User Tag List

Page 207 of 226 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SnowFlakey : Thank you I checked dollorama with no success ,I will check Bulk Barn and maybe Linen Chest when I will have the time.
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Was in a crusty bread frame of mind this morning and turned out some nice sized kaiser buns!

After one hour of rising this bowl of puffy dough turned into

Name:  this turned into......jpg
Views: 156
Size:  47.0 KB

These kaiser buns

Name:  ......these kaiser buns.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  81.4 KB

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

wow! looks super nice. What recipe did you use for this.
    ROMEO, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    wow! looks super nice. What recipe did you use for this.
    I just got this off the internet, I forget which site but here is the recipe.

Makes 16 kaiser buns

2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
    2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), separated into 1/2 cup and 1 1/2 cups
    4 tablespoons sugar, separated into 1 tblsp and 3 tblsp

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, let stand for 5 min.

6 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/3 cup canola oil, 2 tsp. salt, remaining warm water and sugar.

In another bowl add oil, salt, remaining 1 1/2 cups water, remaining 3 tblsp sugar, and 4 cups of flour.
    Beat until smooth. Now add up to 2 1/2 cups more of flour to form a soft dough.

Place dough onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 min.
    Place rounded ball of dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
    Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a ball.
    Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Poppy and/or sesame seeds, 1 egg white, 2 teaspoons cold water

Preheat oven to 400°. Beat egg white and cold water, brush over rolls.
    Sprinkle with poppy and/or sesame seeds.
    With scissors, cut a 1/4-in.-deep cross on tops of rolls.
    Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Oct 12th, 2021 at 01:29 PM.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

thanks walkonby. This morning i made Cabbage Rolls. Right now they are simmering away in the Crock Pot. We will be celebrating GS1 13th Birthday tomorrow and Thanksgiving Day together hence the cabbage rolls. Im also making cranberry sauce, stuffing and a Chinese Salad.
    walkonby, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I have so many lemons in the fridge. I made a Lemon Bread this morning. And i wanted to make a Salad D'Hiver this morning also. So hubby prepped the onions, peppers and celery. DD came over with her Robot but the darn thing wouldnt work so i cut everything by hand!
    Silk, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Apparently I will be baking nothing now....wah!!! DH and I had a nostalgic craving for a silly box of one of our favourite desserts. It's been quite some time since we've made one, it was called Sauce 'n Cake and was made by Dr Oteker.
    DH went to NF, Metro, FB and Dollaramma before I went online to discover it was discontinued.

Name:  memories of yumminess.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  56.7 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Another hilarious failure in the kitchen this morning. I thought I'd make just 4 caramel apples, since we have so many in the crisper. Carefully followed the instructions about making sure to wash and scrub them off using hot water, to remove any wax that may be on them, dry completely.
    Use cold apples......yup. made the gooey mixture, waited for the candy thermometer to reach 240 degrees.
    let it cool to thicken.

Fooey! the darn stuff would just not adhere to the apples??? Coated initially, then ran and dripped all off! I removed all the sticks, re-washed the apples, back in the crisper they went....Now I have a delicious mixture that we can spoon over ice cream! ha ha
    Silk, Purdee and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Another hilarious failure in the kitchen this morning. I thought I'd make just 4 caramel apples, since we have so many in the crisper. Carefully followed the instructions about making sure to wash and scrub them off using hot water, to remove any wax that may be on them, dry completely.
    Use cold apples......yup. made the gooey mixture, waited for the candy thermometer to reach 240 degrees.
    let it cool to thicken.

Fooey! the darn stuff would just not adhere to the apples??? Coated initially, then ran and dripped all off! I removed all the sticks, re-washed the apples, back in the crisper they went....Now I have a delicious mixture that we can spoon over ice cream! ha ha
    Turn it into a deconstructed caramel apples. A fancy word i picked up from watching too much food network cut apple into slices and serve with a bowl of the caramel for dipping
    Silk, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Pumpkin pie squares. I was climbing the walls while they were baking, they smelled so good. I ate 2.5 squares after letting it set - and they were big squares! First one I couldn't even wait to put whip cream on! I used the recipe from allrecipes.com with some tweaks based on reviews, and also made the crust GF.
    ROMEO, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@SnowFlakey - I use a teddybear brown sugar keeper also - isn't it great?! Mine is a slightly different design. @cath007 - I picked it up on a trip to the US but found something similar - and cheaper - at Canadian Tire. Dollarama would probably have even a better price, though I haven't noticed them at the ones I shop at. Let us know how you like it if/when you pick one up

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @SnowFlakey: where do you purchase your ''thing'' for not getting brown sugar hard please...I am tempted to see if dollorama carry some?
    cath007 i usually bjuy the 10Kg bag of flour. I Put some into a Tupperware container large enough to hold about 2KG of flour and the rest i keep in the freezer. It lasts a long time. Ive been doing this for years and years and never had any problems. Put the bag of flour in a plastic bag so it wont spill out with punctured.

the oatmeal and brown sugar i also keep in tupperware containers. Ive never had any problems with bugs in the containers. I bought a ting at Dollarama to put in the brown sugar container so it doesnt go hard. Hope this helps you.
    cath007 try looking in the baking section of Dollarama or if you have a Bulk Barn in your area. It looks like a terracotta coloured thingy that looks like a bear. The picture is below. I hope this solution helps. Ihave tried some of the others but it never worked for me.Attachment 370747
    ROMEO, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Name:  Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum bread.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  94.5 KB

I am still doubled over laughing at the size of this loaf of " bread ".
    It happened like this because after making the large batch of dough this morning for kaisers, I was too lazy to cut it up into 16 balls to form them individually.
    My brain kept saying " what's the worst that can happen ? " I figured the loaf might not cook through, but it did beautifully!
    I think kaisers are out and this large loaf is going to be on the table when we have Christmas dinner.....well, IF we have one, jury is still out.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I made a batch of Banana Muffins yesterday to use up some Bananas I thought were even past baking but nope still good.

Then today because I have apples coming out my ears I made Nanny Special Apple Pie which is not actually a pie. It is apples in a baking dish topped with a crust but it is a cookie crust. It is a shortbread with egg.

I still have like another 5 lbs of apples to use but not today.
    ROMEO, Silk, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not purchased the thing for brown sugar yet dollorama dont carry it and bulk barn was out of stock...it is at the end of my city so next time I am around i will recheck!
    Purdee and SnowFlakey like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I made more applesauce. Now i have 6 containers of applesauce in the freezer to last the winter. Today i will be making Lemon Loaf again because DD gave me 15 more lemons the other day! also if im not too lazy, i will make some lemon cookies.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 207 of 226 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 ... LastLast

Thread Information