User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you be spending less at SDM?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have already decreased my spending there because of the points stealing fiasco

35 28.69%
  • I will be spending less because i cannot combine points offers

43 35.25%
  • I will keep shopping at SDM the same as always

41 33.61%
  • points? what points???

3 2.46%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Will the recent 'clawing back' of Optimum Points motivate you to spend LESS?

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I will continue to shop at SDM and I spend a lot there! I do as much shopping as possible at shoppers drug mart during bonus points events. SDM has the best rewards program and, although I'm disappointed in the change, I'm just grateful to be able to get anything back from them. I'll save my BP coupons for redemption times

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I ALWAYS use Bonus Coupons, so it will make me think twice as sometimes I pay a little bit more for items (ie diapers), but it's well worth it because of the extra points. Makes me nervous that they'll take away my points right before I go to do a redemption.

If customers are not allowed to use BP coupons with a 20x promo, then they shouldn't accept the BP coupon to begin with, instead of going into customer's accounts and adjusting their points. I wonder if this means you can't use BP coupons when doing a redemption too?!
    Wanna Join WagJag? àhttp://www.wagjag.com/?wid=32ea912f41ea7fd17f7c8a136779b461<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Wanna Join Groupon? àhttp://www.groupon.com/r/uu20943525<o:p></o:p>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavenRaven View Post
    I will continue to shop at SDM and I spend a lot there! I do as much shopping as possible at shoppers drug mart during bonus points events. SDM has the best rewards program and, although I'm disappointed in the change, I'm just grateful to be able to get anything back from them. I'll save my BP coupons for redemption times
    I agree that the points program is good. But its not AS good as it was.
    I would likely shop there more if I wasn't 20 mins from the states.
    I'm not earning points but I'm saving more money then I would've got with those points anyways.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'll shop just the same as in the past. A few of the brands my BF and my mom use are all exclusive to SDM and with the rewards program, it's cheaper than getting in US. As for other stuff, I find that as long as I wait out, SDM will almost always have sales that either match or beat sales WM or stupidstore. I always buy Peek Freans at SDM because I don't find places sell for 1.99 without limit AND tones of stock! They also sell milk cheaper than places I shop around. I don't usually get BP for things I shop for anyways, so it really doesn't do much difference for me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will not continue if they don't allow us to use coupons. I will pm at Walmart and go there.
    walkonby and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I will continue to shop the same way that I have for a couple years now... taking advantage of 20X Events and buying my son's insulin pump supplies ONLY on those days. I rarely shop there on a day that doesn't have 20X the points. I will do the gift card promo in November and get points on all of the gift cards that I will purchase my Christmas gifts with, and I occasionally pop in for milk, but really, that's about it.

It still allows me to redeem for about $1500 a year for things we NEED anyway. All in all, not a bad system for us.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

kshearer, so many ppl are collecting mega points for medical supplies. awesome use of their points
    carlyincanada likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavenRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lealgen View Post
    I ALWAYS use Bonus Coupons, so it will make me think twice as sometimes I pay a little bit more for items (ie diapers), but it's well worth it because of the extra points. Makes me nervous that they'll take away my points right before I go to do a redemption.

If customers are not allowed to use BP coupons with a 20x promo, then they shouldn't accept the BP coupon to begin with, instead of going into customer's accounts and adjusting their points. I wonder if this means you can't use BP coupons when doing a redemption too?!
    I was told that any bonus points awarded during bonus redemptions will be removed later, whether they are from bp coupons or automatic. However, during a regular redemption, it is ok (95k pts = $170). But not during any points events which includes 20x, $75/18500, bonus redemptions, super redemptions, mega redemptions.

I would love it if someone else would call (or post on FB) and ask because the person on the phone did give me some other info that turned out to be wrong (i.e. it's always been this way vs this is a new rule as of May 26th).

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

"kshearer, so many ppl are collecting mega points for medical supplies. awesome use of their points "

That'll be the next policy they retroactively change.....
    Last edited by redhdlois; Mon, Jun 11th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Although I did a lot of points events the last couple of months, in general I'm shopping there less. I had plus status by this time last year. This year I don't expect to achieve it for the first time in 4 (5?) years. The only perk really is the Glow mag and now that you can't use the bp coupons they occasionally include during points events, what's the point?

I bought a lot of GCs when they had that promo last Nov. I don't plan to do that again this year if they offer it.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I will continue to shop there. I usually get my milk & eggs there as that is the cheapest place for me, unless SOF & Safeway as them on cheaper with an exceptional sale like a $1.50 off coupon for the milk which I see about 3 times a year. All of these stores are within 5 min of me & like SavenRaven says it does have the best pts promo. I lost 720 bp on vitamins on the clawback which I'm ticked at which I thought I was entitled to. However, with the BP coupons, that is another matter as it does say specifically on there that they shouldn't be combined with another offer. I wonder how the promo for Tim Horton & gas card WUS over $50 will effect these bp offers. Myself, I will hold off on those & just stick to the 20X bp offer WUS over $50, or 18,500 bp WUS over $75.

I'll just have to shop smarter & remember to buy anything with bp on products separately if I'm buying them on a 20X or gift card promo weekend.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I was told that any bonus points awarded during bonus redemptions will be removed later, whether they are from bp coupons or automatic. However, during a regular redemption, it is ok (95k pts = $170). But not during any points events which includes 20x, $75/18500, bonus redemptions, super redemptions, mega redemptions.

I would love it if someone else would call (or post on FB) and ask because the person on the phone did give me some other info that turned out to be wrong (i.e. it's always been this way vs this is a new rule as of May 26th).

Silk
    i noticed that conflict in argument as well.

SDM... was it always that way or did it start on the 26th, make up your mind!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post
    I will continue to shop there. I usually get my milk & eggs there as that is the cheapest place for me, unless SOF & Safeway as them on cheaper with an exceptional sale like a $1.50 off coupon for the milk which I see about 3 times a year. All of these stores are within 5 min of me & like SavenRaven says it does have the best pts promo. I lost 720 bp on vitamins on the clawback which I'm ticked at which I thought I was entitled to. However, with the BP coupons, that is another matter as it does say specifically on there that they shouldn't be combined with another offer. I wonder how the promo for Tim Horton & gas card WUS over $50 will effect these bp offers. Myself, I will hold off on those & just stick to the 20X bp offer WUS over $50, or 18,500 bp WUS over $75.

I'll just have to shop smarter & remember to buy anything with bp on products separately if I'm buying them on a 20X or gift card promo weekend.
    i feel bad for ppl who were assured by SDM staff that they could do more than one promo at the same time.
    R

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

guess I ll continue the same.I m always lazy to print BP coupons so not much difference to me.and I got addicted to optimum points since only 3 years.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    "kshearer, so many ppl are collecting mega points for medical supplies. awesome use of their points "

That'll be the next policy they retroactively change.....
    And when they do .... it`ll be the last they see of me
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information