User Tag List

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    Wow gilligan. Sorry to read that!!!
    Hey, live and learn... sometimes the hard way.

I remember names (and sometimes I even write them down) of who is nice to me, who isn't, who is fair, and who tries to take advantage.

I am very thankful for the members who have helped me learn, and I try to pay it forward when trading with newbies.
    Deb1197 likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

How much in coupons for BOGO Red Rose Tea,BOGO Amooza Cheese and 3 FPC Frozen Veggies from HH?I want to be fair
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I would consider myself initiated but not yet experienced, and see many of my own experiences echoed in the comments here. I think the inescapable issue with a site that encourages frugalism is that there's going to be a fine line between getting a good deal, in a good sense, and being cheap, in a selfish/dishonest sense, both in trading and couponing itself. The site attracts an amazing, intelligent, lovely group of people whose intention is to help one another out, interact, and trade in a fair way. It also attracts people who don't think twice about ripping off an entire tear pad, inflating their value in trades, making crappy verging-on-predatory offers to newbies, using coupons against the rules in stores, and so on.

Not quickly enough, I have gotten a sense of who and what is fair at SC, and this is a great thread for setting out some guidelines; I wish I'd found it earlier in my "trading career". I know I have been ripped off in the past, and I know that I have made offers for which I would be embarrassed today, because they were asking too much. I've also been very tempted to include in my trade list the fact that my coupons, in my opinion, are "ethically harvested" - I never take more than 5 coupons per tear pad, and if there's less than 10 left I don't take more than 2, but that's just me, and that's what I think is fair. I have the opportunity and take the time (my hard-earned spare time) to go to multiple stores, and so if I'm interested in multiples, I usually don't have a problem getting what I need without wiping out someone else's opportunity to coupon in my wake.

I don't know how many coupons are usually in a pad, but having 40-50 of something would be a bit of a turn-off to me in terms of choosing someone to trade with. All I'd be able to picture, no matter how badly I wanted the coupon, was them tearing off the entire pad just before I got to the store (like every visit I've made to 6+ SDMs in the past week looking for a few Nexxus). Coupons, while just coupons, are subject to the universal laws of supply and demand just like everything else, so if we're running up to people clamouring for these desirable coupons and making great offers no questions asked, there's still an incentive there for people who happen to reside in the predatory camp. I don't have an answer- it's just something (else) to consider when making trades.

That's just my two cents.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    How much in coupons for BOGO Red Rose Tea,BOGO Amooza Cheese and 3 FPC Frozen Veggies from HH?I want to be fair
    Considering the Red Rose has had fraudelant usage on regular blend versus what it is for Canadaian Blend, its value is a $3-4 coupon, Amozza cheese $2-3 when on sale, and free vegies....$2-3 on a even coupon trade due to having to buy HH.

This is my opinion

Unfotunite when i started here, I did get raped by big users here and when i had a stash, dealt with in same way( far more trade then worth ), now I'm a coupon for coupon or demand by user if they want 5-10 of something and I have , guess what I have some pull as have them, usually through in extras now if i can see something they use or have on a search or about me....

Now reality is my stash from a rural community, is based off 2 flyers to door ( mine and family member ), I then watch trades and if i want alot of something or see high demand, I will trade 2-3 from person a, 2-3 from person b, etc then trade off later when i have stash of 5+ I don;t need.

I even sold on ebay, got a lot of multiples from trains, and no way i can use or trade off as every oen had then...IN end my sale on ebay for coupons = costing me $0.03 once shipping and ebay and paypal fees (business account so charged 2-3% extra as accepta credit cards )

Since januray I have bough and traded almost $100 in stamps, + what I have gotton on trades ( approx $20 ), in the end we have been saving about $30 a week, so 16 weeks = $480 saved - $120 cost = $360 saved, primarily as not as fortunite to have a aprtament building in city to get others coupons, etc.... for savings...but then again, love trading with east and west coast ppl, as have stuff not seen in area :p
    Last edited by theguyz; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

Could someone please give me an idea what is a fair trade when trading the sunny d fpc's for .75 D'italliano bread coupons. How many bread coupons per FPC would seem a fair number?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

great thread!! need to bookmark!
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mckbutterfly View Post
    Could someone please give me an idea what is a fair trade when trading the sunny d fpc's for .75 D'italliano bread coupons. How many bread coupons per FPC would seem a fair number?
    this is how I do my trades...
    sunny d (is this for any??? ) about $3.99 on sale???? so i would trade 6 or probably 7 of the $.75 d'italiano bread (depending on how many i have)

But again this is ME!!

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Bookmarking this thread as I refer to it often, and then have to go looking for it. Could it be a sticky, even if it changes slightly over time or is updated? I think this would be a great way of providing guidelines that are accessible for all to see and refer to, and use in trading! SC and the wonderful people here have personally taught me a lot about how to save money. I think we have all been approached with deals that seem ridiculous to us and need to remember that we all have a sense of what something is worth; however, in some cases the suggestions are so extreme that this explanation simply cannot cover it.

Please make this a sticky; it will help all of us

After all, it is only guidelines, if people choose not to use them, then they choose not to use them and will need to find others that also choose not to use them.
    mckbutterfly and IMLN like this.

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Bookmarking this thread as I refer to it often, and then have to go looking for it. Could it be a sticky, even if it changes slightly over time or is updated? I think this would be a great way of providing guidelines that are accessible for all to see and refer to, and use in trading! SC and the wonderful people here have personally taught me a lot about how to save money. I think we have all been approached with deals that seem ridiculous to us and need to remember that we all have a sense of what something is worth; however, in some cases the suggestions are so extreme that this explanation simply cannot cover it.

Please make this a sticky; it will help all of us

After all, it is only guidelines, if people choose not to use them, then they choose not to use them and will need to find others that also choose not to use them.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

People have asked the mods several times about making this a sticky and told no
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mckbutterfly View Post
    Maybe this is too late... but FWIW, I tend to go by the guidelines on the first page of this thread.
    Average sale price $ FPC = $ x2 regular coupons.

I don't buy Sunny D, so just basing myself on I_love_to_save's quote... If average sale price for the Sunny D were $3.99 then roughly 8$ in D'Italiano coupons (10 x .75) . But that is just me

Cheers
    MiaowTheCat likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I would also ask for 10 d'Italiano.

Trading Score
    147 (100%)

how much is worth it for me to send a 5.00 gift card in exchange for someones coupons that are regular or inserts but not high value or fpc? how much worth in coupon is reasonable for me to get back for giving the card?

Trading Score
    147 (100%)

can i pm someone for help? just need one persons very experienced opinion

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

the first page recommends $50 in hand picked coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by leannhillier View Post
    how much is worth it for me to send a 5.00 gift card in exchange for someones coupons that are regular or inserts but not high value or fpc? how much worth in coupon is reasonable for me to get back for giving the card?
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information