User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Dee - under the coupons tab on the top menu you'll likely find a thread that lists all of the coupons. Someone always posts the list a few days before its out.

Occasionally there are regional differences in what coupons are available.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I found this that has a preview of the smart source coupons

Nothing looks very interesting to me this time around
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have a question, is it worth it to collect points at SDM? I don't buy diapers or formula, and I typically buy my cosmetics at RCSS or Clinique.

Because I can stack at LD, I buy most of my cleaning and personal care products there.

I can't remember the last time I bought anything at SDM. Is it worth doing it?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Oh, another question. Can someone tell me how swagbucks actually work?

Wannabe saver
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzie View Post
    I have a question, is it worth it to collect points at SDM? I don't buy diapers or formula, and I typically buy my cosmetics at RCSS or Clinique.

Because I can stack at LD, I buy most of my cleaning and personal care products there.

I can't remember the last time I bought anything at SDM. Is it worth doing it?
    Omgosh, I had to jump on this. I too wondered and started paying attention to certain shopper's bonus points events. In less than 3 months I amassed $170 in SDM points and I hardly spent anything - think I spent close to $300. I would get bonus points on specific items like paper towels-they'll even have it on their life brand products. If I need a grocery item I get there just to accumulate the points. The thing is I'm in Ontario so you have the better advantage when it comes to stacking. But I'd still say you'd benefit by getting your cosmetics from them -just wait for the bonus points events. They'll even email you notices and SDM bonus points coupons.

By the way, I keep wondering about the swag bucks too.- what is it - why does everyone on this site (I swear) seem to want you to join?

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Shoppers points... YES!! It is definitely worth it to collect them. I only shop there during bonus points events and you can use coupons to bring down your OOP (out of pocket) expense. Like if the promo is spend $50 and get 20X the points, as long as your total is at least $50 BEFORE tax and coupons you still get the points! If you combine these events with bonus points coupons you can really rack up the points fast Here is a list of all the current bonus points offers. SDM tends to be a lot more expensive for certain things but if you're patient and wait for the right sales and promos it's easy to take advantage of optimum points.

Swagbucks... you can earn points for doing all sorts of things but the easiest way is to use it as a search engine instead of using google. You can watch videos, do surveys, do tasks, etc. You also earn points from anyone that joins under you, your referrals. I have a link to it in my signature if you want to check it out I mostly use it to earn amazon.ca gift cards but there are a lot of prizes you can redeem for. I don't spend a lot of time on it and I average at least 2 $5 GC's a month.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you SOEC- would love the promo code!

Something that I have wondered about, I have been emailing a few companies now and then, some of them are REALLY good for sending out FPV and other coupons when you request them, or send in a comment or complaint about thier products, is there any link here on SC with a list of companies that seem to be good for this? So far I have gotten FPVs and coupons from colgate, johnson and johnsons and kettle chips. Emailed Chapmans, and G-S said they send out some FPVs. Awesome, will continue to email companies, just want to zero in a little on the ones that seem to be generous in thier giving!

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    Thank you SOEC- would love the promo code!

Something that I have wondered about, I have been emailing a few companies now and then, some of them are REALLY good for sending out FPV and other coupons when you request them, or send in a comment or complaint about thier products, is there any link here on SC with a list of companies that seem to be good for this? So far I have gotten FPVs and coupons from colgate, johnson and johnsons and kettle chips. Emailed Chapmans, and G-S said they send out some FPVs. Awesome, will continue to email companies, just want to zero in a little on the ones that seem to be generous in thier giving!
    Call me sheets

OK, I found the link for companies that will send coupons HERE and there is another link for coupons you call and request HERE ... they are both updated frequently it seems.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have called and emailed a few companies and have been sent coupons. Because of that idea, I have emailed companies of products that I use often that I don't get coupons for and some of them are sending me coupons too.

I basically just say that I love their products and ask if they have any coupons available.

When I called Chapman's they did send me a $5 voucher but they told me I could only get one a year. Other people seem to get so many?

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

You can get 2 more Chapman's by playing the games on the Chapman Kids Club site - your kids can have accounts and play too. You collect up to 625 points each day and can redeem for prizes or 2 Chapman's $5 vouchers (which will buy a tub of ice cream or yogurt for free) twice a year.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

I kept ignoring it for 2 years thinking it was scammy or spammy. Foolish me. Seriously. I've made about $400 in gift cards since January 2011. Crazy.

There are things to do each day (about 15 min)

1. click on poll and vote -- 1 sb(swagbucks), time 5 sec
    2. click on survey and vote -- 1sb, time 2 sec
    3. click on NOSO (no obligation offers) click "skip" on each of the 4 or 5 ads/offers - collect 2 bucks
    4. If you want to install, their toolbar, collect 1sb
    5. Search ... easiest approach is change your bookmarks into "searches". So when I click Smart canucks bookmark - it searches Smart Canucks on swagbucks. I often win 8 to 12 bucks about 3 to 4 x per day from book marks.
    6. Like games? word, space, blocks ... play 10 games each day, get 10 sbs
    7. Read the thread and watch for "bonus" codes. Usually a few code each day from 5 bucks to 12 bucks

You need 450 pts to get a $5 gift card. So you can see that you can get about 60 -70 each day pretty easily.

And then there's offers. The best one is Netflix. If you have never tried Netflix - sign up (make sure you get the 1000 sb offer) and keep it a couple of days - cancel if you don't like it. Still keep points AND redeem for $10 in gift cards.

Plus there are more things to do each day if you have time ... ie online a fair bit.

And just like sheets love if you signed up with the "referral" link.

Smart Canuck Tip/Guideline - you can only post referral links (these are links to sites that have a code that connects your account to who posted the link - the referrer). If you post something about swagbucks for example, in the body of the post you must put the generic web link www.swagbucks.com

You can not post it with your referral link. That can go in your signature.

Your signature can only contain 2 referral links.

If you decide to try it, please click someone's referral link on Smart Canucks and give them a little boost. Of course, sheets and I would love it if you picked us.

Last edited by Giving-Small; Wed, Aug 24th, 2011 at 09:56 PM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Does anyone want these explained? If so, just a long post or do you think I should have a web cast on these "options" and explain

• Listia
    • Superpoints
    • Chapmans Kids Club
    • Various survey sites/panels: CloudPanel, Survey Lion, Web Perspectives, Opinion Outpost NOTE: if you're joining swagbucks do it before signing up for some of these - you'll get bucks to join
    • Reward programs for products (not stores): Huggies, Pampers, Stouffers, Lunchmate, Cars promo, aeroplan - nestle Note: I have some webcasts on store reward cards already.
    • etc

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have been using swagbucks since June and I have 1609 points today - I hope we go over it more because I have lots of questions about redemption.

Thanks! Also, I'm glad to know there is someone with a baby in this group so that I can send all of my diaper/baby coupons away at some point!

I would personally recommend SDM points to anyone. The first time I redeemed by points for $200 worth of products/groceries/gifts I was absolutely amazed! Keep an eye on those bonus point offers!
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Sep 17th, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Sunshine!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well I do have to say, the last couple of days I have emailed 4 or 5 companies who have products that I use and LOVE, seems like they have all been very generous with sending out FPCs and coupons, its like Christmas in my inbox hahah.

My next question is really about percentage. I find that right now I have been couponing for about 2 or 3 months and I am getting good at getting some of the products that I am looking to stock up on for 60-80ish percent off, which rocks I am very happy about this. After I do this for a while do I expect this percentage to go up? I am pleased with what I am doing already, so if this is what it is I am happy, but are there certain products that I should regularly shoot for to be 90 percent off or higher? For instance, after the 26th I know that all Saskatoonies should be able to run to Walmart and stock up on thier Listerine for 27cents a pop, which is crazy amazing!! Do you guys have any types of "there is no way I am paying more than ____ for ____ ever" guidelines? I know that groceries out here on the prairies can be more costly, but still there seems to be tons of great deal to be had. For instance so far I have realized that generally never should I have to pay more than $1 for mouthwash, $1 for various feminine products, $1 for cleaning wipes, and at max 25 cents for toothpaste (which I think now I can actually get mostly for free most of the time!!). What do you guys think? Are there some products that really will always be expensive (finding toilet paper harder to coupon)?
    Thanks for all your help and all the work you two are doing for us!!

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

This has been the year of free laundry soap for me! With the $3 Purex coupons and awesome sales, I haven't paid for it all year and I have enough to get me through next year

I won't pay for toothbrushes anymore and no more than 25 cents for toothpaste. Other than that, I don't really have a guideline. There are a few coupons for TP out there (Royale from GoCoupons and a Cottonelle printable) but I haven't been able to get it cheaper than $1.99... although I can't really complain about that!! I won't pay over $10 for pull ups.

I wish there were more coupons for milk, other than the really expensive kind lol.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information