Sunrises
    Butterflies
    Babies
    Rainbows
    Really powerful thunderstorms
    Peonies
    Lazy summer days
    Tropical beaches with pink sand
    The Rockies (and making it down them in one piece!)
    Strawberry shortcake
    Chocolate lava cake
    Maple syrup
    Bacon!!
    Diamonds
    Bright winter days
    The sound of birds in the morning
    Being loved
    ..and lots more.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

No, for reasons best left unsaid.
    lekate and DaveP like this.

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

Yes, because I feel His presence ( hope that makes sense)
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Yes ... Why not? It's what I was raised to believe, it comforts me in good and bad times and most importantly it gives me hope for the unknown.

I don't push my religion on others and I don't judge those who have other beliefs, live and let live
    i agree with Vee Vee word by word

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i most absolutely believe in a Creator. The more i learn about our planet and universe the more firm my belief becomes.

some people think it is weakness to believe. i don't think that is the case.
    i think there is much evidence around us that points to a plan. i don't believe that the universe became from a single, chaotic event, and that life in our universe occurs solely by chance. take the theories about life on earth, for example. there are a whole pile of coincidences that would have had to occur if life happened the way people theorize.

i think there is some factor of ego which keeps people from believing that they may be a Creator. whether or not your believe, you will live a short life and die. at the end you don't take anything material with you. to let your ego go and allow yourself to believe that everything was purposely created is quite freeing, in my opinion.

Our little planet is so complicated. it is full of many ecosystems that are balanced in themselves, very different environments bordering each other. there are so many variances on this planet, whether it is on dry land or under the sea. each ecosystem with it's own abundance of flora and fauna. if you sit back and really look at what this planet is, you can't help but believe that there is a creator. out nearest neighbors are dust filled and gaseous planets. step back and look at the universe as a whole. you will lose your mind before you even come close to figuring it out.

go backwards and look at the building blocks. we are composed of 'stardust'. atoms that are in the ground we walk on. how can organic compounds just appear by chance and then proceed to build such a vast array of combinations? millions upon millions of different life forms.

if anything, belief in a creator just gives me some peace of mind.

my dad absolutely does not believe, my mom does. i wasn't brought up with a lot of strict religion in my home, but i always had a feeling inside that there is a creator. you either have it or you don't.
    Last edited by anisa; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I refuse to answer anything that starts with

"dont mean to start a fight (argument) but"

thats about the same as "I dont mean to be a b**h but"

It never ends well.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post

"dont mean to start a fight (argument) but"

It never ends well.

i think it's unfair to assume that the discussion will end badly. have more faith in peoples' ability to have a level headed discussion.

IF it turns badly, perhaps deal with it then.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i think it's unfair to assume that the discussion will end badly. have more faith in peoples' ability to have a level headed discussion.

IF it turns badly, perhaps deal with it then.
    Pretty sure Im allowed an opinion. I am not "dealing with anything"

I just don't answer questions that start with those sayings.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: m

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"dont mean to start a fight but"

It never ends well.
    I think those can be two completely different things. "I don't mean to be a b**h but" implies that what you are about to say is hurtful but you will say it anyways. Saying "dont mean to start a fight but" IMO doesn't mean the OP wants to cause problems but the subject can be touchy - but still worthwhile talking about.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    I think those can be two completely different things. "I don't mean to be a b**h but" implies that what you are about to say is hurtful but you will say it anyways. Saying "dont mean to start a fight but" IMO doesn't mean the OP wants to cause problems but the subject can be touchy - but still worthwhile talking about.
    I do understand they are 2 different statements lol. Its also not the first time being discussed.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do understand they are 2 different statements lol. Its also not the first time being discussed.
    I should have added that the first statement I wouldn't answer either but the 2nd I don't have a problem with. That's what I was referring to.
    Sally888 likes this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

heh lol!

erin9mmm likes this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A lot of people "gave up" on a God due to hypocrisy, corruption and downright criminal behavior in religion. Sadly, so many things have been done "in the name of God" that people have actually begun believing those people/religions had the right to claim they were acting with God's approval.
    Others stopped (or never did) believing because the unbelievable amount of suffering in the world, not to mention the greed/injustice/cruelty. However, there is perfectly logical explanation for this in the Bible itself.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

Someone once asked me how anyone could believe in God after studying science and math. I guess I don't know how people *don't* believe after taking fourth-year or higher courses at the university level in the core sciences or pure maths. There are complex equations with triple integrals and page long derivations to describe the motions or behaviours of the simplest particles, along with the intracacies and complexities of biological systems. Explaining the replication process of DNA to grade 12 students is *sooooo* much less complex than explaining it to a group of masters students working on their thesis projects.

But how do you explain that in clear terms to my (then) fine arts college student friend? Maybe I had a good explanation then, because he's much more solid in his faith than I am. That, and life events have a way of changing your mind.

Sorry, bit boring, but you did ask.
    I think Math and science are actually a powerful indicators of a Creator. I would go back again to the perfecr order of a single cell and then take a billion of them and watch them work together in perfect harmony. Someone else pointed out the universe. How earth just happens to have the perfect elements for life (at least it still does. . .at the rate humans aer destroying it, who knows?)

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^ Can't help but notice the amount of posts you have now! Creepy!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information