User Tag List

Page 137 of 239 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Can I promise you this is the last one?

Shirtless Justin Trudeau accidentally photo bombs B.C. beach wedding
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ding-1.3710479

That's him on the left with the yellow surfboard and wetsuit stripped down to his waist

Name:  CpMNwxDUAAAynMq.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  79.5 KB

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I don't know if you know of "Scary Lucy", a hideous statue of Lucille Ball that was erected in her hometown and caused a Facebook hate-wave...but they have commissioned a new statue and it is public now. I think the best part of the story is that they are not getting rid of the old Scary Lucy because it has too much of a fan following now. I think the new Lucy is pretty good, but honestly she would be wearing a more supportive (pointy!) bra in that era. Disappointed she has no points lol.

Lucille Ball Sculptor on New Polka-Dotted Statue: "I Just Hope Everyone's Pleased"
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...culptor-916859
    abbasgirl, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ The new one is just lovely!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Saskatchewan deputy minister resigns after drunk driving charge....

Earlier in the year:

On May 13, speaking about the launch of an impaired-driving awareness campaign, he said too many people were dying in drunk-driving accidents in Saskatchewan.
    "Any one of us could lose someone we care about due to impaired driving," he said. "We owe it to ourselves, our loved ones and all other road users to never drive if we're impaired by alcohol or drugs."
    On May 25, McMorris was one of three ministers assigned by the premier to investigate the implications on driver safety of the federal government's plan to legalize marijuana.

Wow. How a single, thoughtless mis-judgment can ruin a career. No one thinks they'll absoslutely be the cause of someone else's misfortune or death, but evidently many are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ving-1.3710259

Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Aug 7th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Wow. How a single, thoughtless mis-judgment can ruin a career. No one thinks they'll absoslutely be the cause of someone else's misfortune or death, but evidently many are.

Hmmmm....I've known far too many people who drive or who have driven drunk or as close the the limit as they can for far too many times before they got caught..I'm not saying Mr McMorris was one but Impaired Driving rarely comes out of the blue..There's often a lead up over months or years..
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ As you can imagine, this is huge news here.

Sask. leads the all the provinces in drunk driving, it's absolutely sickening.
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ As you can imagine, this is huge news here.

Sask. leads the all the provinces in drunk driving, it's absolutely sickening.
    Oh, my, I didn't know that, @Natalka ! We've driven through Saskatchewan and yes, many people have told us that old joke, "mile and miles of nothing but miles and miles", but Honey, that's what I loved about your province! I felt I could breathe there!!

Could it be as simple as your long straight roads, distances to drive? Here, we're over hill and dale, with curvy roads avoiding the Canadian Shield rocks and it's not easy to drive any great distances while drunk although MANY have tried and many have failed!

Sad when a career can skid to a stop with one thoughtless act.
    Natalka and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Hmmmm....I've known far too many people who drive or who have driven drunk or as close the the limit as they can for far too many times before they got caught..I'm not saying Mr McMorris was one but Impaired Driving rarely comes out of the blue..There's often a lead up over months or years..
    Hmmmm...you could be bang on, @Darth Penguin. Maybe it was just that he was finally caught. I'm so proud of our Daughter and her Hubby...they always have my Hubby on call when they go out, or have a designated driver. I guess with "age" comes wisdom...not to mention that she has to drive in her line of work.

Such a senseless act that can take so many innocent lives. A vehicle is really a weapon, and sometimes, too often really, a deadly one.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Aug 7th, 2016 at 10:31 PM.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Hmmmm...you could be bang on, @Darth Penguin. Maybe it was just that he was finally caught. I'm so proud of our Daughter and her Hubby...they always have my Hubby on call when they go out, or have a designated driver. I guess with "age" comes wisdom...not to mention that she has to drive in her line of work.

Such a senseless act that can take so many innocent lives. A vehicle is really a weapon, and sometimes, too often really, a deadly one.
    The only time I drunk and drove was at a Christmas meal with my team-mates..I thought I'd had a half -glass of wine but didn't realise the waiter had topped it up twice without me realizing ..until I was driving down the M4..Not drunk..not over the limit..but I knew my perspectives and reactions were squeed...30 mins of not feeling in charge of my car while still being technically sober..NEVER, EVER, EVER ding that again..coke or water..I'll be designated driver.
    I prefer it that way..
    Lynn49 and Ciel like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, my, I didn't know that, @Natalka ! We've driven through Saskatchewan and yes, many people have told us that old joke, "mile and miles of nothing but miles and miles", but Honey, that's what I loved about your province! I felt I could breathe there!!

Could it be as simple as your long straight roads, distances to drive? Here, we're over hill and dale, with curvy roads avoiding the Canadian Shield rocks and it's not easy to drive any great distances while drunk although MANY have tried and many have failed!

Sad when a career can skid to a stop with one thoughtless act.
    Yes, a lot has to do with rural populations - no cabs or ubers out in the boonies, out on grid roads on the prairies. However, they COULD be using designated drivers, for gosh sake!

Our province also has the most KMs of roads of any province - and per capita of anywhere in the world.

And it's the awesome straight drives which I love too, Lynn! You can see your dog running away for hundreds of kilometres, lol!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    That's unfortunately often true - just the first time that someone gets caught.
    Lynn49, walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Yes, a lot has to do with rural populations - no cabs or ubers out in the boonies, out on grid roads on the prairies. However, they COULD be using designated drivers, for gosh sake!
    I grew up in the boonies and I loved to hike down the country roads with my dog - and it was a common sight on the weekends to see cars abandoned, in a field, in a ditch, anywhere...as a kid I never understood why people parked in odd places but when I got older my brother was a tow truck driver and got the calls to pick up those cars and it was all, I had too much to drink and couldn't go any further. So sad to have my eyes opened like that.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The emperor of Japan wants to abdicate the throne
    Natalka and Ciel like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Donald Trump started his economic policy speech in Detroit at 12:15 PM - it's 12:39 PM and he has been interrupted by female protesters stirred up by his comments on women 12 times.

Yep, 24 minutes and 12 angry women.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    The emperor of Japan wants to abdicate the throne
    This is going to be a very interesting situation, for sure. He can't come right out and say it, as that would be interfering with politics.
    Laws would have to be changed, and they would have to address female succession.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 137 of 239 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast

Thread Information