User Tag List

Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2235
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had gotten a lovely hyacinth for my birthday on the 27th, and the bloom lasted til yesterday.
    Oh, it was SO wonderful having that amazing fragrance fill the house!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I had gotten a lovely hyacinth for my birthday on the 27th, and the bloom lasted til yesterday.
    Oh, it was SO wonderful having that amazing fragrance fill the house!
    I knew there was something else I was supposed to start, my SIL bought me some bulbs too. I started some seeds and bulbs already, cant wait.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu and Shwa Girl like this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

snow maybe ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ROMEO and avoncallingu like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmewhoelse View Post
    I knew there was something else I was supposed to start, my SIL bought me some bulbs too. I started some seeds and bulbs already, cant wait.
    Whoa, some of my seeds have already sprouted! Some petunias and dianthus and even a Geranium. I wasn't expecting those ones to sprout as I wasn't even sure if I had saved the right thing as a seed! lol At least I know my seeds are good. So now I can plan to start more.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

and snow
    ROMEO and avoncallingu like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Vancouver got a dump of snow the last two days. Right after I had put all my landscape fabric down.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It is -37 today. This is how I feel.

Name:  garden.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  49.0 KB
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lots of windblown pine needles and twigs about. Scrawny yellow grass peeking through melted snow patches. Waiting on crocuses-they are always poking up or blooming by Mar. 17. One area for crocuses is snow free while the other spot a metre away is about 1 foot under snow.

Indoors-last week, the second and third orchid blooms opened on Mom's plant. Kind of surprised that they'd open during winter in February--house is kept on cooler side of warm.

Must admit my happy spirit grew a little by walking through Walmart's gardening centre. It's partway there in stocking for gardening-handtools, spray nozzles for hoses and seeds; other side had pots and plant food. Middle of centre-salt for sale!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Mar 1st, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HA! At least you have lawn patches that you can see! I haven't seen any lawn for two months now.. I don't even know if there's any left. We're growing a nice, healthy snow patch.. two of them - front yard and back yard. The good news is the chicken wire that I stapled to the fence last year has so far kept the rabbits out of my back yard.

One of my orchids is blooming right now too. If I remember, I'll get a picture of it.
    Natalka, ROMEO and avoncallingu like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    This summer was pretty awful on the weather scale here. I am looking for ward to next year already. Hopefully it won't be a long winter like last year.
    I think I will eat my words now

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Walmart no longer has the salt in the gardening centre!

I spotted one little green shoot about 3/4" high near the foundation of the house. It's in one of the zones for where crocuses pop up and since the roof overhang is above, the ground below is pretty much free of any snow or any deep snow. Three feet away, the flowerbed is still snowed under except for branches poking through the cover. Did a bit of clearing of snow yesterday and trimmed some broken stalks to help the plants put their energy into the healthy parts once the temp warms up tomorrow. The narrow bed by the gas meter has a scrawny green mass of leaves that look wilted but have a very obvious green colour. In contrast to the dehydrated stems of the linen coloured stalks from the snow alyssum flower plants next to it...

I wandered through Canadian Tire's gardening supplies (centre is not open but some store aisles are stocked). Canadian made plastic green fencing can be had-only two rolls on the shelf. Pity I did not have the budget to snap them up.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Mar 5th, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Currently, poinsettias.
    avoncallingu and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Receding snowline-YES! Melting ice-happening! (Mind you, a little "lake" is forming.) I swept the snow (soft, thankfully) off the two crocus stalks on Thursday (sun and wind were working on that snow) and they are still upright. Not much has changed and no bloom bulbs either. Will check tomorrow (St. Patrick's Day) to see if there is action.
    There's a windchill outside but there is SUNSHINE and I went walking>happy mind!

@ShwaGirl-in November, I believe you put some fertilizer down during a warm day. Looking forward to your grass report!
    avoncallingu, GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

receding snowline here as well i noticed this morning that the day lilies are impatient and are not waiting for the snow to melt.. there are new green shoots peeking out from the snow.. take that snow!
    avoncallingu, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @ShwaGirl-in November, I believe you put some fertilizer down during a warm day. Looking forward to your grass report!
    Thanks for remembering.
    We still have mounds of snow in the Shwa. Some of it dirty snow. Some melting going on, but the temps are dropping too. I think they said Thursday we would be on the plus side of zero.

What's blooming?
    indoor plants
    bought Elephant Ears from Costco, so looking forward to putting these outside.
    Name:  350-865992-847__1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  36.1 KB

Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information