User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Disgusting customer WANTS cashier to get in trouble!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Since the items were clearance priced, it doesn't matter what colour they were. They have a price tag on them, so the price is what the tag says. This guy needs to get a life!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Pointing out a fact that loss prevention officers are always watching and would not be happy is not threatening a customer. It is stating a fact and warning the customer of the consequences that everyone would face. Loss prevention is completely out of the cashiers hands. How was there a threat here? As several people have mentioned, items of different colours are often different prices on clearance depending on how quickly that colour sells.

And explain to me how the cashier had an ego trip? Her manager said no. So she said no. An ego trip would be if she went on and did what she wanted anyway, which she didn't. Is she supposed to lose her job and not listen to a manager because some entitled guy flips out? Sounds to me like that customer was the one on the ego trip. It's people with entitled attitudes like this that make customer service jobs so crappy. Have a look at all the other comments on this thread. Your opinion seems to be the one that's out of whack...

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    I think the customer has a valid point for being upset with the difference of price. It should be the same price, no?

And the cashier shouldn't threaten the customer if she makes a price change. A customer can complain all they want about changing the price. Customers have no authority to make a price change...only the employees or management. So merely making that comment would of had ME call the manager to complain about the cashier. Who is the cashier to threaten the customer about getting in trouble for a price change? She can only get in trouble!!! The cashier should of called the manager and discussed it with them.

It's cashiers like this is why i never say thank you to them. They think they own the store...Ego trip bc they know how to scan an item!!!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, May 16th, 2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    It's cashiers like this is why i never say thank you to them. They think they own the store...Ego trip bc they know how to scan an item!!!
    Is it just snotty cashiers or all cashiers? Treat all people the way you want to be treated, that's my motto.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

sounds like priceisright has never worked in retail
    Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Is it just snotty cashiers or all cashiers? Treat all people the way you want to be treated, that's my motto.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I used to work in retail and would get customers all the time requesting a discount on their purchase. One customer even had the gal to ask me, "Can you give me some kind of discount? I just spent over $200..." Ummmm...no!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ouch, your poor mom.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    The problem I had was very few people treated me with respect. I pulled all the muscles in my left shoulder and neck area (from working at those types of cashes btw) and asking people to empty out bins or baskets was like pulling teeth! (I found the reaching motion made it hurt more). I'd tell people to not shove boxes or heavy items at me, either put it on the belt or I'll pick it up in a motion that's easier for me, nooo, they always had to shove them at me over the cash button thing (you know the ones that kinda float in front of the cashier?)....UGH.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I never understand that. Do they just expect you to dump out the basket? Cashier is heavy work. I remember my feet and shoulders would just ache from that repetitive motion

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    The problem I had was very few people treated me with respect. I pulled all the muscles in my left shoulder and neck area (from working at those types of cashes btw) and asking people to empty out bins or baskets was like pulling teeth! (I found the reaching motion made it hurt more). I'd tell people to not shove boxes or heavy items at me, either put it on the belt or I'll pick it up in a motion that's easier for me, nooo, they always had to shove them at me over the cash button thing (you know the ones that kinda float in front of the cashier?)....UGH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information