User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Walmart coupon policy changes

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by divinedivagirl View Post
    Yikes! You'd think that they would be happy for the business! I mean really. Walmart is ALWAYS trying to take away business from the little guy so why can't they accept a few coupons?

Obviously they should NOT have accepted the Loblaws/Superstore Coupon Zone coupons but I guess that's what happens when you mostly have young kids working at minimum wage sometimes. They probably weren't informed not to take those specific coupons.

Want to trade with me? Just updated my trade list.
    I'm sorry, I have to reply to this, and I don't mean to be "negative."

As a young person, your statement offends me: "I guess that's what happens when you mostly have young kids working at minimum wage sometimes."

First off, yes, young kids may start at minimum wage, but so too do seniors and the middle-aged, and people from any other age bracket that are just starting at Wal-Mart. Wage is not influenced by age, thank goodness; in fact, I'd say quite a few young people are the more experienced employees at Wal-mart.

Second, why do you assume it's only the young people that weren't informed to not take CZ coupons? Up until today, I've had cashiers of all ages accept them, meaning CZ coupons were accepted across the board - they were not explicitly exempt from WM's coupon policy.

If the policy has changed, it is not because "young people" were letting them through - it's because WM was accepting them until this point, regardless of cashier. Had it been against company policy in the past, no cashier would have accepted them, young or old - the young are not more inclined to lose their job over not following company policy.

It's stereotypes like these that perpetuate and keep the gap between ages wide open.

To the OP, thank you for informing us of this! I had no idea anything had changed; I guess we'll stay tuned for the official release of their new policy.
    Last edited by Aimz; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
    hijinx25, peterman and web3 like this.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post

As a young person, your statement offends me: "I guess that's what happens when you mostly have young kids working at minimum wage sometimes."

First off, yes, young kids may start at minimum wage, but so too do seniors and the middle-aged, and people from any other age bracket that are just starting at Wal-Mart. Wage is not influenced by age, thank goodness; in fact, I'd say quite a few young people are the more experienced employees at Wal-mart.

Second, why do you assume it's only the young people that weren't informed to not take CZ coupons? Up until today, I've had cashiers of all ages accept them, meaning CZ coupons were accepted across the board - they were not explicitly exempt from WM's coupon policy.

If the policy has changed, it is not because "young people" were letting them through - it's because WM was accepting them until this point, regardless of cashier. Had it been against company policy in the past, no cashier would have accepted them, young or old - the young are not more inclined to lose their job over not following company policy.

It's stereotypes like these that perpetuate and keep the gap between ages wide open.

To the OP, thank you for informing us of this! I had no idea anything had changed; I guess we'll stay tuned for the official release of their new policy.
    Really well said.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Former SC lurker :)
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post

I agree, well said. The policy had been to accept competitor coupons and it would appear that has changed. Policies are made by the higher-ups, not cashiers.

I was at WM today and had a lovely young cashier who went out of her way to help me. (She was a teenager and has about 10 piercings in her face but was the nicest cashier I have had in ages!! We really shouldn't judge by appearences eh?)

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Reeski View Post
    I agree, well said. The policy had been to accept competitor coupons and it would appear that has changed. Policies are made by the higher-ups, not cashiers.

I was at WM today and had a lovely young cashier who went out of her way to help me. (She was a teenager and has about 10 piercings in her face but was the nicest cashier I have had in ages!! We really shouldn't judge by appearences eh?)

I hate to differ with you, but the policy was NOT to accept all competitors coupons, it was to ACCEPT all competitors coupons ONLY IF they stated the final price such as some of the Rexal coupons which state EG: save $ and then it shows the final price such as in the current coupons book in the scope coupon from Rexall the coupons shows save $1.50 with the final price being $4.49

This has been the coupon policy at WM and I strongly believe the if a person is going to use coupons, they should do their best to have knowledge of the coupon policy of the store they are using the coupons at. The cashiers are sometimes confused (old and young alike), or not trained properly, this doesn't give coupon users a right to try and put through coupons we know the store does not take. Sure we all make mistakes, heaven knows I've made more than my fair share of my many years of couponing, but if you are an informed couponer, you should know your store policies.

Couponing has changed so much in the 20 plus years that I have been using coupons, but we only have ourselves to blame for it becoming harder and harder to use them.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hey there everyone - new to this site and couponing. Just curious as to what coupon zone is and also is it true that Walmart will take printed internet coupons? Thanks!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

My last few trips to Walmart the cashiers double and triple checked the coupons and had the CSM do a fourth check to verify(reg man coupons not CZ) - I assume it is because of coupon abuse and they are cracking down and the cashiers are fearful of getting repremanded for improper coupon acceptance and are covering their butts.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My last trip to Walmart was also a bit different compared to other times. The cashier really looked at my coupons hard, reading them carefully (which is not really a bad thing). However, people behind me weren't happy with the time it was taking. Overall transaction was smooth.

Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl18 View Post
    I was at my walmart last night(kingston,on) and she told me that they are not accepting competitor coupons anymore, at least at my walmart. I didn't push it even though their coupon policy has not been officially updated, as I was using many coupons and only one was denied.
    I was in the Kingston Walmart Friday night as well. I had a huge pile of coupons, and I only had problems using the $1 wub 4 Campbells soup. I always have a hard time using that coupon there for some reason. I always get told it is not a manufacture coupon so they can not accept it.
    Get a full pair of glasses for as little as $29! The only place I buy my glasses. Super easy returns too - http://www.clearly.ca/refer/valerie

I love making my own beauty products and saving money. Go to http://www.well.ca and enter promo code panthera and save $10 on your first order.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i have had no issues with coupons at my walmart whatsoever. i have never used coupon zone at walmart though. but in terms of any other coupon, there hasn't been any problems.

i find the young male cashiers are the best (and a few of the older ones who like to chat with me)
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

sale or no sale is what i always say
    do you want one person to buy at regular price
    or make 500 sales from couponers
    even if it's using a coupon the value of the sale
    still impacts their sales figures so they'll keep
    selling with coupons. however when i was just in usa
    they said they no longer do scop at walmart - now that
    would be awful!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

If they make it one coupon per transaction (which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard) I will no longer shop there.
    If they no longer accept printed coupons I will not shop there.
    If WM will not allow coupon overages then I most definitly NOT shop there. This is basically the only thing holding me to them right now, overages and printables.

If they no longer accept CZ coupons for dollars or cents off I will still shop there as despite all these other lucky SC'ers my two local WM's will NOT accept those coupons as it states in the country wide WM policy they are not to be accepted.

Now, I hope we all wish that if WM does want to change their policy it will be long after everyone has their Target all set up as then we will have more choice of where to go if they start tightening their rules.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I hate to differ with you, but the policy was NOT to accept all competitors coupons, it was to ACCEPT all competitors coupons ONLY IF they stated the final price such as some of the Rexal coupons which state EG: save $ and then it shows the final price such as in the current coupons book in the scope coupon from Rexall the coupons shows save $1.50 with the final price being $4.49

This has been the coupon policy at WM and I strongly believe the if a person is going to use coupons, they should do their best to have knowledge of the coupon policy of the store they are using the coupons at. The cashiers are sometimes confused (old and young alike), or not trained properly, this doesn't give coupon users a right to try and put through coupons we know the store does not take. Sure we all make mistakes, heaven knows I've made more than my fair share of my many years of couponing, but if you are an informed couponer, you should know your store policies.

Couponing has changed so much in the 20 plus years that I have been using coupons, but we only have ourselves to blame for it becoming harder and harder to use them.
    Well said, I've been saying this myself, but you do it much more eloquently

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i have had no issues with coupons at my walmart whatsoever. i have never used coupon zone at walmart though. but in terms of any other coupon, there hasn't been any problems.

i find the young male cashiers are the best (and a few of the older ones who like to chat with me)
    I agree with you on the young male cashiers. I really like one of the young male cashiers at my walmart. He always gets excited when he sees that I'll be using coupons!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by neesmom View Post
    I agree with you on the young male cashiers. I really like one of the young male cashiers at my walmart. He always gets excited when he sees that I'll be using coupons!
    mine too! and at the end he tries to quickly calculate how much i saved and like announces it to me and whoever is around. he is hilarious
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I was in St thomas WM yesterday and was told they no longer take the cz coupons anymore. Oh well... I was still able to get the dove body wash for .50, still a great price IMO
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information