User Tag List

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Actually its put a check mark in 'Request a read receipt for this message' when sending :p

I usually give 1 day after they read, as maybe they need to sort throw coupons or other trades etc... if i hear nothing, its forgotten about.
    That's a good policy, I think I will do the same.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I refuse to take part in the Catelli "feeding frenzy" especially when I'm quite content with no name pasta 900g for .99 on sale

I'm curious to hear you take on this:

Do you consider 3$ Aveeno call ins HD as opposed to HV ?

10$ Similac for 3x3$ Aveeno.. fair trade Yay ? Nay ?

Thanks for the input
    $3 Aveeno is HV, by the way, it's HV in two ways even... First of all, it's a call-in/mail-out coupon, so, HV, but it also allows you to get products for free or almost for free. Aveeno products can be found as low as $2.97, so, free.
    10$ Similac for 3x3$ Aveeno is completely fair trade offer.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I refuse to take part in the Catelli "feeding frenzy" especially when I'm quite content with no name pasta 900g for .99 on sale

I'm curious to hear you take on this:

Do you consider 3$ Aveeno call ins HD as opposed to HV ?

10$ Similac for 3x3$ Aveeno.. fair trade Yay ? Nay ?

Thanks for the input

I have to admit that I was quite sad when I found the Catelli tearpad... empty Someone took the entire thing as it had only just been put out. I think it took me 2 mins to get to it and it was gone. It's not like the store was that busy either. I only wanted a couple

As for the $10 Similac for 3X $3 Aveeno, I'm going to assume that you are asking about two people who want to receive and trade the above. But yes, I think it is fair. It's not dollar for dollar, but really, it's close enough. If it was me trading the Similac for the Aveeno I would even settle for only receiving two Aveeno for the Similac. But I don't act like trading coupons is an olympic sport, I do it for the benefit I get from it and for the fun of it!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

With comprehending( its a bloody free coupon unless traded for in past ) this thread I made a offer to a person, my $15 worth of coupons they wanted for $5 of there's which i wanted/needed....... now they are calling me out on a ship 1st, they don't trust me, to good to be true , should be = value trade... WTF!

As a newbie accepted terms $-$, as getting more familiar, what r i use is more value than what i don't..

Again comes to whats in the eye of the holder......every trade will be different and thus no common grounds for trade so thread is useless till you realize 2 things which each newbie will learn over time:

1) Value is in what you can use or need or want
    2) Offers on free things you get in mail( coupons ).....should not be $ 4 $ see #1

Took me 2 months to learn!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thee bolded rate above I think is nutz.

But, the problem is that there seems to be different definitions for HV. 3$ Aveeno/Neutrogena doesn't make my face cream much cheaper.. but it's still NOT a regular coupon.

I think HV varies with the trader, some coupons are of no value to me (money wise) but seem very valuable to others. And if the definition of HV gets solely based on getting an item for free or close to free, than stackers could deem any regular coupon HV as long as it's a different UPC

For me, whether a fellow trader ends up getting the item for free or just getting $$ off has no bearing on whether I'm going to trade it at "HV".
    but isn't the difference between a coupon and a cheque that you can use as many cheques as you want, and then get the product for free? If you live somewhere that you can't stack, then wouldn't cheques be considered much better than a similac coupon?

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakescoupons View Post
    but isn't the difference between a coupon and a cheque that you can use as many cheques as you want, and then get the product for free? If you live somewhere that you can't stack, then wouldn't cheques be considered much better than a similac coupon?
    As far as I am aware you cannot combine cheques. You CAN combine a coupon and a cheque at most places even in the east. Even London Drugs has stopped taking multiples of cheques on one product.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakescoupons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    As far as I am aware you cannot combine cheques. You CAN combine a coupon and a cheque at most places even in the east. Even London Drugs has stopped taking multiples of cheques on one product.
    I have to agree. I haven't personally tried to use two cheques at a time (unless they are for different amounts) but I can't see anywhere taking two $5 Similac Cheques on one product. I stand to be corrected though if someone has done this successfully.

As for the difference between coupons and cheques (and expanding on my earlier post that I haven't had time to expand on)... Cheques can be more difficult to come by as you have to be on the company's mailing list in order to receive them. Because the cheques are from the manufacturer, I find that a lot of times the amounts are higher than you would get from a coupon. For example, I can find lots of Pediasure coupons for $1.50 - $3.00, but the cheques are higher values at $3.00-$5.00. So if I am using a $5 cheque, or even a $3 cheque, when Pediasure is on sale, I am getting it for $4.99 - $6.99 from $11.49 which makes the cheques HV IMO.

Also, stores process and input the cheques differently than coupons. Not that that part matters much to us, but it is another difference.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

oh wow. I had to idea you couldn't combine cheques! In that case I am asking way too much for my cheques!! I'll need to change that.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    • Aeroplan PINs (based on $25GC being 3500 miles)

I am curious about this, I have a Nestlé Aeroplan PIN value 15 miles, how much is that worth?

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielmac View Post
    [/COLOR][/LIST]

I am curious about this, I have a Nestlé Aeroplan PIN value 15 miles, how much is that worth?

3500/$25 = 140 per $1
    15 miles = $.09

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that's what it comes down to.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

This should be a sticky!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

question, do similac cheques still trade for more than $ for $? curious as the last time i traded them, i got a lot back b.c they were in high demand, is it still the same? its been a while since i traded on sc

editing to add some more details
    this was the trade details i was asking for:
    1 x $2.50 on any 2 Purex Liquid Laundry Detergents
    24 x $1.50 on any Colgate Total Advanced Health Toothpaste
    4 x $1.00 on any Oral-B CrossAction Toothbrush

and offering
    $25 in the cheques
    Last edited by lady_arianna; Sat, Feb 18th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

How do you guys assign a $ value to a BoGo coupon?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sammie.c View Post
    How do you guys assign a $ value to a BoGo coupon?
    I usually assume it as 50-100% full sale pricing, aka if item usually goes on sale for $5 from $8 I assume its worth $2.50-$5.

But thats my opinion.

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information