User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

thanks everyone for the great advice
    I have some nicorette gum but I don't know if I can use it while on Champix and I really don't want to ...as it's just putting nicotene back into my body.
    today was day 1 of starting my Champix..and already I am off to a great start..with a positive attitude when I awoke I took my pill and did not have a cigarrette until 20 mins later..usually lighting a smoke is the first thing I do
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good luck to you and congrats on taking care of yourself. Let us know how you are making out and if you need any words of encouragement, I'm sure we are all behind you!

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

LOL!! I freaked too!

But now I can whole heartedly say GOOD LUCK!!! What a great present to yourself!
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

can i ask WandaJean why Jan 19th?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Well I'm assuming today is the day. Let me say Congrats. You can do it. It really is a mind over matter thing. Yeah yeah there's chemicals in there but I could never figure out how, if I was addicted to the chemicals, I had to smoke every half hour in the day, but didn't awake in the night to smoke.

I quit cold turkey over 2 years ago. I read a book written by an english man. Bought it at Chapters (without a coupon ) but it was worth every penny. Explained why we think the way we think and changed my way of thinking. I believe it was simply called Quit Smoking. Red lettering on a white background.

Good luck and be proud of your accomplishments. It's a bugger to quit but it is well worth it. You are bigger than the smokes. Now knock'm dead.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good for you, best of trying.
    Eastern Provinces are awesome.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congratulations! You've made an awesome choice for yourself and you won't regret it!

and during those moments of nagging self doubt--aka during the nic fits when every second seems utterly impossible to survive and you wonder if you can do this or not...come back to this thread and read this:

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

This crappy craving will pass and when the crappy craving passes, you'll be so glad you didn't give in to it. The craving is just mad because YOU are winning. nah nah nah nah nah nah. Screw you cigarettes! I don't need you! I'm not even "giving anything up" at all-- I'm giving myself some gifts-- better health, nicer smelling clothes, more cash in my pocket.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Go For It!! Good Luck!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

good luck to you.i stopped smoking 3 years ago and i'm really happy. gained some weight but that's ok. i save a lot of money, don't stink,can taste and smell things i couldn't anymore before and so on. you can do it!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Best of luck!!!

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

That's awesome WandaJean!!

You're going to love it here on the East Coast when you visit!!! Personally.... I think the Fall is the best time to visit here. It's always so pretty mid-October!!

Glad to hear you're not quitting SC, too! We need you here!

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Congratulations!!! We humans are funny creatures you know. (I don't mean this in an offensive way.) There is PROOF that smoking will kill one out of two people who do it. We know it causes cancer...and yet millions choose to do it anyway. I used to be one of those people too, then when I got pregnant with my son I stopped. It's hard but trust me it's well worth it.

To those who say they have been smoking too long and can not quit, it's not true.
    My grandpa smoked for almost fifty years and quit when I was 5. I promised him I'd quit picking my nose LOL. Plus, he was a war veteran with PTSD so stress is yet another excuse that can be kicked to the curb

GOOD LUCK, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good luck just think of the money you will be saving
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

2 year in december for me. I just kept a pack with me and weaned myself off for the times when you think you really want a smoke and I didnt beat myself up for it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's been about 4 months since I had to leave work because it hurt to breath - I went to the hospital and was there overnight getting treated - started to feel better and was thinking about grabbing another pack of smokes - then I had the unfortunate (or in this case fortunate for me) experience of hearing the fellow across from me receive his positive diagnosis of lung cancer - that changed my mind about the pack of smokes and I have not smoked since - I did not take Champix as I already have mood disorder issues and really did not want the antidepressant qualities that go along with Champix and similar drugs - Nicorette is not covered by our drug plan this is stupid but not much I can do to change that so I had to tough it out - it's the biggest struggle I have ever had to deal with and I have been substituting food for smoking - none of my clothes fit and I am getting as big as a house - I have started walking and going in the gym so hopefully this will be a temporary issue - it sure is a rough go but everytime i want to give up and have a smoke I think about the old guy in the hospital with lung cancer and I hope not to ever be in his spot - this is what keeps me going every day

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information