

I would very much appreciate some clarity on your procedures and policies, as I will not be returning to your store until I have this confirmed.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information