User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So this is the end of BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO in CANADA.
    Here's the news link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...ada-close.html

So I opened this thread to put any deals/sales that will be coming in the next few days.
    This thread is currently associated with: Blockbuster
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Thu, Sep 8th, 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: sale starts SETEMBER 9TH.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thanks for the heads up!
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anytime..............anytime
    Don't know when it starts though but will keep people posted.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sale should start by September 9th according to the Reciever report from today.
    Thanks goes to Dancraig from another forum for the info.

Sorry about double posting but wanted to update every one on the info.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ya i just found out 2 hours ago. My brother was a manager at the lindsay ontario store but got a second job at a local telemarketing 'firm' and switched to being a casual employee at blockbuster back in june [working once every 2 weeks =/]

He found out this afternoon when he went over to talk to his friends/coworkers at blockbuster.. He's getting us all to write out what we would like and he's going to put it aside with his name on it so we can buy it when it gets cheap.

I know i know.. it's mean but... that's what every employee at every other blockbuster did before hand so..... ps3 here i come lmao... and i totally want the nightmare before christmas revisited dvd .. i never wanted to pay 50 bucks for it from bb... so.. ya.. good luck everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    Ya i just found out 2 hours ago. My brother was a manager at the lindsay ontario store but got a second job at a local telemarketing 'firm' and switched to being a casual employee at blockbuster back in june [working once every 2 weeks =/]

He found out this afternoon when he went over to talk to his friends/coworkers at blockbuster.. He's getting us all to write out what we would like and he's going to put it aside with his name on it so we can buy it when it gets cheap.

I know i know.. it's mean but... that's what every employee at every other blockbuster did before hand so..... ps3 here i come lmao... and i totally want the nightmare before christmas revisited dvd .. i never wanted to pay 50 bucks for it from bb... so.. ya.. good luck everyone!
    Any chance you can grab some stuff for me too,lol.
    I don't blame you guys, Blockbuster really screwed their employees so grab what you can, just don't bust the bank doing it.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks ,gotta let my daughter know.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, but what does this mean? If I go rent some movies and games tomorrow and never return them, are they gonna sic the collectors on me?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Thanks, but what does this mean? If I go rent some movies and games tomorrow and never return them, are they gonna sic the collectors on me?
    Probably, if corporate stays in business for some time.
    Unless they claim bankruptcy, their collections are sold with the company wherever it goes. If it disolves, the bank can try to collect.

However, just wait til the going out of business sale. Walk in with your stuff, buy it, then you arnt the bad person in the equation!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Mine in Drummondville (Qc) is closed from a long time...never get the chance to go before

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i saw this coming.. they did a mass closing recently (spring??) where they closed a good chunk of the stores.. so i had a feeling that they were heading this direction.. people rarely rent anymore not when everything is digital
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

bbr
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How did they stay in business this long?! It is a long dead retail concept.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I still have a little gift card money and coupons etc. So when are they going to stop renting things or taking the gift cards? Last round my store told me they were the most successful in the province so would not be closing (ever).

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Even yesterday when the employees at my local BB found out... My brother said 'things' started going 'missing'.. aka employees are stealing stuff and nobody cares.. .. i told my brother to try to slip a ps3 under his coat lmao. kidding of course =)

My SIL is pissed beyond belief because she recently bought her membership to BB [last month]...hm... I can see her 'renting' some things and not returning them.. like alot of people in my town will do the same.. good thing about this though.. they goto courts around sept 6.. or 9.. so the selling will probably start in 2-ish weeks.. meaning.. the...cottagers.. are.... gone for the season! WOOOOOOO! now all i have to fight are the locals lmao... my brother is keeping an eye out for when the selling is suppose to go down so we can bolt in and nab what we want.

I'm serious... when the other stores were closing the shelves were picked clean in a few hours =s

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiegirl View Post
    I still have a little gift card money and coupons etc. So when are they going to stop renting things or taking the gift cards? Last round my store told me they were the most successful in the province so would not be closing (ever).

If approved by the Court, the store closing process would commence within a few days and the Company will cease accepting Blockbuster Canada Co. Gift Cards and loyalty/rewards programs as of the commencement of the store closure process. The hearing to consider these issues is scheduled for September 6, 2011.
    I'd suggest going now and renting stuff if possible at your local bb... once the announcement of closing procedures is up ..ya.... it'll be buying time for us vultures

[here's the link to the offical press release website and they will update with closing info in a fewdays... http://www.grantthornton.ca/press_ro...1108311652-015 ]
    Last edited by Evil.Kitten; Thu, Sep 1st, 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information