Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By walkonby

Thread: Eggies

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well..nothing came up so I'm assuming no one has poisted a review on them, yet....I was skeptical, particularly after reading on-line reviews, but we came across them at a market in Florida for $5, and my hubby bought it, just to 'try it out'.
    Well...they work perfectly. I have no idea why there were negative reviews regarding them not 'popping out' easily. I sprayed them with a non-stick spray, plopped the eggs in, boiled them for the recommended time, and they were done perfectly and popped out without a problem.

So if you're like me and hate peeling eggs, or finding a bit of shell in your egg salad, (I'm paranoid and rinse the eggs so well!) then these are your answer. But I wouldn't buy them off the tv....they should be in stores at more reasonable prices, although I doubt we'd find them here for $5.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shell

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Gee, at first, I thought your review was for the chocolate candy! I had to look up your product. It seems interesting enough, but I imagine these will be in lots of garage sale bins over time. I don't mind manually peeling eggs.

I would be worried about the long-term effects of food cooked in plastic. How does the egg release from the gadget? Does it stick?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, I thought the same thing, that it was for Eggies chocolates!

Sure, I've seen the ads, and the demos on the shopping channel. I think they go for $15.

I guess I just don't see the point, when boiling eggs and peeling them is easy if you do it right - well, what I think works for me, anyway, so big pieces of shell come off, not little bits.
    Same as marstec mentioned, too, I don't boil anything else in plastic, so I don't think I would use this either.

But enjoy!
    marstec likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I thought about getting these, but they do have a lot of negative reviews!

Another cool egg thing I got though, are 'egg molds.' I bought them from Amazon (had to get them shipped to my brother since they don't ship to Canada). You quickly peel the egg when it's hot, then put it in one of these molds, put it cold water for 15 minutes and they hold the shape - we have a heart, a star, a car, a fish, etc. DS loves them!
    AmberLab and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by channing11 View Post
    Your ideas are good ones.
    your comments are confusing??
    sweetnlow30 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Good to know! I just bought these recently for a friend and I am giving this to her as a birthday gift next month. Found them at my local Home Hardware for $6.88. I thought that was a great deal!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

thanks for the review, I was a skeptic on these but thought it was a great idea for making different little omlet eggs and such. Thanks!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

those chocolate eggies are awesome.

havent tried the egg maker. looks interesting
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just saw the eggies on sale at Walmart yesterday for $10.97 if anyones interested or you can find them at from http://www.eggiescanada.com. I think this is a great product considering you can easily add some spice and ingredients to your hardboiled eggs and they are easy to serve. Since hardboiled eggs are 78 calories and fried eggs are 113 this is actually a good investment if you want to start eating healthy in the morning and still be able to have eggs with ingredients like when you're making an omellete.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I haven't tried these yet but I did see a knock off version at Giant Tiger for about $5. I also though of the chocolate eggs when I saw the title LOL.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I thought about getting these, but they do have a lot of negative reviews!

Another cool egg thing I got though, are 'egg molds.' I bought them from Amazon (had to get them shipped to my brother since they don't ship to Canada). You quickly peel the egg when it's hot, then put it in one of these molds, put it cold water for 15 minutes and they hold the shape - we have a heart, a star, a car, a fish, etc. DS loves them!
    i like to get a hand on this, here i go to amazon , thanks for suggesting this product

Thread Information