User Tag List

Page 105 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

AND....50 cupcakes for my baby shower order last Sunday in mauve & mint with lifesaver & jelly bean soothers!! Cupcakes were white chocolate & lemon! Name:  mauve babyshower.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  77.4 KB
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Kris, your own buffalo, or from a nearby ranch? I've had bison burgers, but never had dairy from one.

Not so much baking this morning, but making... no bake oatmeal/coconut cookies and puffed wheat cake.

Oh, wait - a story I just remembered, speaking of baking/not baking.

My mom grew up on a farm with a lot of sibs, and knew how to cook and bake. So, no problem when she and dad got married.

However, making a puffed wheat cake was new to her, so she followed a recipe, mixed it up, put it in a pan and baked it - she said the recipe didn't say at what temp and for how long, but she did it til she thought it was done. Well, lol, it was hard as a rock!
    More the Milk was cheap from Buffalo, NY Went on a shopping trip a few weeks ago
    SillyLoocie and Natalka like this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I made chocolate chip cookies. An old family favourite.

Loving those cupcakes that Lucy16076 made. It's so cool how people have such creative ideas for these important events in our lives. Back when I got married, it was just a cake that came from Dominion with "Showers of Happiness" written on it.

I also tried some fancy cake decorating with my sister-in-law's piping bag & tip. It's hard & intricate work. I went to plan b which was just smear the carrot cake with the cream cheese icing & try to make it look as swirly as possible.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I like your plan B Loocie, have used that myself many times. I made a small batch of those deceivingly delicious chick pea chocolate/peanut butter cookies. Used just a few of some Fair trade 71% cacao choc chips as the bag was crazy pricey!
    Made 9 GF muffins with fresh diced strawberries, hemp hearts and cacao nibs. Mmmm baked goods again, comforting for the gloomy weather this week.
    Natalka and Crochetlady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Banana avocado bread. I used to make muffins all the time but have switched over to loaves because it's just easier to clean a loaf pan than a muffin tin!
    Crochetlady and Silk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I really miss baking - and cooking. Can't wait for my cast to come off

Silk
    Natalka likes this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I think this will be my new GF go to bread! I have made it 2 times now and hubby is using to too. No yeast, no waiting, no fuss. I forget If I posted the recipe, so I'll post it again.

1 1/2 cups almond flour
    3/4 cup arrowroot powder
    1/4 cup golden flaxmeal
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    4 eggs
    1 tsp honey
    1 tsp apple cider vinegar

1. In medium bowl combine all dry ingredients
    2. In larger bowl blend eggs 3-5 min. until frothy
    3. Stir in honey and vinegar into eggs
    4. Mix DRY ingredients into WET
    5. Scoop batter into well greased bread loaf pan
    6. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes

When it is totally cooled off I slice it all, bagging it into Ziplocs, freezing most of them just to be safe,as bread does not move quickly enough here because of diet restrictions. Happy baking!
    Thanks for sharing, WOB. I have been looking an easy GF bread recipe. Is it your go-to recipe for GF bread because of the taste or more because it's easy - or hopefully both ? Btw, do you use an 8" or 9" loaf pan for this?

Silk
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Thanks for sharing, WOB. I have been looking an easy GF bread recipe. Is it your go-to recipe for GF bread because of the taste or more because it's easy - or hopefully both ? Btw, do you use an 8" or 9" loaf pan for this?

Silk
    Hi Silk

Yes it is that easy to make and that was the main reason I tried it the first time. Then when I tasted it I was wowed! An 8" pan will give a taller loaf, that was what I used. Also now I spray and line the pan with parchment so there is no way for it to fight me coming out.
    I do freeze the entire sliced loaf into ziplocks and use 1 or 2 slices at a time, I find that bread is not always in the days meals, so I do not want to risk it going moldy before I get to it. Enjoy!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, May 4th, 2014 at 01:41 AM.
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi Silk

Yes it is that easy to make and that was the main reason I tried it the first time. Then when I tasted it I was wowed! An 8" pan will give a taller loaf, that was what I used. Also now I spray and line the pan with parchment so there is no way for it to fight me coming out.
    I do freeze the entire sliced loaf into ziplocks and use 1 or 2 slices at a time, I find that bread is not always in the days meals, so I do not want to risk it going moldy before I get to it. Enjoy!!
    Thanks, WOB! Im very eager to try your recipe. We think alike - prefer no yeast, no waiting to rise and no kneading. And I also prefer taller I have all the ingredients except the golden flaxmeal - I have lots of regular flaxmeal but I`ve heard the golden makes a big difference in baked goods. Will have to check my stash of arrowroot powder too.

To clarify - do you spray the pan or the parchment paper?

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

first I spray just a touch of say canola spray pam into the bottom of the pan so the paper has something to cling to. I cut a longish strip of paper so the ends hang out and over each end of the pan placing that on top of the pam, then I use those ends to lift the bread out. How big did your eyes poke out at the price of almond flour!? lol!!
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

first I spray just a touch of say canola spray pam into the bottom of the pan so the paper has something to cling to. I cut a longish strip of paper so the ends hang out and over each end of the pan placing that on top of the pam, then I use those ends to lift the bread out. How big did your eyes poke out at the price of almond flour!? lol!!
    Those are great tips - thanks, WOB

I know - almond flour is sooo expensive. I recently bought two bags of Bob's Red Mill (the only brand I've seen here) - the cheapest price I've found here is $10.29/453g, but I was able to grab them when they were on sale for about $8.75. Then a couple of weeks later I went to a food show and they were $8 a bag! What does almond flour go for in your area?

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, May 4th, 2014 at 03:25 AM.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Those are great tips - thanks, WOB

I know - almond flour is sooo expensive. I recently bought two bags of Bob's Red Mill (the only brand I've seen here) - the cheapest price I've found here is $10.29/453g, but I was able to grab them when they were on sale for about $8.75. Then a couple of weeks later I went to a food show and they were $8 a bag! What does almond flour go for in your area?

Silk
    are you sitting down?
    At the Bulk barn I try to go when I have a $3.00 coupon to use WYS $10.00 and the last time the almond flour in the loose bin ( not a package) was $21.15 per kg. What DH and I do is we go as separate shoppers ( as if they don't know we are together )
    We are each armed with our own $3.00 coupon and buy just over $10.00 of stuff each. Then we hit another Bulk Barn and repeat. It is the only way to cut the prices down a bit. Also later this month they are having their wonderful Promo of get a $5.00 GC with every $15.00 purchase, so that is when we both might get just over $18.00 of things each, use our coupon and still get a GC! That place is very pricey indeed!
    Natalka and Silk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

are you sitting down?
    At the Bulk barn I try to go when I have a $3.00 coupon to use WYS $10.00 and the last time the almond flour in the loose bin ( not a package) was $21.15 per kg. What DH and I do is we go as separate shoppers ( as if they don't know we are together )
    We are each armed with our own $3.00 coupon and buy just over $10.00 of stuff each. Then we hit another Bulk Barn and repeat. It is the only way to cut the prices down a bit. Also later this month they are having their wonderful Promo of get a $5.00 GC with every $15.00 purchase, so that is when we both might get just over $18.00 of things each, use our coupon and still get a GC! That place is very pricey indeed!
    That's pricey for buying loose but still cheaper than BRM. Hoping as the flour gets more popular I'll find cheaper brands or loose like you. I would do the same re: the coupon. usually it's one coupon per person not family, so why not! That GC promo is a great deal! Wish there was a BB near me!

Silk
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know this is the " last thing you baked " thread, but Silk just wanted to say good luck in finding a cheaper price, I too hope it comes down as it gets more in demand. I even bought whole raw almonds and tried to grind in my Bullet, it worked but the cost was about the same, raw almonds are no bargain either!

So DH made a nice calorie friendly, GF, no sugar drop cookie! They really looked awesome! Had almond flour, oatmeal, organic cacao, organic shredded coconut and oil, pecans, cranberries....hmmm, now I am not sure these were low cal. lol but I just had one!
    Silk likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not much of a baker in general, but for Pi Day a couple of months ago, I made 4 pumpkin pies and carved the 'pi' symbol into all of them. My inner nerd!
    Silk likes this.

Page 105 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast

Thread Information