User Tag List

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

thanks FP! I really liked the 1.0 version thread but agree that it was getting clunky with all the comments

these seem like fair rates to me... obvious everyone values specific coupons differently (i.e. right now baby coupons aren't worth that much to me, so I'm fine with giving someone a "better deal" on them) but a general guideline that both traders can reference is so very very helpful!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

help! i am planning to do a trade for 2000 gtg points. How much in coupons (regular coupons plus HV coupons/ checks ) should we trade them for? i want it to be fair to both parties. =) any help is greatly appreciated.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    [/LIST]
    So I'm just curious about this. I wanted to make an offer on 3 FPC Kashi cereal. These coupons do not have a max value therefore am I supposed to go by the general price of the cereal itself?

The cereal is regularly priced at $4.99 (at walmart) therefore $14.97 for three boxes. Going by this I am supposed to offer/trade for $7.48GC.
    Now honestly that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me seeing as a couple of weeks ago the cereal was on for $3.99 ... I mean with postage it will be over $8 total for 3 FPC's. OR I could wait on a sale day and get 3 boxes of cereal with a $1 coupon and pay $9 for 3 cereals...

I was going to offer $1.50 per each FPC, but apparently I was WAY off the mark on that...

On another note, how are coupons with max values looked at? I mean Kashi bar FPC's have a max value of $5 or so I believe.. (correct me if I am wrong) and I see them on sale 95% of the time for $2.99. So if I were to honor the max value of coupon I would be sending a $2.50 gc for ONE FPC, and after postage I would be paying more than the bars would be if I had just gotten them on sale.

Help?!?! This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me..
    I absolutely agree with you! I do not get this-$5.00 for $10.00 FPC!! An FPC is still just a COUPON that could be refused by the store or expire before you can use it. I tossed 3 FPCs that expired Dec 31 because the only store in town that sold the product was always sold out. They were worth about 4.00 apiece, if I had paid $6.00 CASH(GC), I would have been really upset.

We coupon to save money; not spend money, right?

The FPC Kashi, I received in a trade for about double the value in regular coupons. That is fair to me. I eat cereal, trader needed diapers.

I personally would have taken your $1.50 per FPC, if I can't use the product, why not?

Max value, I always deduct 20% and that's the real value-usually!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No, I have mentioned several times, the 'value' of HV and FPCs is price SCers would buy at, not what you can find it at for a higher valuation - most SCers would buy cereal on sale and use a cents off coupon to bring the price down, that is the 'real' valuation
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As far as the $1.50, that is what I would expect too, as I would not pay more than $3 for a box
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    No, I have mentioned several times, the 'value' of HV and FPCs is price SCers would buy at, not what you can find it at for a higher valuation - most SCers would buy cereal on sale and use a cents off coupon to bring the price down, that is the 'real' valuation

I'm sorry, I should have read all the posts but I really didn't have the time to go through all of them because my LO was waking up from his nap.

Thank you for the reply tho Honestly I was sitting there trying to figure it out as I have never traded GC for FPC before and the way I was seeing it blew my mind.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

So, what would the value of a coupon be that is buy an item/get an item free? For example the newer buy a Kellogs cereal/get the snacks for free. Would you put a value on that at about $2, ie the price of the snacks?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I was just about to ask this:

Do we take the value of a BOGO to be the face value for what the "free" product would cost?

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsMom View Post
    So, what would the value of a coupon be that is buy an item/get an item free? For example the newer buy a Kellogs cereal/get the snacks for free. Would you put a value on that at about $2, ie the price of the snacks?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I usually consider what they have to buy for it and consider most BOGO HV and not FPC since you have to spend to get them

I added a note about the values in the main post
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

This is also an issue where geography is an issue.
    Let's assume a FPC with a max of $5, found on sale in Toronto for $2.99 and Toronto based SCers have access to 75¢ coupons

In some areas the FPC is really worth the max ($5). Sunshine Coast of BC and Northern MB comes to mind.
    And for the SC who have access to cheap prices and lots of coupons it may only be worth $2 - $2.50 for them.

HOWEVER a $2 coupon for the same product is just a good coupon to the one SCer and is almost a FPC to the Toronto based SCer.

So I think this should be a factor in how you view the trade. Not necessarily that it effects the outcome of the trade but that you know where the other trader is coming from.

Some traders can be quite rude when you don't agree with them.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Good point Marmaduke. When I was new I figured out value based on prices "out west" where I live but I was trading with someone in Toronto where groceries are a lot less and there's more grocery stores with steep discounts on items.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Honestly, if a trader doesn't agree with your valuation, don't complete the trade, just say no thanks, no need to argue valuation

No one has to trade a certain coupon, but honestly after doing the produce deals and reading all the flyers, the sales may not happen as much but the sale price is often similar.

The BC person could also trade for the 75c coupon found in Toronto, unless it is a coupon zone or the TFT coupons, both of which are store based, few coupons exclude provinces
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Honestly, if a trader doesn't agree with your valuation, don't complete the trade, just say no thanks, no need to argue valuation
    Exactly my point.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I appreciate this thread because it established a baseline that can be used in trading. However, if I have coupons I am definitely not going to use then I am quite happy to offer a generous trade in order to get a few coupons I will use. I think the bottom line is that both sides need to feel happy with the deal. Although I really don't like having to say 'no' to an offer (none of does because we feel awkward), it is actually quite easy to say "Thanks, but I think I will pass on this. Hope to trade with you in the future."
    bmpsmommy likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

yep, lots of people trade much higher or lower than this, it is more for new traders to know what is reasonable so they can decide if a trade is fair (for example when a trader wants almost $ for $ coupons to gift cards)
    ~ ~ ~

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information