User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I believe in God ...I attend bible studies weekly called BSF international http://www.bsfinternational.org/
    I find reading the bible (which was inspired by God) such a peaceful & enriching activity & the bible is a wonderful guide to how to live your life.
    Also, I believe in God as our saviour & the hope of going to heaven after death .
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Interesting conversation on a topic that will always get people's back up. Although, unless the OP returns and participates, I do believe you've been trolled.

that is quite alright

SC'ers are perfectly capable of having a civil discussion and debate. we are all the better for it
    abbasgirl and AmberLab like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i am the biggest science nerd, and am someone who NEEDS logic.

theory is not fact. in reference to the theory of evolution, they are still looking for that 'missing link'

the theory of evol. is only one theory that exists. just because it is a popular one does not make it fact. there are other scientific theories that exist regarding the appearance of homo sapiens. according to the above logic, those theories should then also be considered fact.

how many of these theoretical 'facts' are right?

i don't believe anyone has ever defined a theory as fact. a theory is abstract ideas.
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Apr 13th, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

God is just theory also , actually the extistence of god is just an opinion which some people share. There is no proof of it and there is no historical evidence of Jesus either. The bible was written many years after his supposed death/ressurrection and who knows if any of it is true. None of us were around and frankly you can tell 10 people the same story and it will come out 10 different ways so the bible is pretty much heresay.

Religion exists because before there were scientific explanations for everything they pawned stuff off as miracles or "god" did it. We know better now.

Many ancient cultures have folklore about a virgin birth and a ressurection. They are stories. That is all. Meant to entertain not base a whole society on.

95% of scientific community call themselves atheist/agonositc.
    lekate, DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I always wondered though...where do the dinosaurs fit into all of this debate? Since there are so many backgrounds chatting here, your thoughts?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Dinosaurs ruled and would still rule if that asteroid had not killed them all. We wold not be able to compete with them for top predator, although we would not be here either because after the dust settled all that was left were small mammals which led to us.

Hard to wrap your head around 250 million years ago considering mans history is barely a fart in all that time.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I just asked my scientist hubby if, in fact, that's correct, and he said this:

"No. It's a guess based on some sort of evidence (repeated evidence)..ex: my theory is that the world is flat because ships didn't return after long ocean voyages, and therefore fell off the edge of the world.
    It wasn't until we got more evidence that, that particular scientific theory was proven wrong.
    New evidence can disprove a 'scientific theory'.

So a theory, whether it's scientific or otherwise is just that: a theory, until proven right or wrong.

I seem to be picking on you DH666 (see? I got it right this time)...I don't mean to, sorry 'bout that....just trying to keep things moving along gracefully...lol...
    Science has a theory of gravity too, because it's not fully understood. But if you jump off a roof you'll find out it's a bit more than theory.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I always wondered though...where do the dinosaurs fit into all of this debate? Since there are so many backgrounds chatting here, your thoughts?
    They fit in with the accepted 4.5 billion year history of the Earth, as opposed to the 6,000 year history of the earth.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That would be the 6000 years since Adam . . . We don't know how long everything else has been here. . .

I don't know a whole lot about the dinosaurs Amberlab. . . but is it true they were around before the other animals? I think so, yes? Am I also correct in that the died through an ice age? Wow, I really need to brush up on that. . .

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Except for the fact that there is not a debate section on sc for a damn good reason.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information