User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyd76 View Post
    Well I am feeling super good! Got in the cr to go to the gricery store yesterday (my husband usually drives) First time behind the wheel in just over a week. I am short so I usually have to put the seat up quite close then of course my belly will rub the whell and I have to keep adjusting the seat to get it just right. Welllllll I couldnt believe it I got in and put the seat u and I was actually almost too close and my belly wasnt even touching the wheel!! In just 2 weeks what a difference! Now I am really motivated to keep on going! Workouts start tomorrow, I hear they are a lot of squats and lunges (yikes!!) LOL Oh well I am sure will live through it! I will let you know how it is after I do my first workout tomorrow!
    LOL!!! Aren't those little joys SO worth it, though?!!
    Congratulations on the "waist loss"...lol...I haven't weighed myself, but I'm having to shrink my jeans again just to that they're not hip-huggers...or hip-floppers. I don't expect to lose at a really fast rate since I've already lost 36lbs when I started, but I know it's coming off...like you...clothes just feel better (so does a smaller bra that I'm not floating around in! LOL!!)

Keep up the great work, Hon!!!
    I can't do any of those exercises (just getting up the stairs from the laundry room this morning was a struggle and painful), but I'm still losing..you'll be faster and you'll be toning up, too!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So awesome - way to go.

Well I am feeling super good! Got in the cr to go to the gricery store yesterday (my husband usually drives) First time behind the wheel in just over a week. I am short so I usually have to put the seat up quite close then of course my belly will rub the whell and I have to keep adjusting the seat to get it just right. Welllllll I couldnt believe it I got in and put the seat u and I was actually almost too close and my belly wasnt even touching the wheel!! In just 2 weeks what a difference! Now I am really motivated to keep on going! Workouts start tomorrow, I hear they are a lot of squats and lunges (yikes!!) LOL Oh well I am sure will live through it! I will let you know how it is after I do my first workout tomorrow!
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks! Gained 2 lbs since starting the Phase One but not giving up! We'll see what the scale says this week, hopefully all my hard work will pay off. Havent cheated once in the food area but did miss a couple days of the dvd's.
    Kimmyd76
    If you haven't yet joined Swagbucks is a great wy to earn rewards for many things including Paypal vouchers, come and check it out!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kimmyd76

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Kimmy, those small deviations in weight don't mean a thing! It baffles me when I watch The Biggest Loser, and those poor gals who work their butts off only to actually GAIN a pound or two just because they're women. So many factors like time of the month can cause those fluctuations. And missing a DVD doesn't mean weight gain, either. I don't exercise at all (I can't, really) and still have lost about 38lbs.

Keep up the good work...it really all comes down to calories, like WeightWatchers...no big secret...just calories in, vs calories out. I keep mine between 800-1100...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh Lynn I had no idea you were doing this. I have not heard of the Pink diet, but then I am not a huge Dr Phil fan anymore.
    Good luck in this venture , I will be watching from the sidelines as I guiltily hold my two Jane Fonda walking workout dvd's in my hands that I purchased in 2010!! and still have not opened. ( omg, I am exhausted just confessing that)

DH and I had amazing success at each of us losing 40+ lbs back around 2006 ( ??)
    We used the Michael Thurmond 6 week body makeover.

http://www.mybodymakeover.com/blueprinting.asp

Funny thing was I never did one single exercise in the programme, ( probably since I walk every day) all I ever did was follow the food plan. ( took me from about late Dec - early May to get where I did not need to lose anymore, just had to maintain after that.) I was religious about measuring amounts, and doing the food journal. Yes it was very restrictive when I look back on it now, but boy did I ever need to address my salt/sugar/fats addiction at that time and that plan worked for me, till I gave it up. When people would notice the new slimmer us ( and did they ever, we looked awesome, lol ) we felt funny calling it the 6 week body makeover as we were still doing it well into the 10 month mark, but just maintenance eating.
    Oh and that part about what women have to deal with in losing weight is also true once the menopause hits ( the weight just wants to pile on and the appetite goes through the roof )
    It was easy to fall back into old habits when that happened. That and 2 or 3 health issues just dashed my confidence. Again, good luck with your pink method, playing with your grandson is the perfect motivation!

babies teach us acceptance

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

One of the tips that WW has may work for you guys too - take your measurements, right now. Your measurements can be more reflective of success that the number on the scale.

Keep up the good work!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)

LOL Ya my measurements didnt help out LOL the only place I lost was my bust. But now that I think about it , seems the time of the month may be affecting both for me as I do tend to retain water and get bloated so I wil wait it out and continue on, I do feel good and feel my body getting stronger and the workouts are getting easier, I especially like the yoga core one even tho I cant do all the moves yet I enjoy the stretching after dong one of the other workouts.
    Tonight for supper I had some left over brown rice from the night before so I used cooking spray and browned someonion, celery and muchrooms then added my rice and tofu. When it was warmed through I sprinkled on some Bragg's liquid aminos, wow that was yummy!!! Just as good as the fried rice we usually have minus all the fat and calories! Will definately be keeping it in mind for leftover rice next time!
    Kimmyd76
    If you haven't yet joined Swagbucks is a great wy to earn rewards for many things including Paypal vouchers, come and check it out!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Weighed today and still no change but I definately feel great! My kids love it when I play wii with them and I have more energy for doing just daily round the house stuff so that is awesome!! I am actually not really having any cravings anymore and just really proud of myself for not falling off the wagon! Hope everything is going good for you too Lynn!
    Kimmyd76

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So....I measured myself and have lost one inch on my bust, waist and hips...which = 3"" total. It doesn't sound like much, but I went into Pennington's to look for a pair of beige slacks for our trip south at the end of the month, and lo and behold, I was able to squeeze into a size 18!! Not 2x, not 1x, not x...but 18!! It was a little snug on the tushie, so I didn't purchase them and thought what the heck, I'll shop when I'm down there...much cheaper at JCPenny and Target!

As I mentioned before, I did chart my weight when I started, but it fluctuates so much depending on hormones, how much salt I consumed, that it can be downright depressing! So I just go by how far my jeans are falling onto my hips! I shrink them and they fit so nicely...for about a couple of hours, then they're hanging again, so I guess it's time to take the waists in for now...

Good luck to everyone who's struggling with their weight...much success no matter which method you choose to get healthier!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Weighed today and still no change but I definately feel great! My kids love it when I play wii with them and I have more energy for doing just daily round the house stuff so that is awesome!! I am actually not really having any cravings anymore and just really proud of myself for not falling off the wagon! Hope everything is going good for you too Lynn!
    Good for YOU, Kimmy!!!! Isn't it wonderful how even small successes can make such a difference?!! Keep up the good work and we'll all succeed together!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yay to us and everyone else who is succeeding at getting healthier and fitter! We can do this!!
    Kimmyd76

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

You guys are inspiring me to try some little things.

This week it's trying no wheat to see if it changes how my body feels.

But what I've noticed already is that I am eating so many more fruits and veggies, seeds and nuts and oats. Don't think I'll reduce weight but I think this might be my healthiest week for eating in a long time.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yes our fridge has never looked better. Not bare anymore. We used to always have a pantry full of stuff but out fridge lacked appeal,but now we dont seem to ever have enough room in there with all the fruits and veggies, might have to invest in one of those full fridges, we have a deep freeze anyway and I hate how everything in the fridge freezer seems like it doesnt freeze right. Other weight loss programs I would reward myself with cheat days, this time I think I will reward myself with new appliances LOL
    Kimmyd76

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just read the whole thread - congratulations to all you who are trying (and succeeding!!!) in losing the excess weight. It is very inspirational to read your comments about the changes you are making, and the changes that are happening (losing inches here, getting more energy).

Congratulations girls!!!! I hope your success continues.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

LOL - now that's a motivator - new fridge ... useful too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information