User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: My cat won't stop licking the butter dish!!!!

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Alright, so this is not a shopping rant, but whatever.....it's rantyish....

I have a cat (a lot of times she thinks she is a dog, but that's beside the point...) that hubby and I adopted last year. She's an adult, and the shelter people didn't know much about her except she came in with her 4 kittens after she was discovered in an emptied apartment (they believe she may have been someone's pet previously, but was abandoned when the other owners moved....people disgust me ...but that's another rant in itself). She was very sick and almost died, but she's all good now. She is an amazing pet and we love her soooo much, but she is quirky. She licks the butter dish. Constantly. It's strange. She also brings us presents in the night. Her favourite present? Pens, pencils, crayons, markers....any writing tool. She'll carry them through the doorway, meow once to announce herself, and then drop them....then pick them up...and drop them again....up, drop, up, drop, up, drop....you get the picture. And this goes on at 3 in the morning. We have to Noodle-proof before we go to bed (her name is Noodle). Any writing utensils get put away into drawers (sometimes she finds them in the day and they hides them to bring them out at night....)

Her middle-of-the-night antics took a turn when she carried in a ziploc bag with half a tomato into our room and onto our bed. When I got up to put it away I also discovered a full garlic clove and a bag of bread that had magically made it's way into our room as well......obviously she thought we need bruschetta as a midnight snack. She didn't try to eat the stuff, she just brought it to us at night.

And the butter dish......she LOVES butter. We discovered that after we left our butter on a plate on the counter and we heard her smacking her lips! So that pound of butter went in the garbage and we bought a butter dish. Did that solve the problem? Kinda....but she's smart. She knows the butter is in there and she tries to lick her way through the glass and lick off any slight remnants of the salty goodness that may be on the dish. So, the butter goes up in the cupboard when I remember to put it up there (which is not all the time).

What does your pet do that makes you shake your head? I'm betting everyone's pet has a quirk or two! So c'mon....spill it! Rant away about your pets in here....they'll never know!
    This thread is currently associated with: Lick's

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OMG, your thread makes me laugh. No, my pets just do the typical gross pet things........for example, found a new area rug on clearance, brought it home, unroll it out on the floor, and dog quickly proceeds to drag his butt across it.......like literally did not wait more than 45 seconds. Was so unimpressed.
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

With three cats I think I would be here for a year listing all their quirks.

We had a few that liked butter in the past. Currently all three are Cheez Whiz obsessed.
    Natalka likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My cat sneaks up on me in the middle of the night and eats my hair. The first few times I thought he was just licking it, but then one morning I noticed a chunk taken out - right in the front where it would be most noticeable. He's very sneaky, but as soon as I notice him near my head, I boot him off of my bed. So then he sits on my nightstand and bats at my eyelids and nose with his paw. Keeping him out of my room wouldn't work either because he would cry and scratch my door all night and he's very loud!
    joseff, xox2010, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    OMG, your thread makes me laugh. No, my pets just do the typical gross pet things........for example, found a new area rug on clearance, brought it home, unroll it out on the floor, and dog quickly proceeds to drag his butt across it.......like literally did not wait more than 45 seconds. Was so unimpressed.
    I had to buy a machine washable door mat because my cats always puke up their hairballs on it.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lol so funny op!
    I have 3 kitties and they sure do amuse me. One cat is constantly putting the dry cat food into the water dish (which makes the water go all disgusting), and another one is always fishing the pieces of food out (while IMO giving the other cat a dirty look for dirtying the water lol). The third cat refuses to drink out of the water dish completely. He only drinks out of the toilet, and even manages to pancake himself between the lowered toilet seat to get a drink.
    Some days they drive me crazy, but oh how I love them to pieces
    xox2010 and coupongirl99 like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Bahahaha!!!! Pets are amazing.....can you imagine if people did some of these things? Rubbing their butts on new carpets? Drinking from the toilets? Eating someone's hair in the night? Hehehe....it makes me laugh just getting a mental picture of those things lol!

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

OMG I laughed so hard reading this post I had tears running doen my face. Ihave 2 cats and they behave like dogs. One of mine eats 24/7 and all you have to say is "treat" and she comes running. My other cat only likes to poop outside and when we are all at work and can't let him out, he poops in front of the litter box to let us know he is not impressed of having to poop in a box of sand.
    At night, my black cat likes to come and sit on top of me just starring at my face. I am a heavy sleeper and there has been so many times when I wake up with her starring at me freaking the poop out of me.
    Those are just a few things my cats do... I love them to death though
    coupongirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

i'd say thats your cat's way of rewarding you, bringing you little gifts, thanking you for rescuing her!
    When I'm sleeping and have my door closed so she can't bug me the entire night, in the morning my cat loves to knock things over in the bathroom, from the counter to the floor, from the tub ledge into the tub. She's smart, the noise wakes me, and thats how she gets my attention! she also loves shredding the toilet paper roll while in there...

she also LOVES finding the fleecy sheet in the laundry basket after the clothes come out, and she tries to EAT IT!!
    Can't really complain too much, her breath smells amazing! hehe
    SharonMe likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

one of my cats likes to dip her paw into the water fountain and lick it off.. ya know instead of actually drinking water out of the fountain LOL
    the other cat LOVEs to play in her litter box, she\ll go in there even if she doesnt have to pee or poop and just kick all her litter around,
    and when she is actually going to the washroom, she kicks it around for a good 10-15 minuts, i usually go insane by the time shes done from the noise LOL
    Natalka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Haha cats are funny people.
    I agree that she's thanking you for giving her a home.
    Cats love butter. This is a good thing if you ever have to give them a pill.
    It also comes in handy for getting rid of furballs.

We have one who loves to fetch like a dog.
    My son throws a balled roll of paper and she runs and brings it back to him
    One of our other cats is a big muscle guy but so gentle. If another cat is eating
    and he wants in, he puts his paw on the other cat's head and they move.
    It like he's saying "feel the weight, you don't want to mess with me."
    coupongirl99 likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post

We have one who loves to fetch like a dog.
    My son throws a balled roll of paper and she runs and brings it back to him
    One of our other cats is a big muscle guy but so gentle. If another cat is eating
    and he wants in, he puts his paw on the other cat's head and they move.
    It like he's saying "feel the weight, you don't want to mess with me."

That makes me laugh, my cats have to eat from seperate dishes and it different parts of the house otherwise they'll push eachother out of the way to eat eachothers food.
    If im not watching, one will come over and put her paw slowly in the dish and drag it towards herself, while the other cat just watches and lets her do it.
    its quite amusing to watch
    coupongirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have four cats and the older male will only eat cat food, butter, sour cream, milk and rice. Give him organic and he looks at you funny. Plus any empty bowl he has to lick the bowl. Strange kitty. Jupiter use to take his toy mouse to the litter with him I guess fears of other cats taking them. He also hoards all his toys in one corner. His toys were all spread over and we witnessed him taking each toy to the corner. Plus when dinner is called he walks about the kitchen inlet around and around until food on the floor. And he has OCD all closet doors must be open or he meows like he is in pain at the door.
    They are all funny little creatures
    coupongirl99 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Sisu, our younger cat, drags her string toy up to us and drops it at our feet with a demanding meow. That's cute.

It's less cute when it happens at 5 in the morning just outside the bedroom door.

The cats both go crazy for lasagna. We have to put the plates directly in the dishwasher as soon as someone leaves the table or a cat will be trying to claim the plate. As they're both mostly white/light-coloured, lasagna is a disaster waiting to happen!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not a pet owner, but I sure laughed at some of the pet antics posted here! On another forum I read, by now, someone would have started a parody thread titled: My dog won't stop licking his butt!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information