User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

ya sales could even start as early as the afternoon of the 6th. it's whenever the courts say they can start.. no doubt within a few days of the 6th.

It's crazy the amount of items the staff are putting away for the sale.. my dad's got a ps3, psp, games, movies... holy crap.. seriously... it's like a store within a store.

Nuts.. it's seriously going to be a blood bath at our BBV the minute they announce the sales... I'll be dashing into town the night it happens if not sooner.

Whooooo christmas shopping lmao.

Save Money with Me! JessicaGreer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't wait...but i think the employees will take it all

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I will go back then!
    I Smart Canucks and Swagbucks!
    Use SwagBucks as your search engine and earn great prizes! I've earned $185 in Amazon gift cards this year!

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I work for Jumbo Video in St. Catharines and we are closing this Sunday over a long term leasing issue and the long term sales forecast.
    But it really upset the staff this week to hear that Blockbuster was closing now and we probably could have saved our jobs if corporate knew how much business was going to come our way with 2 video stores closing in town. Why couldn't they have announced the closing a month ago?!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Bah, well all I can say is I hope that teh employees do not nab everything Ohhh well, even if they do get all the electronics etc I will still have DVD'S! yay!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I called two of the locations in Scarborough over the weekend and both numbers are out of service. I even drove to one of the locations yesterday and the store was closed and the lights were off. It doesn't seem these stores are even operating right now! The news said they would be accepting giftcards until Sept. 6th yet they are not even open. I still have money on my giftcard!!

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

I went in on thursday to use up my gc and credits once I heard they would be closing. She told me this thursday would be the last day for me to use them. But my credits were not in the system so I had to call head office and there computers were down he took down my info but I have a feeling my $36 is lost forever...

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Very strange i just rentd a game on friday night from my local BBV.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

will they be posting dates of the sales or will it just be luck of the draw?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i wonder what sort of a discount can we expect
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The receiver said Wednesday the closure process should begin in the next few days, and existing gift cards and rewards programs will no longer be accepted.
    A court hearing to consider the full-out closure is scheduled for next Tuesday.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1047909--with-no-buyers-blockbuster-to-shut-remaining-canadian-stores

It's too late to use the gift cards, as reported last week in the newspapers.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's only two locations left in Toronto. I went to both recently and noticed the staff at both locations putting games/systems aside for themselves. I just hope they leave me one Resistance 3, lol.
    NO locations in Scarborough.

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gamerfaith ... Sorry to hear this ... Hope everything works out for you.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well I went in Thursday after it was posted here. I had about $7 on my gift card and used rent a new release, get one free coupon with that, plus I had another new release free rental coupon, plus a coupon for a tv series favourite rental. So I'm all good, I just have to find time to watch everything. They had some of their not the greatest movies on sale 2/$6.98, but I didn't see anything I wanted. I was still using Blockbuster but don't spend a lot of $$. I would usually get the book that you buy for around $20 but that included a $10 gc plus a free rental when you bought the $20 gc, so between the gc, coupons and promos, it wasn't too bad a deal. Jumbo is now part of the same sprawling strip mall. I also get a lot of movies from the library.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today's judgement day!

My dad and i had a long discussion in the car yesterday about BBV and after we both read their lawyers [i think,grant thornton LLP] website and all the info about bbv canada. yadda yadda.. basically canada went down the tubes because the states went bankcrupt.. nice that they have their 1500 stores still open unhurt and canada's stores get the shaft... pft.. irratating... but anyways. The states wanted canada to stop using 'blockbuster' name but canada paid for the name years ago.. this is so stupid.

Ah i'm getting off track =/ The courts.. okay, either the judge can let them close asap or drag out monthly sales until christmas. My dad's like 'maybe it's better... giving discounts every month.. 10% first month, 20% next, etc" I say it's not really practical... I know for a fact the lindsay store rental for the store location is very expensive [the person who own the whitney town center is an ass and makes everyone overpay to have their business their.. he thinks his open mall is better then anywhere else... .... and thats why fabricland went out of business in lindsay =(] so to pay 4 months worth of rent at every location you'd have to make up all that rent in sales each month plus actual profit.... I don't see the point really. It makes more sense to give 30-50% off you product, cut your losses and try to get everything sold before the month ends and you have to pay rent for another month.

I dunno maybe i'm wrong but the latter makes more sense to me...

oh and dvdswrapper, it's going to happen, look at my local store.. my brother works there.. he's put tonnes of stuff aside for family members and himself.. ps3, psp, xbox kinect..controllers games dvds.. etc. Cause the last time this happened we all went out to the closing bbv's and everything was pretty much gone but shelves themselves and crappy movies [this was a few days after the sales began]. maybe you could ask them to put one aside? might work might not.

I dunno but everything being put away hinges on the judges ruling today.. if they are given the go ahead to start the sales asap my brother thinks it could start as early at friday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information