User Tag List

Page 301 of 966 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 401 801 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great article--I was one of those 89,000 who bit for the 35 miles on the health survey--only thing missing from the article was an opinion from our AM expert and potentate, OB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omegacanuck View Post
    Not directly related to Safeway, but interesting article in Globe and Mail on success of offering AirMiles for filling out surveys.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2422141/

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yeah, I took it too but only got 25 AMs.

The analysis they sent back was wrong though.

Something else I've noticed, since the revaluation of AMs I'm averaging 300-500 AMs per month. Previously I averaged 1,000 a month. 95% of the drop is reduced shopping at Safeway. The other 5% was from Shell and their change to a minimum $30 to get the first AM and $20 thereafeter from the previous $20/$10.

Potentate OB
    Last edited by operabob; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in Calgary and my flyer does not have the B$100G100 so I started looking at other places in the country to see what they are offering. Only Southern Alberta and Saskatchewan to not have this deal. Everywhere else does. I thought that was werid. The coupons don't say any specific area where they would work so I would assume they would still work here. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Donna,

What are you doing up so late?
    Donna456 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Yeah, I took it too but only got 25 AMs.

The analysis they sent back was wrong though.

Something else I've noticed, since the revaluation of AMs I'm averaging 300-500 AMs per month. Previously I averaged 1,000 a month. 95% of the drop is reduced shopping at Safeway. The other 5% was from Shell and their change to a minimum $30 to get the first AM and $20 thereafeter from the previous $20/$10.

Potentate OB
    It is the other way:
    Earn 1 AIR MILES® reward mile on your first $20 purchase including fuel and 1 reward mile on each additional $30 spent in the same transaction.
    http://www.shell.ca/home/content/can...r_miles/offer/

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

a,

Thanks for the correction. Still no where as good as the old $20/$10 scale.

Here's this week's email.direct. No coupons required it says. Buying the Huggies with the B$100G100 coupon might work for some but nothing works for me:

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OK, I might opt for this as I'm on the road:

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Something else I've noticed, since the revaluation of AMs I'm averaging 300-500 AMs per month. Previously I averaged 1,000 a month. 95% of the drop is reduced shopping at Safeway.
    Ditto.

For example, last Tuesday was Safeway's Customer Appreciation Day where they offer 10% off. For the past few years I would save up my shopping and do most of it on that Tuesday. The 10% off plus the usual airmiles deals made it worth it to stock up at Safeway. Now the deals are fewer, airmiles are worth a lot less, and competitors offer the same or even better discounts.

Last Tuesday I only spent a few dozen dollars at Safeway, basically just got the few items that were heavily discounted, enough to get up to $35 and get my 10% off. But I did the bulk of my shopping at the local Extra Foods that offers 15% on the first Tuesday of every month (to compete with Safeway), plus has routinely lower prices, and does price-matching for many items in the Safeway flyer. I ended up spending hundreds of $ at Extra Foods instead of at Safeway, and saving more overall.

That trend will probably continue, and I'll only go to Safeway for a few heavily discounted items. Safeway managers reading this thread take note.
    Last edited by emax; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FYI - Look in your local paper (or check the online safeway flyer webpage and make note of the PLU codes) to find coupons for milk, salad, & burgers. Very good discounts on these items -- eg: $1.50 off 4L milk. Only valid May 4-6 (thru end of the weekend) so get them now.
    Last edited by emax; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Giving-Small likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    Ditto.

For example, last Tuesday was Safeway's Customer Appreciation Day where they offer 10% off. For the past few years I would save up my shopping and do most of it on that Tuesday. The 10% off plus the usual airmiles deals made it worth it to stock up at Safeway. Now the deals are fewer, airmiles are worth a lot less, and competitors offer the same or even better discounts.

Last Tuesday I only spent a few dozen dollars at Safeway, basically just got the few items that were heavily discounted, enough to get up to $35 and get my 10% off. But I did the bulk of my shopping at the local Extra Foods that offers 15% on the first Tuesday of every month (to compete with Safeway), plus has routinely lower prices, and does price-matching for many items in the Safeway flyer. I ended up spending hundreds of $ at Extra Foods instead of at Safeway, and saving more overall.

That trend will probably continue, and I'll only go to Safeway for a few heavily discounted items. Safeway managers reading this thread take note.
    I'm totally with you, emax! I spent $210 at Extra Foods and only $39 at Safeway. Customer service (especially our manager's attitude) is really bad and the constant bare shelves is driving people to other stores! Our Extra Foods is closing its doors on June 23rd - having been open here since the early 1960's so I can see Safeway jacking their prices! I'm used to stockpiling so shopping for extra stuff during my trips down south (Winnipeg) and I'll be all set. Our Giant Tiger has fruit/veggies/bread/milk so I may NEVER have to set foot in our Safeway again! The amount of (or should I say lack of) air miles offers at Safeway is getting pathetic. Sure doesn't entice me to shop there.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Opened my mail yesterday and received a gift from SC:

The coveted Smart Canucks fridge magnet,

and

A $7.50 GC for Wally World!
    Natalka and Giving-Small like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Anyone know how much the Cottonelle TP is at Safeway. There's an email bonus of 40 airmiles wub 2.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    Ditto.

I was also very taken aback by the lack of Air Miles specials at the most recent customer appreciation day. That being said, I was able to take advantage of the coupons that were sent out in the most recent Air Miles mailout. As a result, I was able to get a bottle of Tide (Club Card Price $11.99 for 52 loads) for $5.99 thanks to a 50% off Tide coupon in the package. It didn't provide an Air Miles incentive, but I received the coupon through Air Miles which is why I wanted to mention it.

The package of coupons also contained a coupon for 10 Air Miles WUB 1lb of Strawberries, 20 Air Miles WUB 1 Lucerne Butter (454g), 20 Air Miles WUB 2 packages of Chipits.
    Giving-Small likes this.
    I recently wrote an article for my blog myfriendtellsme on ways to save on diapers for baby.

For this and other articles on budgeting, saving and maximizing reward points, please visit. My hope is to help others learn tricks of the trade that have really helped me

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Wow - love your coupons - wish I had those ones. Chipits ... I think I have the Tide. I should look.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Here's a crazy combo that should DID work by combining Safeway offers and a mfg coupon(s):

Pickup 4 Bags of Old Dutch, 2 x 2L Coca-Cola Products (fine print on sign says A&W, Canada Dry and other brands too!) and 2 M&M stand up pouches. Then apply club card and hand in one 4 Old Dutch Bags and Get 1 M&Ms /Maltesers Mars Mfg coupon. (use $1 off Old Dutch coupons too to cut cost to $6 if you have any)

Safeway offer: This week B4 Old Dutch Chips @ 4 for $10 and Get 2 FREE 1.5 or 2L Coca-Cola Products.
    Safeway offer: BOGO M&Ms or Maltesers = second bag FREE
    Hand in a "4 Old Dutch Bags and Get 1 M&Ms /Maltesers Mars Mfg coupon" = first Bag FREE

Lots of junk food for $10 or less. Make it part of the $100 for 100 Airmile offer and it gets better.

M&M's
    BUY ONE GET ONE FREE
    Or Maltesers. 162 to 230 g. Or Mars Chocolate Bars. Assorted varieties. 4's.
    WITH CLUB CARD

Price Valid 5/4/12 - 5/10/12

Last edited by JadeDragon; Sun, May 6th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Thread Information