User Tag List

Page 142 of 239 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bless her heart, the poor thing...http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/09/06...dge-robin-camp

She’s fought through tears, trembling and very probably, a natural urge to just drop the whole thing and make it go away.

But on Tuesday, the 24-year-old woman whose knees were the subject of a judge’s brutal queries at a Calgary rape trial once again overcame obvious fear to confront someone she believes has violated her — in this case, by making her question her own sexual conduct.

“He made me hate myself and he made me feel like I should have done something, like I was some kind of slut,” said the young woman, whose name is protected by a publication ban.

Answering direct questions and reading from a prepared statement, the woman told a Canadian Judicial Council hearing that Justice Robin Camp went beyond anything she’d expected, as one of the rare Canadians to actually report a sexual assault.
    “The judge asked me questions about my sexuality and made me very uncomfortable and confused. What did he get out of asking me those kinds of questions?”

As well as the notorious “knees together” question, Camp thought it appropriate to grill the alleged victim on why she didn’t just shift her genitals out of harm’s way, if she wasn’t keen on sex.

AND THIS I did NOT know!
    “Why didn’t you just sink your bottom down into the basin so he couldn’t penetrate you?”
    Those questions alone, forever recorded in the court record on that day back in 2014, are probably rope enough if Camp’s career is to ultimately hang for his horrifying attitude in this case.
    “I’m so disappointed and sad about the system. My biggest worry is the victims who will never come forward because of what they read in the newspaper about Justice Camp’s words,” she said, reading from her statement.

Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  facepalm.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  25.4 KB
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

The judge makes $317k/year...you would think for that money that they would get someone that was qualified. I hope they dump him.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...kUQ?li=AAggFp5

Two women in France abused and their partners attacked by Muslim youths because the women were wearing shorts.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Teen told to apologize to youth pastor rapist's wife..

A North Olmsted youth pastor will spend a decade in prison for carrying on a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old member of his church. Brian Mitchell, 31, sat Thursday with his brow furrowed for most of the 90-minute hearing where Cuyahoga County Judge Peter Corrigan sentenced him to 10 years in prison.
    Mitchell — a husband and father of three children under the age of 8— was the youth pastor at Columbia Road Baptist Church in North Olmsted when he met the victim.
    He pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual battery.
    "I'm so sorry to (the) family," Mitchell said. "I can't imagine the work and effort you've had to put into fixing your family."
    The girl in a letter to the judge that she looked up to Mitchell, and that she sought him out to learn how to live a more spiritual life through religion.
    Mitchell began sending her text messages that became more and more frequent. Someone brought it to the attention of church leaders and the texting stopped for a time.
    He started up again, and the girl said the tone of the messages quickly turned from innocent and fun to serious. She said he complained about his wife and their marital problems.
    She wrote that she wanted the texts to stop but felt scared to say anything because he was a powerful figure in the church and in her life.
    One day, he drove to her home and told her to come out to his car. He kissed her and told her he wanted to see her again.
    The next time he drove out to her home, he had sex with her in his car. Another time he had sex with her at her home while his wife was out of town, Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Kristen Karkutt said.

"I did not give him permission," the girl wrote. "I clearly said 'no, didn't want to.' I felt like he tricked me."
    Mitchell directed her to delete text message exchanges between the two and told her never to tell anyone. He picked her up during her lunch break from school. He sent her flowers for her birthday, then asked her mother at church if she knew who sent them.
    Normally an outgoing teen who played sports and worked two jobs while going to school, she found herself unable to get out of bed. She struggled in school.
    Once the relationship came to light, the church reported the accusations to Fairview Park police.

The girl's mother said in court that church officials told her their family couldn't return to the church until she apologized to Mitchell's wife. Defense attorney Ian Friedman said Mitchell was never aware of that.
    The family has since left the church.
    The girl wrote that she still has nightmares and displays what Corrigan called textbook symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.
    "This is a perfect example of the psychological damage caused by these types of crimes," Corrigan said.
    Friedman said Mitchell acknowledges that he betrayed the girl, her family, his own family and the church.
    "The whirlwind two or three months of Snapchats and texts and the secrecy involved created an adrenaline- and lust-filled situation where he felt like there could be a future," Friedman said.
    Mitchell, who received about three-dozen letters of support given to the judge, apologized to the girl's family and said he was sorry for what he did, not that he got caught.
    He said that he dreamed of being a father and asked for leniency in order to take care of his kids.
    Corrigan, who had the option to sentence him anywhere between one and 20 years in prison, did not adopt Friedman's recommendation for house arrest.
    "Your delusional excuse — that there were emotions and love involved — is troubling," Corrigan told Mitchell. "That's extremely delusional."
    Bold mine
    Lynn49 likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Woman shot dead after telling man "to stop grinding on her"

All 22-year-old Tiarah Poyau said was: “Get off me.” The graduate student at St. John’s University had aspirations of becoming an accountant at a top firm. On Monday, she took a break from her studies for celebration at Brooklyn’s West Indian J’Ouvert festival. But what should have been a day of good food, laughter and dancing turned into a nightmare.
    At around 4 a.m., while walking with some of her friends along the parade route, Poyau was approached by 20-year-old Reginald Moise who reportedly began grinding on her without her consent. Poyau told him, “Get off me.” Moise then pulled out a gun and shot her in the eye at close range.
    He shot her.
    Moise was so shaken by the thought of rejection, by the idea that he was not entitled to Poyau’s body that he actually ended her life. According to reports, the 20-year-old told one friend that he didn’t know the gun was loaded. Either way, his violent response to Poyau is a prime example of how black male fragility is killing black women.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yesterday, Trump in Florida gathered quite the 'basket of deplorables'...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/basketof...fault&src=hash

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

^ I am glad Clinton has made that an issue. The rise of the white supremacy movement within Trump's campaign is disgusting.

Name:  CsAvSKnW8AASGOw.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  86.8 KB
    Last edited by lecale; Sun, Sep 11th, 2016 at 02:19 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    ^ I am glad Clinton has made that an issue. The rise of the white supremacy movement within Trump's campaign is disgusting.

Name:  CsAvSKnW8AASGOw.jpg
Size:  86.8 KB
    Yes, @lecale , the honest truth from a candidate for once! I also believe that Hillary would utter NOTHING that wasn't scripted. This wasn't just a blurt-out she made...it was done because maybe just maybe someone might hear the truth for a change. This'll die out soon enough. The thing that bothers me so much, is WHY isn't anyone concerned that he hasn't made his financial records public?! Isn't that something she could and should sink her teeth into?!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, if her health wasn't a concern to most before (and it should be), it will be now. They pretty much had to drag her in the vehicle.
    Temp in the 70s, people said it wasn't really hot.

Hoping she is okay.

ADDED - Just heard on the news 4 p.m. that she was diagnosed with pneumonia Friday.

But as Hilary said just a few days ago:

"The most important quality in a president and Commander-in-Chief is steadiness—an absolute, rock solid steadiness."
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Sep 11th, 2016 at 06:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Well, if her health wasn't a concern to most before (and it should be), it will be now. They pretty much had to drag her in the vehicle.

Hoping she is okay.

ADDED - Just heard on the news 4 p.m. that she was diagnosed with pneumonia Friday.

"The most important quality in a president and Commander-in-Chief is steadiness—an absolute, rock solid steadiness."
    Pneumonia?! I have a lot of respect for anyone who fights thru pneumonia, trying to just get on with life, nevermind the grueling schedule she has to work these days. I hope she takes time to rest; it can only get worse if she doesn't...then omg, the presidency!!!!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Hoping she is okay.

Why should her health be of a concern??

Today's low was 21C with a humdity of 40%..(http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/new-york/ext) plus she's in a crowd in dark clothing and possibly a Kelvar vest. Being in a crowd in a concrete amphitheater is going to raise the ambient temp 5 or 6 degrees C. Plus in a crowd there's less air ..that's why I no long go down the the mosh pit, fun in your teens and twenties...breathless in your 50's..

She's been on the go for the past..what 2 years she probably tired but that's due to her schedule not ill-health.

eta...major city temps tend be taken in wide open spaces like airports which is why their relevance to inner city environments are limited.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, Sep 11th, 2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: add eta
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Michelle Obama poses for InStyle magazine, called gorilla, transvestite

Name:  2016-09-11_1-51-37.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  8.6 KB
    Name:  2016-09-11_1-48-03.jpg
Size:  50.7 KB

A ridiculously named – yet somehow moderately popular – right-wing garbage fire of a Facebook page called The Resistance: The Last Line of Defense decided to give their take on the matter, posting the photo of our lovely First Lady with the following message: “What do you think of the new portrait of Moochelle by InStyle Magazine?” The numbskulls who visit the page are then instructed to “like” if they think it is Photoshopped and share the post if they are “still not convinced he’s a she.”

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Darth Penguin , it just boggles my mind that there are still people in the world who think it's okay to talk like that about someone, anyone else! Just makes me ill to read those hateful posts. I'm sure they're all trump supporters, absolutely, which just goes to show you how low he has to stoop to get support for his idiocy.
    It's shameful. What makes anyone think they can actually post things like that about another human being?!!

I for one think she's beautiful, elegant and more than worth of respect.

What the basket of trash out there thinks should have little value. Unfortunately, get enough of them together, and God knows what can happen.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Page 142 of 239 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 ... LastLast

Thread Information