User Tag List

Page 43 of 226 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My " meatpies" are in the oven now, I am experimenting, stay tuned, lol

They turned out good so I suppose that is what we will have for dinner.

The round pie plate is a mixture over a pie crust dough of ground turkey with diced veg, spices, can of gravy and a Bisquick batter poured on top, baked.
    The smaller one no pie crust dough left so chicken chunks sauteed in a bit of butter with raspberry vinaigrette, fresh chopped rosemary, spices, then added chopped red and green peppers, same Bisquick over and bake

I had to cut into them to see they looked ok inside. I only tasted a wee bit of each!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kashkoush View Post
    oh u guys seem very much into baking these days, beautiful pictures wish i can get into the screen now to eat them up!

Janetta beautiful as always ,can u plz give the recipe for the vegan redvelvet cupcake
    Sure I used this recipe: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/1...eese-frosting/
    But subbed in ground flax seed (1tbps ground flax to 2 tbsp water) for eggs, vegan margarine for butter and soy milk with a tsp of vinegar for buttermilk!

Quote Originally Posted by agent9999 View Post
    I used this one http://catesworldkitchen.com/2010/02...erry-cupcakes/ and I found it turned out quite well. Have fun!
    Thanks for sharing The recipe looks totally really easy to vegan-ize! Awesome. (I'm not vegan but my bf is, so I bake vegan..a lot. lol)
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Baked some black bean brownies the other day. Low carb, low sugar, high protein, extremely moist, and not too shabby.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Baked the delicious and yummy "CHOCOLATE CAKE" and I have pic of it!

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

^ That looks really yummy.

The last thing I baked was a pie.
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cushiebunny View Post
    Baked some black bean brownies the other day. Low carb, low sugar, high protein, extremely moist, and not too shabby.
    oooooh!!! On a scale of 1- 10 (10 being "so awesome they were better than sex"), what number would you give those black bean brownies you made?

I have been kinda wanting to make black bean brownies but haven't had the courage. I wasn't sure if they'd taste legit enough for me (I'm a sugar-a-holic). And I'd want to be sneaky and make them when the family isn't home because if they knew the ingredients were actually black beans, I know for sure I'd get some flack. So I gots to be sneaky about it. haha.

Last thing I baked- carrot muffins for DH last night. Scale of 1-10 they were a 6--which was a total disappointment because he whined about how awful most carrot muffins are in the world because they use whole wheat and bran and stuff--so I found the fattest, greasiest, sweetest recipe I could find on the internet and made em--complete with bleached white flour--LOL--and after all that, he said, "meh. They're ok. Just wish I could remember where I ate that really awesome carrot muffin once."

(pffft. In your DREAMS, that's where!)
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    oooooh!!! On a scale of 1- 10 (10 being "so awesome they were better than sex"), what number would you give those black bean brownies you made?

I have been kinda wanting to make black bean brownies but haven't had the courage. I wasn't sure if they'd taste legit enough for me (I'm a sugar-a-holic). And I'd want to be sneaky and make them when the family isn't home because if they knew the ingredients were actually black beans, I know for sure I'd get some flack. So I gots to be sneaky about it. haha.

Last thing I baked- carrot muffins for DH last night. Scale of 1-10 they were a 6--which was a total disappointment because he whined about how awful most carrot muffins are in the world because they use whole wheat and bran and stuff--so I found the fattest, greasiest, sweetest recipe I could find on the internet and made em--complete with bleached white flour--LOL--and after all that, he said, "meh. They're ok. Just wish I could remember where I ate that really awesome carrot muffin once."

(pffft. In your DREAMS, that's where!)

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I love to bake and decorate cakes/cupcakes but I haven't done it in so long. After reading this thread I think it is time to get back into it. The only bad thing is as Ninna said - I too am a Sugar-a-holic and it's only me and one other person in the house to eat all the goodies. If I make it then I just want to eat it all lol... not so good since I am trying to get back into working out. Time to look for some healthly-ish recipes I guess that taste good. That or I will be freezing/ giving away half of the baking.. if I don't eat it all first

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica_25 View Post
    Time to look for some healthly-ish recipes I guess that taste good. That or I will be freezing/ giving away half of the baking.. if I don't eat it all first

God yes. Half my problem is that I LOVE to bake but I'm also the only one who eats it around here too. I find baking relaxing though, so I'm not about to stop baking just because I'm having a stare-down contest with the cookies and the cookies always win. LOL.

Here's a yummy recipe for ya that's about as healthy as you'll get for muffins, anyway. My kids LOVE these and so do I:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/low-fat...-bran-muffins/

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I baked pumpkin spice cake and muffins (I grew sugar pumpkins in our garden last summer). I was all excited as it's my first time making these....but it's been an hour since they came out of the oven and I can't get them to unstick from the baking pans (yes, I greased them). Any tips?
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yikes. I hate it when that happens. I always use muffin liners (makes clean up easier and prevents sticking) and I try to shake them out of the muffin trays before they get too cool and cozy in there (usually 10 mins after I pull them from the oven). But sometimes, they still get stuck in there. Usually when that happens, I take a toothpick and go around the surface area and try to loosen them that way. You have to be careful though because if you use a sharp object (ie a knife), you risk scarring your baking pans and then the muffins will stick even worse next time.

Any chance that your muffin pans have baked one too many muffin? I find that when mine get to be a certain age, the muffins start to stick regardless of what I do. Then again, some muffin recipes are stickier than others to begin with too. Maybe these are a particularly sticky muffin?

At any rate, you will enjoy your homegrown pumpkin spice muffins--regardless of whether or not they're whole or in pieces.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You may not know, but I can not eat sugar. These are sugar free, high protein, low fat brownies that I made. They were some of the moistest brownies including those that got me up to 345lbs.

I could slightly taste the black beans in them, but not in a bad way. I am going to try them again sometime, but make them into a black forest cake with sugar free canned cherries. That will cover and bean taste for sure.

So on a scale of 1-10, having had gastric bypass and not had a brownie in 2.5 years I'd give them about a 7. Of course I gobbled them up like they were a ten and am afraid of how good the next batch will be.

Of course not good for a first date unless you take beano first.

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES:
    19 oz (540 ml) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    4 eggs
    1 cup splenda
    3 Tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp baking soda
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    ¼ cup low fat cream cheese
    Put all ingredients into blender, adding the beans last. Pour into 8X8 inch sprayed nonstick pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
    Makes 16 servings (73 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g sugar, 4 g protein)

I altered it though and used egg beaters, 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, 2 tbsps of sugar free chocolate flavored syrup, and I'd say about 1/4 cup more of Splenda is needed.
    My alterations cut down of the fat and increased the protein significantly enough that I can eat these and call them a meal instead of just dessert.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hmmm interesting!

I'm going to try these out and not tell anyone about the black beans and see if someone can tell haha. Thanks

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Hmmm interesting!

I'm going to try these out and not tell anyone about the black beans and see if someone can tell haha. Thanks
    ^ hahaha. That's exactly what I wanna do! Now I just need to plot a way to get everyone out of the house at the same time so I can make these on the sly.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

God yes. Half my problem is that I LOVE to bake but I'm also the only one who eats it around here too. I find baking relaxing though, so I'm not about to stop baking just because I'm having a stare-down contest with the cookies and the cookies always win. LOL.

Here's a yummy recipe for ya that's about as healthy as you'll get for muffins, anyway. My kids LOVE these and so do I:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/low-fat...-bran-muffins/
    Thanks!! Those look delish!!

Page 43 of 226 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread Information