Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By momof3heathens
  • 2 Post By BrokeandBlended
  • 3 Post By ninna

Thread: Disapointed in Zeller Liquadation

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I went to our Zellers store in Tillicum Victoria BC to see if I could get any good deals and all they did was left everything at regular price and then give you 10% to 30% off. 30% off the more expensive stuff and 10% off the cheaper stuff like food. I thought it was a complete waste of a trip. The girl at the cash said that they would change it every two weeks to higher percentage.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our store closes next week. I've been able o get a lot of really good deals in the last week. Average savings of 80 percent or so. I was disPpointef at first and I was shocked at how many people bought at what to me seemed like higher price than walmart on a regular day! Hopefully som good deals will come your way soon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Also notice a lot of the products had the prices jacked up so much that the discount only brought it down to what the prices were prior to liquidation.
    GoJays likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found the same thing in London Ontario. Prices set so as the discount hardly justifies the purchase. They marked make-up down 30% but it was still cheaper at Walmart. For some reason it was being bought up like some sort of mad deal. Hardly made sense, but I guess people buy things when they appear on sale. I can not wait for Zellers to close for good because their liquadation is driving me to the brink.
    Last edited by BrokeandBlended; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    GoJays and ninna like this.
    Melissa Boucher

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went to the Huron/Highbury London Zellers that is liquidating.
    This was my fourth and last trip to that location during the liquidation sales.
    All were wasted trips.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeandBlended View Post
    I found the same thing in London Ontario. Prices set so as the discount hardly justifies the purchase. They marked make-up down 30% but it was still cheaper at Walmart. For some reason it was being bought up like some sort of mad deal. Hardly made sense, but I guess people buy things when they appear on sale. I can not wait for Zellers to close for good because their liquadation is driving me to the brink.
    This was exactly at my store. I was shocked to find the store sold out of a lot of stuff despite it not closing until September 1st. It was ridiculous. Everything was so junky, it would of been cheaper to shop at WM with their most expensive prices compared to the "discounts" Zellers was giving.

I was also shocked that grown women were running around like chickens with their heads cut off snatching up all the overpriced junk.

There were a few of us though wandering around with empty carts and I got in the middle (litteraly) of two very old ladies complaining that everything was so junky and overpriced. I agreed with them.

DH and I left empty handed and full walleted. We will not be going back even closer to closing date, its a complete waste.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Eh, I guess ours is better (Square One).
    I got some Wonderbras for $7.50, and I got that Fisher Price Ark toy for only $25 last night..
    And DH found a Tron RC car that goes up the walls for $20.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Pfft. Zellers. Good freakin riddance to them! I've personally always hated that chain anyway. Their prices were much higher than anywhere else, much of their merchandise was crap, and there was ALWAYS a price error (never, of course, in the consumer's favour either!). Honest to god, they couldn't scan a product correctly to save their lives.

Anyway, after discovering what a total scam their "liquidation" is, I hate them even more. We went in to one of the London stores. There's big signs everywhere screaming "Liquidation! up to 80% off!"

All over the store, there were BIG signs that said "take 50% off the lowest ticketed price." Then, on every single item, there is a yellow ticket with a marked down price on it. In many cases, the original price sticker was still on the item too, but then there was also this yellow sticker on every item with an even lower price. It would be logical to conclude (would it not?) that one would then take 50% off the lowest ticketed price--meaning, take 50% off the number that was on that yellow sticker?

Is that a logical conclusion?

hehe. If you answered "yes" to that question then you are just as gullible as me.

Ohhhhhhh no. Nope. That would be too simple. Too logical. Too honest.

I have no reason to trust Zellers, having been screwed by then repeatedly in the past....so before I jumped to fill my cart with stuff, I inquired with an employee who told me that the original white price stickers were considered "tickets." Those large fluorescent yellow squares that had even lower prices on them? Guess what. They are not "tickets." They are "signs." So even though there was a price on this large yellow piece of paper glued to every item (which many people would conclude was "the lowest ticketed price,"), the price on the yellow sticker WAS the lowest price and no further discounts apply. That was the lowest price. So I don't even know why they bothered to slap all those silly signs up about "50% off the lowest ticketed price" except perhaps to mislead people and dupe them into believing they were getting a better deal than they actually were. well, not to mention that most of the stuff was ridiculously overpriced to begin with so even with any kind of discount, it only brings the price down to what I would pay at Walmart on any given day anyway.

Ugh. Zellers. Hate hate hate them. Freakin' robbers.
    Jina, GoJays and JenC like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Thread Information